Ships Krait Phantom build what can I do better?

I want more jumprange but not at the cost of to less boost or not able to have weapons want to defend myself.
I know of the Guardian FSD booster but after trying it several times I get it not done to get the blueprint.

Krait Phantom Build

Last edited:
Not much you can do short of the GFSDB. What trouble did you run in to?

The only thing I can see from your build to increase jump is to shed weight. E class boosters, no weapons, that sort of thing. But a few tons saved will translate to a few tenths of a light year. GFSDB is your best bet here. You could also specialize your build. A SRV and a passenger cabin point to multi-role single configuration. Drop either of those and you'll gain a bit. But it won't be much.

What tripped you up on the Guardian unlock?

G5 OC powerplant is a poor choice.
That is the most glaring thing I'd change and doing so will slow you down and cost you jump range.

The thrusters are also a class too low in my opinion. Phantom needs to run, man.

And Bob's right. You have way too much power for that build.

You should also change the PD engineering to charge enhanced/super conduits.
Turrets are not ideal either.

The only significant thing you can to do increase range aside from losing mass, is the GFSD booster

Guardian tech is all you need.... my explorer phantom runs like a dream, and no need to compromise energy or other things, 54 Ly unladden.

Generally you want the kinetics in the larger hardpoints.
Also clean thrusters are mostly pointless.
Well clean drives work marvelous to keep temp down, that is why i use them... is a explorer ship, not a race boat. I like to have good manouverability an keep my temps down always, even when scooping in binary systems (I can even scoop and charge fsd at the same time). And the pulse in the large pad is just a preference of me, is my fav weapon, so i use them primary.... but thanks for the expert quote...

Well clean drives work marvelous to keep temp down, that is why i use them... is a explorer ship, not a race boat. I like to have good manouverability an keep my temps down always, even when scooping in binary systems (I can even scoop and charge fsd at the same time). And the pulse in the large pad is just a preference of me, is my fav weapon, so i use them primary.... but thanks for the expert quote...

No, they don't.
Your powerplant has more to do with that, and yours has a terrible .50 efficiency.

In any situation that does not involve spending long periods of time in silent running dirty drives are the superior choice.

In conclusion, clean drive tuning is not a "useless" mod as I originally asserted as it has a niche use in silent running. However, clean drive tuning does have a misleading name in so far that clean drives do not provide any advantage over dirty drives outside of silent running.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/clean-drive-tuning-is-pointless.354115/page-4

They also suck more power, meaning you're more likely to need a hotter powerplant.

The reason you want the kinetics in the larger slots is the smaller ones don't do full damage against hull, whereas smaller lasers have no such issues vs shields.

Just off the top o' me 'ead here's some tweaks.

Power plant: 5A with Grade 1 OC, Thermal Spread.
Thrusters: G5 Dirty Thrusters/Drag Drives
Multicannons: Lightweight Grade 5/Autoloader or OC 5/Autoloader. OC 1 is kinda silly because your mass doesn't change.
Medium Hardpoint: Grade 5 Lightweight Mine launcher with shift lock cannister.
Replace one shield booster with Grade 5 Lightweight Chaff
Shield: Grade 5 Enhanced low power/High Cap
Boosters: Thermal/Supercap
SRV Hangar: go with a class 2 unless you're really REALLY worried about losing one.
Wake Scanner: Lightweight it.

That gives me a bit over a 44ly jump. If you want explanations for my choices, I can certainly offer those.

Last edited:
today I have give it again a chance and I was lucky and have now the GFSD blueprint still need to search for focus crystals
Much answers that will help me thank you

All my modules that I have used I had in the racks of my hangar laying around, will grind engineers stuf, I do that with pasgangers trips, when exploring I will exchange it for the GFSD booster

Best of luck on that. I might also suggest picking up a second or third module blueprint just in case one of the other Guardian modules might pique your interest. My FAS has plenty of hull, so I'm trying out a shield reinforcement module to see how it pans out.

Top Bottom