Killing Wanteds vs Bounty Benefit for Controlling MF

I've been curious about the merits of killing WANTEDS belonging to the controlling MF, especially if I'm supporting the said MF and trying to boost its influence. We're talking clean kills here for bountyhunting, not murder.

When at NAVs and RESs I avoid killing a WANTED from the MF I'm supporting in the belief that the loss of a ship reduces the MF INF. But, as Controlling MF it's likely that the kill will create a bounty which when turned in should provide an upside to the MF's INF.

So which has the bigger swing - the kill or the bounty?

From my experiences, killing Wanted targets only effects your reputation with the faction, and has no impact on the influence of the faction.

Its the handing in of bounties that does the actual legwork for influence, plus improving your reputation.

So for my actions I never worry about killing a Wanted ship as it then does nothing basically.

From my experience it does, but only a little. The +ve from handing in the bounty far out ways the -ve from the kill.

From my experience it does, but only a little. The +ve from handing in the bounty far out ways the -ve from the kill.
How are you getting those results?

I have several systems with Rez sites, and I use them. Hunt in there for a million or so and cash in another system and see no change in the Rez system so long as traffic was only me.

When trying to push a MF through BHing (and assuming it's the controlling one too) it's wise to shoot only the wanted ships of all other MF except that one. Hand in the Bounty vouchers only of the controlling MF. To avoid unwanted transactions for the other MF bring the remaining vouchers to a Broker Network facility near you and cash in there.

Granted you get -25% on the payout but oh well.

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
The best anecdotal evidence I can give for there being a -ve effect for ship loss is that Anarchy minor factions tend to have very low influence in systems that are good for bounty hunting

When trying to push a MF through BHing (and assuming it's the controlling one too) it's wise to shoot only the wanted ships of all other MF except that one. Hand in the Bounty vouchers only of the controlling MF. To avoid unwanted transactions for the other MF bring the remaining vouchers to a Broker Network facility near you and cash in there.

Granted you get -25% on the payout but oh well.

Many thanks for all the other replies. This one encapsulates how I've played it - kill all WANTEDs except those belonging to the controlling MF, etc. But it was always based on an assumption not hard fact. Interesting to see Jane's view but again on a belief, and Starwolfe's on REZ killing effect being nil.

Many thanks for all the other replies. This one encapsulates how I've played it - kill all WANTEDs except those belonging to the controlling MF, etc. But it was always based on an assumption not hard fact. Interesting to see Jane's view but again on a belief, and Starwolfe's on REZ killing effect being nil.

Just remember that the BGS isn't all the same in all regions of the Galaxy of this game. Hence why people sometimes seemingly give contradictory statements on one and the same subject. And FD will not address this directly to avoid opening Pandora's Box.

Top Bottom