KRAIT MK 1!!!

Not only should the Krait Mk 1 be in the game, it should be in a completely different art style. The krait is supposed to be old, obsolete. therefore, cheap and ugly. And I personally also think it should look different than all the other ships in the game. Not going to lie, my main reasoning is that I really don't like the high-sci fi redesigns of most ships, but also because it would make such a good contrast to them. I think having at least one older looking ship in game would really show off the lineage of these designs. some of them being hundreds of years old by now. Give it bell nozzle main engines, or exposed vernier, or a bubble canopy. Take elements from modern space craft and fighters. Please don't make it look like the Mk. II. honestly, the Mk.II looks so different from what I imagined a krait would look, it literally made me stop playing the game for over a year.

We want Mk. I!!!!

Attachments

• KraitSG.png
    KraitSG.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 652
There are lots of the old ships people want to see added, my personal favourite would be the Cobra MkI :)

A popular request that has come up several times before is for them to function as an existing ship (Adder say, or an Eagle) but look different. If hardpoint & cargo bay placements were retained from the donor it should be fairly straightforward to add the assets, and with no advantage over the existing donor ship they could be sold in the shop without concerns over pay to win.

YES!! YES YES
There are lots of the old ships people want to see added, my personal favourite would be the Cobra MkI :)

A popular request that has come up several times before is for them to function as an existing ship (Adder say, or an Eagle) but look different. If hardpoint & cargo bay placements were retained from the donor it should be fairly straightforward to add the assets, and with no advantage over the existing donor ship they could be sold in the shop without concerns over pay to win.

Not only should the Krait Mk 1 be in the game, it should be in a completely different art style. The krait is supposed to be old, obsolete. therefore, cheap and ugly. And I personally also think it should look different than all the other ships in the game. Not going to lie, my main reasoning is that I really don't like the high-sci fi redesigns of most ships, but also because it would make such a good contrast to them. I think having at least one older looking ship in game would really show off the lineage of these designs. some of them being hundreds of years old by now. Give it bell nozzle main engines, or exposed vernier, or a bubble canopy. Take elements from modern space craft and fighters. Please don't make it look like the Mk. II. honestly, the Mk.II looks so different from what I imagined a krait would look, it literally made me stop playing the game for over a year.

We want Mk. I!!!!

I fell in love with the KraitM2 at first sight, but I agree it would be cool to see some outdated or classic ship designs. Plus I'd be ok with these ships being close copies of existing ships with minor tweaks on optional internals, just to keep them different enough.

This ship, in original state, would have one issue: it would be a downgrade from the sidewinder. And that's even before noting that small ships in general need some help in the current state of the game.

Mind you, it would be nice to have the old Krait, but outside of being a curiosity, it would be dead on arrival. That's one thing i so much appreciate about the MK II. It carries the old style and vibe, but actually is a viable and useful ship. Well invested design and development time. A mere oddity ship, below even stepping stone status, is not, no mattter how nostalgic it would be.

Not only should the Krait Mk 1 be in the game, it should be in a completely different art style. The krait is supposed to be old, obsolete. therefore, cheap and ugly.

Yep, like a 57 Mustang....oh wait no....a Chevy Imapa....oops.....A Jaguar E Ty....., nope all just bad examples I guess.

Anyway, if an old ship survives after newer and much better ships come out then it is because it is something special, just like old cars, not because it is old, obsolete and ugly. It needs to be the best looking ship in the game I think.

A nice easter egg would be to see the odd Cobra MKII flying around, with "dead man flying", and "A flying coffin" type NPC comments.

Z...

Yep, like a 57 Mustang....oh wait no....a Chevy Imapa....oops.....A Jaguar E Ty....., nope all just bad examples I guess.

Anyway, if an old ship survives after newer and much better ships come out then it is because it is something special, just like old cars, not because it is old, obsolete and ugly. It needs to be the best looking ship in the game I think.
like the python

dxm55

Banned
Yeah Bring back the old ships in all their 8 bit glory.

Exactly. Not a smart idea. It would look dumb in the game.
The ships were redesigned here in more detail. Visuals move with the times and technology.
The Eagle you see in the game is the Eagle in the original Elite, FE2 and FFE.

If you want the original Krait Lightspeeder... or MK1, fine.
But it would also be reimagined, and pack full of surface details. Not the 8-bit polygon block of crap you see in the older games.

No 1957 Mustang I'm afraid, but there is a rather nice 67 one (slip of the keyboard ?)
Though perhaps better examples would have been... Austin Allegro, Morris Marina, or perhaps a 76 Ford Mustang II, or a 1990 Buick Electra?

Top Bottom