Lacking Descriptions for Items and Icons

I was able to finally play the game a little this weekend for the first time, and one thing near the top of my list of "little improvements that would go a long way", would be implementing item descriptions for place-able items and research icons. I find it odd that when you hover over or click on items (such as staff facility buildings, utilities, research icons) that there is no item description. Sure, I can place a staff facility to see the type and number of staff the building allows, and then use the undo button, but this seems unnecessarily burdensome. Instead, I would like to see a general description telling me the purpose of the building as well as occupancy restrictions. As for the utilities - a little info on what all requires a transformer and what requires water treatment would be helpful. I learned the hard way on the transformer (and now all my guests complain about the dang thing instead of enjoying my Bengal Tiger exhibit), but I still have no idea what all will require water treatment (inside all exhibits with ponds or depends on the animal?, bodies of water outside exhibits?, fountains?, etc.). For the research items, why is there no corresponding description when you click or hover the items available to be researched for a particular species? I had no idea when I could expect for my Bengal Tiger to finally get their toy food enrichment item. Let's just say the pack elder died a sad tiger and all I could give him were empty uncertain promises of research to come.

I was thinking this yesterday too. I keep trying to hover over items in the catalogue/menus to see a brief description, but there aren’t any. I’d love to see, for example, “MissyGood sells baked goods such as donuts and other sweet treats for your guests”.

I really like your idea of a little list of whether an item requires power, it’s capacity, etc.

Last edited:
Agreed. Hardly anything has a description! I don’t care if it seems obvious or if it’s just some flavor text, most objects and icons should have a description when you hover over it, if only because that’s generally what games do anyway... but also because I have no idea what a lot of things do either entirely or in a technical sense.
And because I have no idea what research is unlocking!

I had to google a bunch of shops. Some of them are obvious (Soda, Beef, Bloons...) but others not so much. I’d love some fun and quirky descriptions!

Exactly! I agree with you both- even the obvious items should have some description (otherwise things feel unfinished), and it could be done in a fun way. Take The Sims franchise of games, for example. Something as mundane as a tile of linoleum flooring has a description, but it is done in such a way to add humor (and sometimes helpful tips) to the game.

Top Bottom