Ships Krait Krait Phantom Hybrid Combat Build Guide

I've just got back into the game and utterly love the Phantom. It looks krait with the salvage paintjobs. I'm wondering if I can get it to jump further than an ultra-engineered Asp.

any builds for thargoid hunting with this thing?
This is my thargoid soloing refit.

Edit: Oops, that's early version. I dropped the Xeno scanner and the corrosive resist cargo entirely. Don't need to farm more hearts and the glow of an exposed heart is easy to pick out at a distance.

Last edited:
This is my thargoid soloing refit.

Edit: Oops, that's early version. I dropped the Xeno scanner and the corrosive resist cargo entirely. Don't need to farm more hearts and the glow of an exposed heart is easy to pick out at a distance.

How are you playing this? just standing way off from the swarms and firing at the main ship? Also so the last optional module and the xeno was dropped and that's it? Anyways just a gist of how you play this ship with this build would be interesting to hear. Thanks

How are you playing this?

I've only soloed Cyclop's and Basilisk variants. I stay about 1 KM out and alternate fire of 2 linked Gauss cannons to expose the heart. Once exposed it glows brightly and is easy to target visually since you can't sub target fire without the xeno scanner. As soon as the heart is dead boost off and away and kite the interceptor for about 60 second. The shields will have dropped by them or may need a shot or two to break. Rinse and repeat. I completely ignore the swarm entirely during the encounter. Both swarms aren't large enough to be a serous threat with the HP pool I'm running unless I get caught flat footed. When the Goid glows Yellow it's ready to shoot lightning. Stay on the plus side of 1km and your safe. When you hear the shutdown attack warning, FA off and boost in a direction away form the goid. Your momentum and speed with carry you safely away even though you are dead stick. When your power is up, turn back and take the last few hearts out. A basilisk can rage after awhile so if you approaching the 5-6 minuter mark of the fitght with more that 2 hearts left you'll need to stop kitting and active pummel shields. Alternatively, alternate kiting and shield pummeling between hearts to balance time to kill plus time for shields to recharge.

Here is the Thargoid refit,

My normal fit in open

Last edited:
Top Bottom