KIC 8462852 mega structure?

Ok so ive been to KIC 8462852 (abbys star) and nothing! Come on fdev where is the et maga structure? It was all over the news when you guys made the game and again at launch ... missed a trick there lol

If you mean Tabby's Star, it was all over the news in late 2017, three years after the launch of this game.

Only a few months later at the start of 2018 it was demonstrated via photometric analysis of the dimming that it's most likely to be caused by a boring old dust cloud.

It’s no different than Epsilon Aurigae. Just an orbiting dust cloud. No big deal. Currently the engine doesn’t support dust clouds or accretion disks.

If you mean Tabby's Star, it was all over the news in late 2017, three years after the launch of this game.

Only a few months later at the start of 2018 it was demonstrated via photometric analysis of the dimming that it's most likely to be caused by a boring old dust cloud.

I know, for some reason I saw that a few days ago.

TBH I'm gutted!

Go Megastructures, go!

I'm still rather wary of 'explanations' for the dimming given the way proponents of the comet hypothesis were willing to take shortcuts with their methodology and disregard data that didn't fit. Still looking forwards to the James Webb being able to shed some light on the subject.

That's what they WANT you to believe..........
Well, we could always have Arecibo send a nice mathematical greeting card thataway. If anyone’s in that system, we should hear back from them in...oh...2,940 years or so.

Long-distance charges may apply.

My money’s still on Gliese 581 D or Kepler 22 b.

Last edited:
Ok so ive been to KIC 8462852 (abbys star) and nothing! Come on fdev where is the et maga structure? It was all over the news when you guys made the game and again at launch ... missed a trick there lol

I think you need to check your medication, KIC 8462852 aka 2MASS J20061546+4427248 aka TYC 3162-665-1 - is not in the game.

(Not even as LGM-2) ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom