Known Issues with the 3.3.02 BGS (orig. AEDC Discord)

Hey everybody (and any FD staff checking in),

We were chatting in our Discord earlier today, and this resulted in a list of bugs with the current BGS as far as we know. This seemed wise to share with all of the BGS community, and may be an easy list for FD to work from, should they come across this thread.

Edit (sunday): there is now a bit of duplication in the bugs, and some bugs are in there in slightly different wording, or highlighting a different aspect. For instance, it's pretty clear that all "negative" actions are positive at this point in time.

Known Issues with the 3.3.02 BGS

• Explo data not working for inf (inconsistent results)
  • Trade not working for inf (inconsistent results)
  • Mining not working for inf (inconsistent results)
  • Assassination/Murder/Pirate missions give inf to the victim
  • Wars/Elections with factions on different inf
  • Factions gaining inf during elections
  • Inexplicable influence drops for ruling factions
  • Smuggling gives benefit to non-anarchist station owner
  • Wars being lost while working hard for the losing faction (without opposition)
  • Possibly all negative influence effects not working, or all missions targeting factions give positive influence, economic, security or conflict benefits to the target faction, leading to no Famines or Bust throughout the galaxy, and minimal Outbreak
  • Installations messing up scenario factions and rewards horribly
  • Assassination targets still fail to have Mission Target tag sometimes
  • Massacre missions can target own faction
  • CZ NPCs fail to spawn
  • Salvage/assassinations sometimes don't have any signal to find with FSS - this is for the meet contact in other system wrinkle, have to scan nav bacon for the thingy to trigger. The target appears in system, even jumps into other USS where you are, but its not tagged as target
  • Murder broken/doesn't affect influence or conflict states
  • Some conflicts seemingly broken and all actions benefit wrong side
  • Inf does weird stuff while there are multiple conflicts in one system
  • Wartime massacre missions targeting the source faction
  • salvage missions gives "red" extra rep and increased inf to the faction the cargo was salvaged from
  • Installation scenarios give the same faction on both sides, while not being the owner of the installation

If you have more, post them below, and I'll add them to the list

• Some factions lose influence instead of gaining it.
  • During a war, a faction offer massacre against its own npcs
  • During conflict, factions can gain/lose 2 positions (i.e. from Draw to Victory) in a single BGS tick. When this happens the faction status summary counts each jump as a day, so you go from 1 day of domination to 3 days of domination
  • negative trading is interpreted as positive actions for station owner now
  • Some systems seems also to be stucked at particular influence threshold, fluctuating by 3-4% despite all kind of positive and negative actions done (i.e. 10 Kappa Pegasi). This in particular seems to be partially related to bigger population systems (Kammato suffers this issue occasionally)
  • In CZ the defeat of a capital ship cause the victory bars to disappear, resulting in neverending battle
  • we did a test on untra-quiet systems [ones that have not changed influence in the last 10+ days] we did 10 points in missions of various types (but not shopping missions) so black box, surface scans, data delivery, assassination etc. In each system the factions the mission were done for FELL in influence
  • in War fighting for our side had either no, or a negative effect for the faction. We completed around 40 scenarios and made around 40 combat bond drops on day 1 of the war and lost it, despite moving our security slider a long way and the oppositions not moving at all. We won the war using bounties and left the CZ completely alone
  • biowaste mission delivery from agriculture are extremely rare/ non existent
  • CZ : killing SLF has same impat than killing a player
  • The PlayerJournal does not contain the correct value for Influence in the MissionComplete Event. It shows '+++++' every time
  • 10,000 commanders dropping data and mined goods for a CG 5kLY out is tanking the controlling faction
  • no activities seems to lower the economy slider
  • War won with Total Victory. Inf gained for winning totaled a 1% gap
  • two more non-functional wars now - plenty of points in, our slider moving and a draw declared
  • wrong mission types spawning
  • Influence in my home system is all over the place, the factions have been gaining/losing influence at such a pace that it has been a perpetual cycle of (civil) wars. Despite all this the controlling faction has been in Investment and Civil Liberty for ages
  • Biowaste Missions don't seem to be causing Outbreaks

Last edited:

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
At CI we can confirm these bugs (inconsistently)

Its as though RNG has been applied the the BGS - and I have to say its a bit annoying when the best thing you can do for you faction is nothing unless a conflict triggers.

Last edited:
Worked with AoS, AEDC, Aid, RI and many other groups: I confirm these bugs.
If we could have some statuses about these issues, from Frontier, that would be wonderful.

BGS is in pain for a while now, and the players too.

