KICS 4 Released - Free Voice Attack Profile for Elite

Greetings Commanders,

KICS 4 has now been released for those of you using VoiceAttack.

KICS 4 quick overview:
[video=youtube;J2hx7FzfjrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2hx7FzfjrE[/video]

Downloadable from: < redirected link removed >

Fly safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quickie it seems that there is no sound recorded for "landing gear currently deployed ", is this waiting to be recorded.

Last edited:
Just a quickie it seems that there is no sound recorded for "landing gear currently deployed ", is this waiting to be recorded.

my fault installed it wrong ...........just done it right all ok......The wine made me do it wrong .........Thanks again

Hey Warlock :)

It seems to be working on my side, I'll test real quick with the actual download file and upload a fix if I've missed it, one sec. KICS will not ask whether you want it retracted and assumes you meant deployed when you said deployed.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

my fault installed it wrong ...........just done it right all ok......The wine made me do it wrong .........Thanks again

Ahh okay! Yay for wine :)

Hey Loriath,

Sorry about that! Let me know what you think and thanks again for the feedback.

No Problem. Will have to check later since I wacked all my bindings getting the new Joystick configured and need to iron out 1-2 more issues there. Once that is done, I will see if she still gives me the cold shoulder when I do something dumb :)

Great Job
thanks

Editing c:/ to e:/ took a while but it made me appreciate all your hard work just that little bit more ;]

Ok, I fired up VA last night and gave it a thorough test. Here is my thoughts and opinions.

Glad to see Sidewinder Radio got a listing. Might want to look at LAVE Radio as well for the next release.

I like the fact you removed the initialization, but in doing so, some things don't seem to be set such as landing gear states. The reset commands are good. Thanks for that.

I also noticed that you simplified the logic on things that are in an opposite state.
ie: "Gear Down" "The landing gear is already deployed"
In the previous version, you had it ask if I wanted it raised. This no longer appears to be there. Same for other items such as lights, scoop, etc. My preference is to have the logic in there. I understand that it makes it easier, but again, these are just my preferences.

Speed controls: No Matter which VA Profile I have tried, for some reason none of them can recognize when I say Three Quarter. I need to figure out why. I will probably disable all of the speed related commands. Last night I almost toasted myself scooping when I sneezed ;)
Other than that, works as advertised.

Music commands: THIS is worth price of admission alone. Volume controls make it even better. I just need to change the playlists you have setup for some of the stations to match my preferred stations for the Genre's but Kudos for the work you have done here. Even if you broke the music out and just marketed it under a Music player for Elite, it would be a hit.

If you are tracking the current station via logic, maybe you can have the radio come back to the last station if I stop the music and then restart it later in the same session.

Map Controls: You have Open controls, no close command. It takes me out if I repeat the command, as it should since it's a toggle, but one of the Voice confirmations is "Opening the map" or such, which takes me out of the immersion if I am closing it. Might want to do a separate one for closing of the maps.

All the standard controls work quite well, and any issues is either due to my Mic setup/Training/Poor Enunciation.

Your "Superior Officers" voice work is great, and your lucky to have the help, and we are lucky to have her voice work to add to the experience. Please thank her from all of us.

I really am enjoying the immersion this is giving me, and I am slowly disabling the in Game computer voice for features that Kics is giving me feedback for. My only request would be more conversational responses when I say things. I can see Kics telling me that I am not making a profit whenever I swear because I have to put 100 Credits in the Swear Jar . ;)

Note: The Engine Velocity Half.mp3 has an abrupt cut at the end of it.

Thanks for All the work you BOTH have put into this. If things keep progressing like this, then I can see this becoming my Main VA profile. I also use Anubis and switch between them depending on my mood. Anubis's Voice is different and quite cool in it's own right, but it all depends on my mood.

Nice work - voice is good, Irish? ;)

Dutch :)

Great Job
thanks

Editing c:/ to e:/ took a while but it made me appreciate all your hard work just that little bit more ;]

Great, glad to hear it's working!

Ok, I fired up VA last night and gave it a thorough test. Here is my thoughts and opinions.

Glad to see Sidewinder Radio got a listing. Might want to look at LAVE Radio as well for the next release.

I like the fact you removed the initialization, but in doing so, some things don't seem to be set such as landing gear states. The reset commands are good. Thanks for that.

