Parks Lake Euphoria

J4CLtHq.jpg[

Here's where I've been all Summer. This was my entry for the Shyguy's World Summer Competition. I'm going to take you all on a quick tour over the next few days to show why I've been missing in action. ;)

The Summer comp ran from 19th June till the 18th September. We all started with the same park which had a wooden coaster, A boomerang coaster, an in-complete Floorless coaster (just the station and lift-hill), some un-themed flat rides, not including the balloon ride which I added later in the comp, a train and some uninspiring shops and toilet block.

The park was meant to be an old park that was dying. We had to completely turn things around.
Each week, we had a specific challenge, usually referring to something that was in the park. The talent over there is incredible, so competion was fierce. They can be found here. http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/board,140.0.html

Here's what we all started with
HjU0wZc.jpg[

Le2gCJH.jpg

So the first thing I did was send my construction crew in. A new entrance plaza needed to be built. so the old one had to go
VOvQN3v.jpg[

And the newly re-launched Lake Euphoria released some promotional pictures
aFdA24l.jpg[

vl6lZtH.jpg[

rLp0F1X.jpg[

EhBfrr0.jpg[

nMJUjSc.jpg[

More coming very soon

Last edited:
Thanks buddy;) Here's some more.

The new main entrance is bigger, ready to handle the crowds
kccknic.jpg

The fountain features a centre-piece made from stone re-claimed from the original park's entry arches, to honour it's past
KxnsHeX.jpg

0UB7cKg.jpg

The train circles the main entrance and goes over the path from the car parks
GOyBSj5.jpg

One of the 2 main ticket buildings, Each one has 2 counters. Behind are the toilets behind for all those that have been guzzling gallons of Gulpee on the journey and know they can't hang on until they get through the turnstyles into the park.
f9TocZ4.jpg

2c5S2rq.jpg

Just inside the gates, the old carousel has a new house and a fresh lick of paint
g9f8RqX.jpg

Pz1nNJ9.jpg

Z8sVZsa.jpg

DMHO5hq.jpg

cktPVtz.jpg

The Chairswing has also been re-vamped to fit in with the new look of the park.
G3bAGPR.jpg

Euphoria Gifts is a large gift shop near the entrance. It has loads of stuff to buy
Z1KezbB.jpg

CFWbATh.jpg

6tjeFRI.jpg

j8y5Kcm.jpg

AjTWPYG.jpg

yEDXj7k.jpg

And next door is the Atrium Restuarant. Selling all your favourite snacks including Cosmic Cow's famous 1 litre Udder Buster Shake available in Chocco-Chocco Mint, exclusive to Lake Euphoria.
LlMApxK.jpg

There's loads of places to sit, either inside, or outside on one of the 2 terraces
gOxRnI7.jpg

OBs7dDx.jpg

bhpuGEX.jpg

1VEuztQ.jpg

PVJffWm.png

It all looks so magic at night
xb0JqE6.jpg

PWLJPvJ.jpg

3UtCOi0.jpg

AEEGwkC.jpg

laLyPMv.jpg

0EW75ZD.jpg

fSdoKgH.jpg

Last edited:
I wish there was a boardroom on this forum... A panel of master builders, a group of wise man, who would maintain an absolute list of parks that are absolutely awesome! Well yours should definitely be in it! Such a unique atmosphere hanks for sharing...

Yes, imagineering at its absolute best... it almost feels like reality... Every piece perfectly used in the smartest way possible. This is pure art! The gift shop and the atrium are so iconic buildings, simply totally amazing!! Can't be made better! Congrats and respect! Looking forward to see more of this jewel of a park![happy]
A lot of greets
Corkscrewloop

I wish there was a boardroom on this forum... A panel of master builders, a group of wise man, who would maintain an absolute list of parks that are absolutely awesome! Well yours should definitely be in it! Such a unique atmosphere hanks for sharing...
Thank you very much. Such an amazingly nice thing to say. That would be a great idea, but what is a master builder? The term is very subjective and can be potentially inflammatory. Even so, it's a huge compliment, so thank you.

very nice. Love the look and feel of the plaza. color choices are also very vibrant and appealing.
Thank you. Colour and the language of colour is something so taken for granted, but I always try to be mindful of it when I design something.

Really awesome work Nemmie! You have must be very proud of that Park because it is absolutely stunning! I want to see MOAR!!!
Thanks very much. You have encouraged me through this whole project since the start in June, so thanks. Below, is MOARRRR!!

