Krait MK2... I thought it would be better...

Greetings Commanders!

I just bought a Krait MK2 after hours playing space taxi for rich tourists to afford it and... it feels like it's not made for combat purpose.

Before buying the K.MK2, I was playing with a Cobra MK3 and it felt very manoeuvrable, I could follow the ennemies while reducing speed, speeding up.
But K.MK2 is so slow to turn arround, I can't follow ennemie ships. Most of the time, they can get behind me and then, I have to flee, turn arround and the come back for the fight.
With the Cobra, I only had the slow down a bit, let the ship pass and get behind him.

How can I get my Krait to be more manoeuvrable in battle?? (I'm Novice rank... I can only kill my rank or the ones below)
I assumed with a ship worth 45billions (without extra modules), I would be able to deal with ship at least one rank above mine.

And in top of that, I have super limited jump limit. 7LY... I had almost 13LY with my Cobra.
In that matter, I also thought I would be able to make farther jumps. Or at the very least, the same jump limit.
Because of the limit, I can't even reach engeneers. (I guess, I'll have to switch ships and the transfer my Krait if that's possible)

How do I get my speed limit to a decent number? II guess Farseer is the only to help me but I need material I dont have.

The for any advice or help.

In the meantime...

... With the Krait MK2... Elite Dangerous rules!

Commander Edarn, signing off.

Hello. I've only just looked at this thread, properly.

As my fellow CMDR's all collectively 🤦‍♂️ or 🤦‍♀️at fishy jumping in...

I'd suggest the following changes to your current posted build. It is here. You may need to earn a few more creds to achieve it, but it should perform the armed miner role reasonably. There's no engineering applied. Any other sage advice I could dispense has already been covered by others.

Ship building skills take time to refine, enjoy the learning process of it. Everyone has their own way, what is good, what is not etc.

As a general rule "E" modules are bad. "D" for a good performance versus mass ratio. "A" best performance. "B" highest integrity, but also mass.

Some modules can be undersized to make a power usage, cost and or mass saving.

Good luck CMDR, and welcome to the forum. It's generally a helpful community, don't feel ashamed to ask for advice or guidance. We all had to start somewhere.

Aww, it was nice! All about the hard earned money in the game. I built my hangar mostly before VO's, and I exactly know what do you mean. I was keep most of my early ships, only two of them I sold to buy new ones and to be honest I'm proud of it. Never used lately nerfed methods for quick money and in my opinion Elite should mean this to everyone. All ships are sweeter in this way, when you know how much you worked for them. But we have few days Elites in their shiny Anacondas and then most of them leave without they'd know what this game mean. But I'm nobody to say this is wrong or not.

Sorry, I missed this post.

Yes, I know it’s probably old fashioned ‘dad’ talk, “In my day...” but the achievement value is highly underrated in the multiple videos on how to....in 20mins.

Like you, I’ve got my stack of cash by not VO mining (I’ve done a bit, to experience it). I’ve never really partaken in other ‘gold rushes’. Just like you I’m not saying it is the right or wrong way but I remain happy I did it the way I did.

So I came back to this game to grind out faction for my Cutter, just accomplished this task last week. I put about 700 Million into it, engineered some stuff etc... just could not like it enough to keep it. The drift was insane and felt like a big space bus, not for me.

Now, I was a Corvette guy for everything. Loved it! Somehow I missed trying the Krait Mk2 the first time around. I use a Krait Phantom for mining, get 60 to 90 million a run core mining. I recently bought the Krait Mk2 for combat, fully engineered it (for the most part) and I must say, this is by far my favorite ship. It is absolutely amazing! Dirty Drives really help the maneuverability, however, to fly this ship really well, you have to take advantage of the constant boosting you can do. You basically learn to boost turn with a combo of FA off. So as a ship approaches, you boost, turn, FA off, boost again to get right up on the ship or at least fire before they turn. It takes practice but it is excellent. The ability to constantly boost your engines with only two pips into “engine” is crazy good.

Anyway, I just wanted to give my two cents since I recently discovered this. If you have never tried it, I highly recommend it. Plus it looks really cool as well.

OP, the KM2 (and Phantom) are both great ships with a very generous power plant and even more generous power distro when built appropriately. Reading your post, it seems to me you are using low class, un-engineered modules. My advice, like some of the other guys above, is A rate (A Class) all essential modules (life support and sensors could be class D for the weight buff, good for a little extra speed and jump range) and then engineer everything. I promise you, your Krait will feel like a completely different ship from what you currently have there. The question is; 'Have you unlocked or have access to engineers?' If not, get ready for another grind mechanic. But once it's done, it's done. I'm assuming you have the Horizons update? I'm not teaching you to suck eggs, but you need this for access to engineers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom