killed in station

Sitting in a station got told i wll be killed on site. Launched got killed. not got any wanted passengers. just sold my goods on the black market.Anyone know why this happened. Tryed to go back to the same station abit after got killed again.

Sold goods on the BM - did that make you hostile to the controlling faction? II.e. have you been doing that a lot?) If you do have a bad reputation they won't let you dock, and could well decide you are not welcome.

Sold goods on the BM - did that make you hostile to the controlling faction? II.e. have you been doing that a lot?) If you do have a bad reputation they won't let you dock, and could well decide you are not welcome.
I have used it alot prob that then. CHEERS

Yeah, if you have a high bounty with a faction any ship or station controlled by that faction will kill you on sight. I have already been shot at while docked because I was scanned while on the pad. So if you go to request docking and it says some stuff in red check to see that it's just a fine so you don't get ganked.

Yeah, if you have a high bounty with a faction any ship or station controlled by that faction will kill you on sight. I have already been shot at while docked because I was scanned while on the pad. So if you go to request docking and it says some stuff in red check to see that it's just a fine so you don't get ganked.
Interesting - I didn't think NPCs would scanned you whilst docked - it would be pretty hilarious if a CMDR scanning you caused the station to take you out :) I had similar happen once when still docked having taken on a nervous passenger - got scanned (presumably by a CMDR) and the passenger immediately failed the mission on 'too many scans' - oh how I laughed :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 38366

D
Any Authority NPCs will cease scanning (or abort an active scan) the very Moment the Ship passes the entry of a Station.

Even at an Outpost, an NPC will cease action as soon as the Player docks on the Pad - the NPC will loiter around and begin triggering scans onto other NPC Ships arriving or departing.

The only Vessels capable of scanning a docked Ship are other Players.
In the distant Past, Player-scans were relayed to security and could indeed ruin a Smuggler's day.
However, I believe the "instant Security Relay" by a Player Cargo Scan are long over (?)
(it used to be a big thing by the usual crowd in the typical places, but AFAIK this isn't possible anymore - just like KWS'ing a Wanted NPC in the presence of Authority NPCs doesn't cause an instant Aggro by the Station/Security anymore as it did in the very distant past).

The Journal might yield the only clue, but Black Market trading - for all I know - does not negatively affect local Reputation at all.

I could only think of an old bug that used to haunt Open Play in busy instances - local Rep of a Station suddenly switching from {Anything} to Hostile, similar to Stations changing owning Factions and other related weird quirks.
Unsure though if that years old bug still occurs - but if so, it would represent the only way to become hostile while docked, since there's no other way - short of scraping another Ship >100m/sec and managing to settle onto the Pad a second before the hit Ship blows up. But even that could be fixed by a relog.

Top Bottom