Yes, imagineering at its absolute best... it almost feels like reality... Every piece perfectly used in the smartest way possible. This is pure art! The gift shop and the atrium are so iconic buildings, simply totally amazing!! Can't be made better! Congrats and respect! Looking forward to see more of this jewel of a park![happy]
A lot of greets
Corkscrewloop
Thank you so much. Whenever I build, I always have in mind that it should be somewhere I'd like to visit. I like the challenge of making it believable and try to keep it realistic, as I think it makes it so much more immersive. I also try to imagine the workings of it and would it be practical. I like the challenge of this aspect of building.

Anyway, enough chatting from me, here's the next chunk.

Every park needs more rides, right? Here's how I re-themed the parks other old rides to give them a new lease of life.

Tucked away in the corner of the park, next to the 1st train station is The Old Tea House. The only place you actually get stirred in a cup
EXhbStW.jpg

yoULOJH.jpg

65GvR4G.jpg

ddRM3Bd.jpg

K5b0EDI.jpg

mMKueFO.jpg

Across the midway is The Gateway Project. Powered and stabilized by mysterious Zoon crystals, a portal has been built harnessing a wormhole to distant stars
BWLBzW7.jpg

bDbSxbq.jpg

IkrPIR3.jpg

tpCXa3B.jpg

l234rBU.jpg

hfzdj3d.jpg

There's something lurking in that lake
wdsWxoK.jpg

Lake Monster
QBsjPV5.jpg

The station building is at an odd angle to the platform giving some pretty hairy head-choppers at either end
LDVt7bf.jpg

ceCQNmi.jpg

Q1nNXKI.jpg

qSBvtZw.jpg

9twBNe4.jpg

Als3qtV.jpg

K9FtN8G.jpg

tQ5L15C.jpg

Tidal Wave. A massive wave is about to hit the city. Grab your poncho. You will get wet!
o2MmnxA.jpg

V8eozHD.jpg

HZnn2ZD.jpg

837k4DY.jpg

S27rnck.jpg

Ks7ovaF.jpg

0rbOhFM.jpg

5Txgqcn.jpg

Captain Numpty's Luxury Cruises. Captain Numpty was absolutely useless at this pirating malarkey so he had a plan to make money. He decided to offer holiday makers luxury trips around his local waters......very rough, shark-infested waters! What could possibly go wrong?
CYOzLLF.jpg

Lucky passengers are about to embark on an adventure
HQWUK78.jpg

The sharks are already circling.
sTRXcAn.jpg

Great idea to fill up before you get sea sick
s7Q8rQY.jpg

5kUS2mB.jpg

5kUdnaU.jpg

aLSJB4M.jpg

iHsXPyN.jpg

IkoFBMR.jpg

f6LC8rq.jpg

YdaEmy5.jpg

5F2aDxb.jpg

BzQrEVO.jpg

Nemmie, this is, with out a doubt, an absolute amazing build. So detailed in every way! Colour choices, designs, placements are outstanding. Great Job :)

Thanks so much for the great comments. I had a lot of fun building this, so it's always great when people like it too.

This update is just in time before the spooky pack drops tomorrow.

One week, the challenge was to finish the coaster. All there was a very basic, generic station and a lift hill, nothing else. There was a huge Oak tree in front and the brief said that if we remove it, it would be really good to keep it and put it somewhere close. So I had the idea to leave it where it was and make it a feature of the ride. So that gave me the idea to base the ride on HEX at Alton Towers, so the chained oak would be the anchor for the ride. So this coaster is so inspired by the legend of the chained oak, Hex itself and the actual tower ruins where it's located.
LVr0INt.jpg

The chained Oak stands on the plaza in front of the ride, directly below the zero-g roll
KDsAljR.jpg

hvnVRax.jpg

1dSillT.jpg

6E5q8QO.jpg

l92U8XC.jpg

ISX9VO1.jpg

EG1BDoz.jpg

PbI1a9m.jpg

The on-ride photo shop as you leave the station
QCIdbFA.jpg

sHNZiHw.jpg

q835V6g.jpg

The Earl Of Shrewsbury's ill-fated coach sits on the walkway alongside the ride
FAtC5rk.jpg

The train dives under the queue
aqYcXnO.jpg

After coming out of the ground and going through the Immelman, the train heads into the MCBR above the food shops
8hrNr6R.jpg

These two are heading somewhere far less sinister
NXY65zb.jpg

2OXFZyS.jpg

Transfer tracks and maintenance sheds
nRC9bum.jpg

c07XFLs.jpg

oXAyRMG.jpg

SeNvmcF.jpg

wuYTAYo.jpg

hiAHUxV.jpg

Inside the station, the fallen branch from the old oak tree is chained to the ceiling
VvMZmaV.jpg

As the trains leave, an eerie green glow fills the station
wGSCnq1.jpg

kah66fV.jpg

rvLNOOB.jpg

E2GrY04.jpg

Hi again Nemmie, just curious...and I sure hope the answer is yes....did your park win the contest you entered? I'd be very surprised if you didn't.