Last edited:
To get an idea what this is doing with states around the galaxy, I do have one bit of good news...

hrLKyBs.png

Hunger has been eliminated, the economy is doing great, and people are largely safe and secure.... :D

• During conflict, factions can gain/lose 2 positions (i.e. from Draw to Victory) in a single BGS tick. When this happens the faction status summary counts each jump as a day, so you go from 1 day of domination to 3 days of domination.

One or the other is a bug, it's not clear which.

Very good summary. I suppose every each bugs have a bug report no ? Otherwise FD will not see it. Tbh even with bug report, not sure they will act.

I can confirm that smuggling and negative trading is interpreted as positive actions for station owner now:

8 factions in a system, a war is triggered, the loosing faction does not leave the system leaving the faction count as 8 instead of the normal 7.

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
Knowing how apparently random mission effects are, we did a test on untra-quiet systems [ones that have not changed influence in the last 10+ days] we did 10 points in missions of various types (but not shopping missions) so black box, surface scans, data delivery, assassination etc. In each system the factions the mission were done for FELL in influence, so naturally we will be leaving them alone for now.

Hey everybody (and any FD staff checking in),

We were chatting in our Discord earlier today, and this resulted in a list of bugs with the current BGS as far as we know. This seemed wise to share with all of the BGS community, and may be an easy list for FD to work from, should they come across this thread.

Known Issues with the 3.3.02 BGS

• Explo data not working for inf (inconsistent results)
  • Trade not working for inf (inconsistent results)
  • Mining not working for inf (inconsistent results)
  • Assassination/Murder/Pirate missions give inf to the victim
  • Wars/Elections with factions on different inf
  • Factions gaining inf during elections
  • Inexplicable influence drops for ruling factions
  • Smuggling gives benefit to non-anarchist station owner
  • Wars being lost while working hard for the losing faction (without opposition)
  • Possibly all negative influence effects not working, or all missions targeting factions give positive influence, economic, security or conflict benefits to the target faction, leading to no Famines or Bust throughout the galaxy, and minimal Outbreak
  • Installations messing up scenario factions and rewards horribly
  • Assassination targets still fail to have Mission Target tag sometimes
  • Massacre missions can target own faction
  • CZ NPCs fail to spawn
  • Salvage/assassinations sometimes don't have any signal to find with FSS - this is for the meet contact in other system wrinkle, have to scan nav bacon for the thingy to trigger. The target appears in system, even jumps into other USS where you are, but its not tagged as target
  • Murder broken/doesn't affect influence or conflict states
  • Some conflicts seemingly broken and all actions benefit wrong side
  • Inf does weird stuff while there are multiple conflicts in one system
  • Wartime massacre missions targeting the source faction

If you have more, post them below, and I'll add them to the list

Davinci Corp can confirm all of these, inconsistently across all of our systems.

some more bugs:

- Some systems seems also to be stucked at particular influence threshold, fluctuating by 3-4% despite all kind of positive and negative actions done (i.e. 10 Kappa Pegasi). This in particular seems to be partially related to bigger population systems (Kammato suffers this issue occasionally)
- In CZ the defeat of a capital ship cause the victory bars to disappear, resulting in neverending battle.

Knowing how apparently random mission effects are, we did a test on untra-quiet systems [ones that have not changed influence in the last 10+ days] we did 10 points in missions of various types (but not shopping missions) so black box, surface scans, data delivery, assassination etc. In each system the factions the mission were done for FELL in influence, so naturally we will be leaving them alone for now.

we done the same in our ultra quiet systems and the results were the same. The missions are definetely bugged. Data and bh delivery seems to lead to inconsistence results instead.

Last edited:

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
We have a missing one. in War fighting for our side had either no, or a negative effect for the faction. We completed around 40 scenarios and made around 40 combat bond drops on day 1 of the war and lost it, despite moving our security slider a long way anf the oppositions not moving at all. We won the war using bounties and left the CZ completely alone.

That has happend in 2 out of c 200 conflicts so far

Last edited:
Verne Partners LLP is experiencing many of the above-listed issues also.

For us it feels as if the usual levers that enabled us to affect influence have become disconnected. Our systems seem to be affected more by random jitter than by our own actions.

The group I represent has also noticed the same issues :( while I'm sure fdev are hard at work tying to fix this the lack of communication is seriously hurting this game and causing dedicated bgs members to drift away :(

currently just bought ac7 myself lol o7

Dalat system.

Now with 3 player groups!

We just completed an expansion but it should not be to there and were inserted at 25.7% influence!!!!!!

Now in an INSTANT war for control.

Received an explanation, working as intended.

Last edited:
Top Bottom