Known Issues with the 3.3.02 BGS (orig. AEDC Discord)

Not going to happen.
What will happen when they fix the bugs, is that people will realise just how rubbish this new bgs is. At its core it is less interesting to run, and each action more boring.

As I said before,
fixing such a mess is in my opinion beyond their capacities, or their will.

And the last "hotfix patch" which made the things even worse, confirms it.

So when are we going to get an Fdev response to all of this? ... It has been nearly a month and it seems there is no real communication on this matter. For me personally it has all but stopped me from playing. I have plenty of creds/ships/eng and my main focus has been to play the BGS and grow our factions influence in the surrounding area ... which at the current state of things is all but impossible.

FDev doe snot want us playing the BGS. They want us in their glacially slow moving - and hence utterly boring - irrelevant, story arc.

Another one :
- no activities seems to lower the economy slider.

I've seen the economy slider reduce in some systems over the last few days, but I don't yet know what activities are causing it. Or perhaps it's an emptying-bucket-over-time type effect that's just starting to kick in.

I believe thats how it was intended to work. The sec and eco (SECO) states are supposed to revert to the mean if no action is taken...... i think.

8 factions in a system, a war is triggered, the loosing faction does not leave the system leaving the faction count as 8 instead of the normal 7.

I have heard of an agressive expansion like that in Colonia but not sure if the losing faction has to retreat.

But there is systems with 8+ in the bubble with no problems

Last edited:
I have heard of an agressive expansion like that in Colonia but not sure if the losing faction has to retreat.
The losing faction *should* retreat, but for the ones completed so far in 3.3 this has been broken. There's another one just started so we'll see in a week if that's fixed yet.

But there is systems with 8+ in the bubble with no problems
This can occur for several reasons.
1) If the invasion conflict ends in a draw, both stay.
2) When they were dealing with the PMF request backlog, they allowed addition of new PMFs to systems which already had 7 factions (I haven't checked if this is still allowed).
3) Expansion used to work differently and some bubble systems still have 8+ factions left over from that time.
4) Non-influence factions (e.g. engineers, pilots federation) don't count towards the soft limit of 7 anyway.

Influence in my home system is all over the place, the factions have been gaining/losing influence at such a pace that it has been a perpetual cycle of (civil) wars. Despite all this the controlling faction has been in Investment and Civil Liberty for ages.

Unrelated question: A completely new faction has popped up today in the same system. Inara doesn't list it as a player faction, but it shares the same name as a month-old squadron. Does this happen more often?

Unrelated question: A completely new faction has popped up today in the same system. Inara doesn't list it as a player faction, but it shares the same name as a month-old squadron. Does this happen more often?
There's no automatic way to tell if a faction is a player faction, so Inara won't list it as such until it's manually updated.

That said, 99% of new factions nowadays will be player factions, so it's a pretty safe guess if one appears like that.

There's no automatic way to tell if a faction is a player faction, so Inara won't list it as such until it's manually updated.

That said, 99% of new factions nowadays will be player factions, so it's a pretty safe guess if one appears like that.
Alright, I guess I should start doing missions for them until FD patch stuff. ;)

so i guess my decision to care about bgs right now was a mistake, and shouldn't hope for anything to be fixed anytime soon

Last edited:
Top Bottom