Thank you very much [big grin]

Hey Tillietwos.
Thanks. :) The final results aren't in yet, but out of the 7 remaining contestants, out of the original 27 contestants, I'm currently 6th. And I'm really happy with that. The standard has been mind-blowing, as it always is at SGW.
Plus, I didn't really enter to win, I just enjoyed the process. I never really took it too seriously. There were 2 week's challenges that I didn't even enter and I didn't bother with 2 of the 3 bonus challenges. So even though I had the 2 missing challenges ready for the final submission, it meant I technically got zero points for the Atrium Restaurant and zero points for Professor Putt-Putt's Factory, (that I'm showing below). On top of no points for not doing the bonus challenges, that's heck of a lot of points to miss out on.
And some of the entrants were teams of two people, so I'm quite proud that I could hold my own and get the work done on my own.
So basically, just to be part of it amongst some of the most creative people in the community, I'm very, very pleased.

Here's the last update showing what stage the park was in when I sent in my final entry. This is 2 weeks worth of challenges. The kids track ride one where I didn't enter it at the time (no points) and the flatride week, where I did. YAY!

Here's Professor Putt-Putt's Factory
tE9ADqc.jpg

Come inside to see what his crazy mind creates
WX7Vscy.jpg

And next to it is some food shops and a small seating area
45csRp3.jpg

And along the other side is another one of the professor's crazy inventions. Flying cars!!! Really? Why can't he stick to just making candy in that factory, like everyone else?
Presenting........ Super Superb Flying Cars
y5AItmA.jpg

UymmrZn.jpg

kxSXHnA.jpg

Who thought that sticking a balloon and some rotors on a car and powering it with candy could be so much fun?
yDjn0Ue.jpg

lZD6wum.jpg

1xIAY8o.jpg

f86uauq.jpg

VuLXPIt.jpg

szB9ynU.jpg

L48wLY0.jpg

I5VRT7T.jpg

Fk14JPY.jpg

Needs more colour
wefnvCf.jpg

tLwZ7Zr.jpg

7987zpl.jpg

If you walk across the level crossing from The Chained Oak, this outdoor section is one of the first things you see
bMGHE9U.jpg

zaB5U3i.jpg

RsZdHtp.jpg

xKhnBej.jpg

Inside the station
CX1Z8Vr.jpg

About to go
fsxAwmh.jpg

If it wasn't colourful enough outside, it gets really colourful inside
u5gFV8z.jpg

Wg7sFc5.jpg

And of course, you leave through the gift shop, which includes a on-ride photo counter
Rws1CBA.jpg

Yi0H1cP.jpg

TdLoATU.jpg

Last edited:
You sound a lot like me Nemmie. I play this game as well for the fun of it. For the past year and a half it has given me many many hours of entertainment. I really like to be creative however I have never created anything like a full park like you have. Great Job :)

The luna car ride and the balloon ride are just so brilliant and genuine, as they could be, that must have taken a huge amount of hours to build... You really pull out all that game can do... Hope you don't mind if I take these cool details as inspiration... Finally saw how to build a t-shirt stand...[happy]
A lot of greets
Corkscrewloop

Thank you so much everyone [big grin]

Well the results are in and overall, I came 6th. I'm really pleased about that, for the reasons I gave above. The top 3 were all amazing!!!!

So, with a week since the competition ending, I've finally gone back into Lake Euphoria and I'm working on getting the park to the stage I wanted it to be for the final entry for the comp, but didn't have enough time. I've already done some tweaks and improvements that have really made a difference and I'll show them soon (unless I bite the bullet and dive into the Haunted House competition). You all know what I'm like for being distracted by side-projects.

So if you want to visit Lake Euphoria, (minus the latest additions ;) ) here's the link. You'll need the billboards, so the link for them is below too.

eMTsVZ1.jpg[

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1138540249

Disclaimer. Professor Putt-Putt's Factory is a double edged sword. If you ride it in the day, the colours are really bright and saturated and look absolutely VILE and the epic hideousness will rot your retina. If you ride it in the dark, the spin-dry tunnel at the end of the ride will liquefy your brains lol.

Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u1yj5aojx2t8s0i/AADt_1GRdN8e7l6SFlxtffqpa?dl=0

Top Bottom