Lady Kahina to be a Power?

From Galnet:

Prism Senator Planning New Voyage?

Leaked images from the Avalon shipyards appear to indicate that Senator Kahina Tijani Loren’s Imperial Courier, the ‘Seven Veils’, is undergoing a significant refit just weeks after her recent visit to the Sol system.

Security at the Avalon shipyards, which are owned and managed by Persephone station, is extremely tight. The images themselves are grainy and ill-defined, but seem to show that the drives, shields and possibly the frame-shift drive components have been significantly upgraded.

Sources within the Empire note that Senator Loren has been seen at several significant social events within Imperial space recently. Despite this, she has refrained from speaking to any member of the press since returning from Sol.

Speculation is rife as to her involvement with the ongoing struggle for power within the Senate. Loren has yet to declare her support for any of the leading contenders, a fact which some political pundits believe is a strong indication that she may be considering her own play for power.

Oh, man, this sounds almost like an announcement :D
Anyone else excited by the idea of supporting her?

UPDATE

No sign of Lady Kahina among the first 10 powers revealed, here's a picture of a very sad panda as symbol of our disappointment:

sadpanda.jpg

>Lady Kahina Official biography by Drew Wagar<

Lady Kahina news from Galnet News Archives:

Last edited:
That's how I read it, yeah. Of the Imperials who've been mentioned so far I think she's the one I'd support. But I'll probably end up shilling for the Sirius Corp or something. :D

Last edited:
From Galnet:

Prism Senator Planning New Voyage?

Leaked images from the Avalon shipyards appear to indicate that Senator Kahina Tijani Loren’s Imperial Courier, the ‘Seven Veils’, is undergoing a significant refit just weeks after her recent visit to the Sol system.

Security at the Avalon shipyards, which are owned and managed by Persephone station, is extremely tight. The images themselves are grainy and ill-defined, but seem to show that the drives, shields and possibly the frame-shift drive components have been significantly upgraded.

Sources within the Empire note that Senator Loren has been seen at several significant social events within Imperial space recently. Despite this, she has refrained from speaking to any member of the press since returning from Sol.

Speculation is rife as to her involvement with the ongoing struggle for power within the Senate. Loren has yet to declare her support for any of the leading contenders, a fact which some political pundits believe is a strong indication that she may be considering her own play for power.

Oh, man, this sound almost like an announcement :D
Anyone else excited by the idea of supporting her?

I'm willing to become Lady Kahina's slave.

Also, Braben said each power could have exclusive modules, so hopefully, her side will include exclusive improved FSD to explore in style.

As far as personality goes Lady Kahina has my vote for whom I'd support. I'm going to wait for a bit before I actually pledge my alliegence though.

I was going to throw in with Torval, because slaving made me rich. I also was based out of LTT 9810 (Pure chance) for I while back in December, it's where I hit Baron, so it would have been Torval who rose me through the Imperial ranks.

But Lady Loren, that woman has panache! I wouldn't be surprised if she wears a brace of pistols and a rapier.

Now If she can soup up my Courier post 1.3, it'll be a no brainier.

- - - Updated - - -

I just want to know if we get a glance at her rack while she passes by in super cruise? I want to know if it's a 16 or a 32-slot?

I don't know if I risk peeping her 32t Class 4E racks, lest you like scorch marks on your hull plating.

Last edited:
Well, she's either going to become a power, or she's going to the Thargoid homeworld after a secret meeting with them in Sol.

I am planning at this point for my Imperial to side with Princess Arissa, both because she's the only one of the fueding powers who actually acts like an Emperor (Empress?) might, and because she's likely to be favorable to bounty hunters given her community goals so far.

I do like the Prism Senator's style, though.

She isn't getting any support from me. Everyone knows what happened to her but at the end of the day she is still an Imperial, with the same snooty stuck-up attitude towards people she considers her inferiors. What she really needs is another run-through with a sword to bring back Salome.

Though I loath to encourage a discussion on appearance

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140929&p=2166196&highlight=#post2166196

Of course that tells us nothing of what her politics are

At this point, I suspect it is very likely that Drew had the reference photos of the Lady and Domina mixed up. ;) The second one sure looks like Domina in her prime ;)

EDIT: On second thoughts, as far as I remember Domina was blond. But the spirit is still there.

As for her politics, this is a quote from a friend of mine:

she is distinctly . Single combat with a trained soldier for no reason whatsoever, handing over her power to whatsisname because she wanted to fly around, maintaining slavery on prism, causing a war between feds and empire (thousands dead) and generally being a spoiled (censored)

Even though I don't agree with each one of these notions, you have to agree he does have a point on a few.

Last edited:
Single combat with a trained soldier for no reason whatsoever, handing over her power to whatsisname because she wanted to fly around, maintaining slavery on prism, causing a war between feds and empire (thousands dead) and generally being a spoiled (censored)

That is what badasses do.

People who hand over their power to go off flying ships out beyond are unlikely to be Leaders of Faction, though, no?

We don't know the circumstances yet (if she is gonna be her own power at all), or what her objective will be. I doubt that every power in the galaxy is aiming for the imperial throne.

I got the feeling that she got fed up with the internal politics of the Empire in general and redirected her passion to the new frontiers, so, if anything she strikes me as the power that could give exploration perks, who expands her power into the unknown, and possibly encounter the first hostile aliens, rather than compete with the current imperial powers.

But of course, that is just my interpretation, we won't know how things take shape until there is more Galnet.

Last edited:
We don't know the circumstances yet (if she is gonna be her own power at all), or what her objective will be. I doubt that every power in the galaxy is aiming for the imperial throne.

I wasn't even referring to the Imperial throne, but a Power level faction, with the all Hierarchy and Bureaucracy and paper work and time that goes with that vs the freedom of a Imperial Courier and the Galaxy calling

Was it not this sort of powerplay (pun intended) that she wanted to keep her distance from in the first place anyway?

I wasn't even referring to the Imperial throne, but a Power level faction, with the all Hierarchy and Bureaucracy and paper work and time that goes with that vs the freedom of a Imperial Courier and the Galaxy calling

Well of course, but just like in Prism, she is gonna do her thing, and let someone else fill the paperwork.

Top Bottom