Ships Kitchen sink mining build?

When I get back from the bubble after my expedition into the black I am hopefully going to have a lot of credits to sink into a new Type-10 mining build. I want to create a large kitchen sink mining ship that will let me do classic as well as the core-hunting style mining. Now that the new tools are on coriolis we can do some fun theory crafting for the new mining!

This is the build I put together based on my current access to engineers (I lack access to PP modules presently):

https://coriolis.io/outfit/type_10_...BhA2AWNhQKYEMDmAbJIQEYIEhTFA===&bn=T-10 Miner

A few random thoughts:

• PVE/Solo player but I want to defend against pesky NPC pirates
  • Turreted MC's with smart rounds seem like an ideal defensive weapon?
  • Left out sub-surface displacement missiles as they seem to be duds presently?
  • I'm not interested in mining in a more nimble Python/Krait/Asp; want a behemoth miner
  • Cost should be <500 Mcr

Any thoughts on how this kitchen sink mining build can be improved?

Thanks!

Displacement spuds do work, you just have to aim a little to left or right depending on where your hard point is, I’m using a t10 miner as well not fully engineered yet. When I get chance I’ll whack up my build

Mines something like this but it's not the easiest ship placing seismic charges or SDM as a fair degree of agility makes landing them easier (and a T10 will never be agile)

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/typ...oBhA2AWECMBWaICmBDA5gGzSRCIkKUoA&bn=T10 miner

TBH I'm probably going to reconfigure it as a conventional miner as I've been using a smaller dedicated ship for DC mining, I've tried a Krait mk2 and it works well as it has good range and decent cargo capacity but my favourite so far is a Challenger.

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/kra...UDYAsICmBDA5gG2SEBGCQkKEoA=&bn=Krait DC miner

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/all...2EDM8CmBDA5gG2SGF8hRFA&bn=Challenger DC miner

I'd be interested to hear how a T10 fairs with the new mining style. I'm not convinced it would be the ship for core mining.
If your heart is set on it, you might consider using turrets with your miner weapons, as the guys above are correct, getting a T10 in between a fractured asteroid and moving around them to dislodge the loot will be tedious.

One thing I didn't see on your build, the Detailed Surface Scanner, it's a must have.
Without it, you won't see the "hotspots" while approaching a ring. You need only find them once, and they seem to stay when you return, but if you don't have it equipped you will lose that data.

I agree with Armholeieo, the displacement missiles works as intended. Ideal for strip mining, as they will produce 3-10+ extra tons of the material your stripping the roid for.

The core mining requires patience and traveling through the field. I spend about an hour per visit, and if I find 5 rocks to pop in 300km, it's a good trip.
I suggest that you at least try a more nimble smaller ship first, to get a feel for the new mining methods, then build the T10 with some experience under your belt.
If you have your mind in a place where you think mining should look like, you might get discouraged and not enjoy it.

Here's my "kitchen sink" miner. But I'd like to hear about the T10 experience.
https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_...jAbCeoCmBDA5gGxSEthCZjgg==&bn=de re Metallica
This isn't the go out into the black exploring miner you might want. I use it in Delkar in open, and can evade PvE and PvP without problems with it. And at $60M, it can pay for itself in 1 or 2 trips to a ring.

Here's my "kitchen sink" miner. But I'd like to hear about the T10 experience.
https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_...jAbCeoCmBDA5gGxSEthCZjgg==&bn=de re Metallica
This isn't the go out into the black exploring miner you might want. I use it in Delkar in open, and can evade PvE and PvP without problems with it. And at $60M, it can pay for itself in 1 or 2 trips to a ring.

Wow, a shieldless FDS! I love the FDS btw, but are you not concerned about damage from the exploding asteroids? That would be a fun ship to mine in however.

That's what the repair limpets are for.. I probably use 4 or 5 per trip to repair.. I always come home with 95%+ armor and 99%mods.
And with the ability to run silent during encounters with chaffs, nothing can touch me.. (except that guy who followed me into the station and rammed me.. lol).
It's a fun miner ship to be sure!!!

-edit-
Oh, and to be clear, when you detonate an asteroid, it's best to be out of the blast zone!!!
It's the bumping in between the 3 remaining chunks and limpets racing around, that produces the damage to your ship.

Last edited:
Old thread but I bought a T10 for deep core mining and I like it. The 5A Collection limpet controller is sufficient that I don't have to move during collection. And with the surface deposits, usually during the collection process, I can pop them as the asteroid is turning . My abrasion blasters are perfectly placed and after mining with the Clipper, dealing with seismic charges with the T10 is not hard. Even though I can scout and locate void opals quicker with the Clipper, I prefer the T10 due to being able to just collect such a large amount of Void Opal for huge pay days. Less trips back and forth between hot spots and sell points means fewer irritations from NPC pirates and time wasted jumping. For deep core mining, I give the T10 two thumbs up. I can't access correalis, so here is my loadout for anyone interested.

Optional Internals
8E cargo rack
7A Shield Generator G5 reinforced
6D Fighter Hangar
5A Collector Limpet Controller
4H Guardian FSD Booster
4A Fuel Scoop
3A refinery
3A Prospector Limpet
1C Detailed Surface Scanner
5D HRP G5 Heavy Duty (considering swapping this out for shield cell bank)
5D MRP

Utlitiy Mounts
Pulse wave analyzer
Heat Sink
Shield Booster
Shield Booster
Shield Booster
Shield Booster
Point Def
Point Def

HardPoints
3F Multi Cannon [T]