I also noticed that you simplified the logic on things that are in an opposite state.
ie: "Gear Down" "The landing gear is already deployed"
In the previous version, you had it ask if I wanted it raised. This no longer appears to be there. Same for other items such as lights, scoop, etc. My preference is to have the logic in there. I understand that it makes it easier, but again, these are just my preferences.

Speed controls: No Matter which VA Profile I have tried, for some reason none of them can recognize when I say Three Quarter. I need to figure out why. I will probably disable all of the speed related commands. Last night I almost toasted myself scooping when I sneezed ;)
Other than that, works as advertised.

Music commands: THIS is worth price of admission alone. Volume controls make it even better. I just need to change the playlists you have setup for some of the stations to match my preferred stations for the Genre's but Kudos for the work you have done here. Even if you broke the music out and just marketed it under a Music player for Elite, it would be a hit.

If you are tracking the current station via logic, maybe you can have the radio come back to the last station if I stop the music and then restart it later in the same session.

Map Controls: You have Open controls, no close command. It takes me out if I repeat the command, as it should since it's a toggle, but one of the Voice confirmations is "Opening the map" or such, which takes me out of the immersion if I am closing it. Might want to do a separate one for closing of the maps.

All the standard controls work quite well, and any issues is either due to my Mic setup/Training/Poor Enunciation.

Your "Superior Officers" voice work is great, and your lucky to have the help, and we are lucky to have her voice work to add to the experience. Please thank her from all of us.

I really am enjoying the immersion this is giving me, and I am slowly disabling the in Game computer voice for features that Kics is giving me feedback for. My only request would be more conversational responses when I say things. I can see Kics telling me that I am not making a profit whenever I swear because I have to put 100 Credits in the Swear Jar . ;)

Note: The Engine Velocity Half.mp3 has an abrupt cut at the end of it.

Thanks for All the work you BOTH have put into this. If things keep progressing like this, then I can see this becoming my Main VA profile. I also use Anubis and switch between them depending on my mood. Anubis's Voice is different and quite cool in it's own right, but it all depends on my mood.

Hey,

Thanks for all the feedback Loriath!

I really did want to include Lave radio but I can't seem to find a stream URL for it :(

The thought process behind simplifying the logic there is kinda like: "you're piloting a ship, and you should know what you are doing" - I was initially going to have KICS ask if you want the landing gear retracted, when saying "deploy" if it was already deployed, but why would you be saying deploy landing gear, if you really wanted it to be retracted? So KICS now assumes you know what you are doing and just confirms that it is deployed.

The map has close commands, "Close Map" - this uses the backspace key to close the map, perhaps it's bound to something else?

I'll Pass on your thanks!

Version 3 will come sometime... with more personality :)

Already fixed the sound bug there, just re-download KICS 2 and you'll have the fix.

And you're welcome, glad you're liking it. Sorry for the Single line replies... typing this just a few mins before going to work.

Cheerio for now!

Thanks for all the feedback Loriath!

No Problem. Glad to give the feedback.

I really did want to include Lave radio but I can't seem to find a stream URL for it :(
http://laveradio.out.airtime.pro:8000/laveradio_a is on their site.

The thought process behind simplifying the logic there is kinda like: "you're piloting a ship, and you should know what you are doing" - I was initially going to have KICS ask if you want the landing gear retracted, when saying "deploy" if it was already deployed, but why would you be saying deploy landing gear, if you really wanted it to be retracted? So KICS now assumes you know what you are doing and just confirms that it is deployed.

Totally understand. KISS is the way to do it. Was just expressing an opinion. You are the one making the decision, I am just giving feedback. My stupidity should not affect your decisions *grin*

The map has close commands, "Close Map" - this uses the backspace key to close the map, perhaps it's bound to something else?

I'll check it later. A usual, its probably MY fault.

I'll Pass on your thanks!

Version 3 will come sometime... with more personality :)

Already fixed the sound bug there, just re-download KICS 2 and you'll have the fix.

And you're welcome, glad you're liking it. Sorry for the Single line replies... typing this just a few mins before going to work.

Cheerio for now!

Thanks, and will download it again. See you later.

------------------
Update: I bound the keys based on your Keybinding on the Website. The Close Map wasn't listed there. So it was my fault for not double checking the VA Profile :)

Last edited:
If the volume up/down commands isn't enough for anyone, you can add a few extra -vu or -vd in the command. I have two different ones I use for both volume up and volume down. One is four of each and one is two of each.

Just duplicate the commands and add your command for it. Like "turn it up more" = x4, turn it up some = x2.

Hope this makes sense!

And thanks for the mention on YouTube!

Top Bottom