Known Issues with the 3.3.02 BGS (orig. AEDC Discord)

I'd like to report something that I've nicknamed "Retreat Spikes."

I've been keeping close eye on 2 systems, trying to clear out a faction out of either of them in order to hopefully establish my own player run faction.

But there's an issue.

In 2 entirely separate systems, with 2 entirely separate factions, each time that the factions we're trying to kick out enter the Retreat state, something funny happens.

Literally like clockwork, this is how it goes.

Day 1: Faction falls below 2.5% influence, gets pending retreat.
Day 2: Faction gets active retreat status, is likely still in the 2.5% area, if not slightly higher.
Day 3: After the first day of active retreat, influence SPIKES, going from single to double digits in a day, and usually enters the faction into a conflict with one of the other factions in the system. This conflict locks influence for long enough that the retreat never goes through, even if we were to push very hard back against that faction in the one day their up and coming conflict was "pending".

I've witnessed this happen in 2 stars, with 2 separate factions, both before and after the 3.3.03 patch.

Last edited:
Elections are bugged. Lost first two days. Won next two days. A tie. Next day expecting to be up 1-0, but, instead, DOWN 2-0. How do they win two days worth of elections in one day?

Elections are bugged. Lost first two days. Won next two days. A tie. Next day expecting to be up 1-0, but, instead, DOWN 2-0. How do they win two days worth of elections in one day?

This happened to us too.

We have been granted two days in 1 day, and then later we lost 2 days in 1 day.

BUGS

This happened to us too.

We have been granted two days in 1 day, and then later we lost 2 days in 1 day.

BUGS

So frustrating.
They really need to fix this. I rallied my squadron to do all these missions, and then this crap happens....
This makes me want to just give up on this game. It's completely and utterly dejecting. So much effort and not rewarded for it. Are the devs even listening? Are they even aware of this?

So frustrating.
They really need to fix this. I rallied my squadron to do all these missions, and then this crap happens....
This makes me want to just give up on this game. It's completely and utterly dejecting. So much effort and not rewarded for it. Are the devs even listening? Are they even aware of this?

To win the elections it is enough to do around 6-10 missions a day for your faction, ONLY POLL DATA missions (transport and/or planetary. NOT other missions!!)

Don't touch other mission and don't do more missions than this. You'll easily win with no efforts.

Doing what you are doing will bring you huge problems and possibly lose days or the election.

To win the elections it is enough to do around 6-10 missions a day for your faction, ONLY POLL DATA missions (transport and/or planetary. NOT other missions!!)

Don't touch other mission and don't do more missions than this. You'll easily win with no efforts.

Doing what you are doing will bring you huge problems and possibly lose days or the election.

Yeah, that's literally all we did. Just "courier for sensitive poll data" missions. We didn't do ANY other missions. Most of my squad mates did 5-10 of these missions. I've been doing 20-50.

Yeah, that's literally all we did. Just "courier for sensitive poll data" missions. We didn't do ANY other missions. Most of my squad mates did 5-10 of these missions. I've been doing 20-50.

Do less for day. Max 10 in total. We did as you, a LOT of them, and it gave worst results.

Last edited:
Do less for day. Max 10 in total. We did as you, a LOT of them, and it gave worst results.

I will try that today, but, it should be noted:

Day 1: We did 20-50 missions and lost
Day 2: We did 20-50 missions and lost
Day 3: We did 100+ missions and won
Day 4: We did 100+ missions and won
Day 5: We did 50-100 missions and lost
Day 6: I have done 12 missions and advised everyone else to do 0

I will try that today, but, it should be noted:

Day 6: I have done 12 missions and advised everyone else to do 0

Yes, we spoke about that in another thread, this is happening to other people too. If you go beyond a certain number of missions, the results become incoherent and unpredictable.

Yes, we spoke about that in another thread, this is happening to other people too. If you go beyond a certain number of missions, the results become incoherent and unpredictable.

Lovely. Well, thanks for the replies. I hope they get this sorted out so it's a lot more clear.

So, update:

Day 6: I did 12 missions alone and we lost
Day 7: I am going to just do 6 missions today to see what happens

Buggggggggggy

Last edited:
So, update:

Day 6: I did 12 missions alone and we lost
Day 7: I am going to just do 6 missions today to see what happens

Buggggggggggy

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
This week - in an election in which we are opposed.....

day 1. 10 points won
day 2 40 points lost
day 3 80 points lost
day 4 no points won
day 5 no points won.

Its day 6 so we will do nothing.

Top Bottom