King Kong 2005 Dinosaurs

I would like for the dinosaurs from Peter Jackson's King Kong be part of Jurassic World Evolution 2. Now I know a lot of you would probably think they're not dinosaurs but they are, they're just what the dinosaurs would've become had they not gone extinct. The creatures in particular I want to see in the game are:
Vastatasaurus Rex
Asperdorsus
Chalyceratops
Adlapsusaurus
Aciedactylus
Ambulaquasaurus
Archaeopteryx
Arsarticaedes
Atercurisaurus
Avarusaurus
Bifurcatops
Diablosaurus
Ferrucutus cerastes
Brontosaurus
Feather Devil

You can check out the dinosaurs here.

Will never happen for the same reason a updated spinosaurus model will never appear in jwe. If not involved in the franchise in anyway it likely won’t happen. Plus I’m sure frontier has a good idea of almost all dinosaurs that will be in the game. Not to mention since Vastatasaurus Rex was fictional wouldn’t there be some sort of copyright involved with some of these. Apatosaurus is brontosaurus and is currently in the first jwe and most likely the sequel as well.

Last edited:

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
I would like for the dinosaurs from Peter Jackson's King Kong be part of Jurassic World Evolution 2. Now I know a lot of you would probably think they're not dinosaurs but they are, they're just what the dinosaurs would've become had they not gone extinct.
While I think that could be fun on a purely personal level, it's very likely not going to happen since these animals are not a part of the Jurassic World/Jurassic Park franchise.

Yeah, while Universal was the distributor and probably has most rights, I feel you'd still have to get in contact with Wingnut films (Peter Jackson and co.), especially for the offscreen stuff.

I mean it's technically possible for a DLC, but it seems unlikely for it to even be allowed, especially with the Monsterverse being a more recent iteration (there hasn't really been any games with the recent ones for a while, the 2005 one getting attention over them would just be sad at this point really). It would also mean that a giant gorilla terrorized New York in the Jurassic Park timeline, which seems like it'd have a bit of an impact on whether bringing stuff to the mainland is a good idea.

According to the World of Kong book, the island sunk 15 years after the events of the film, so you'd have to find it again and then start collecting from the sea floor. It certainly seems plausible from a logistics point of view (Fallen Kingdom showed that very thing, albeit probably in shallower water), though it prevents anything like a new map.

There is a Skull Island Dinosaur Mod-Pack out there for JWE1.
So just wait and you'll become what you want in JWE2 for sure. Not official but better than nothing ;)

There is a Skull Island Dinosaur Mod-Pack out there for JWE1.
So just wait and you'll become what you want in JWE2 for sure. Not official but better than nothing ;)
Yeah, I'm under the impression modding tools will come about quicker this time around (Dec 2022 at most I would think), so if you're on PC it's just a matter of time for literally anything.

Top Bottom