Lakon's best flying ship... The Asp Scout!

As I originally said, I find the iEagle to be more "twitchy" to fly, compared to the Viper, as a result of it having increased rates of pitch, roll & yaw.
Coriolis verifies my experience, as does the spreadsheet you've posted.

That's in this reality and not an alternate one.

I dunno if you're under the impression that I'm suggesting the iEagle is "better" than the Viper but I'm not.
As I also said, ultimate agility needs to be tempered by control.
It's no good having an agile ship if you can't control it precisely because it's too "twitchy".

I guess, in the real-world, if a company built an iEagle, they'd design a fly-by-wire system which'd smooth out it's flight characteristics where possible.
In ED, I suppose somebody, if they really wanted to, could create custom joystick input curves which'd dampen smaller control inputs but, without that kind of stuff, the iEagle is way more twitchy to fly than the Viper.

Fair enough Stealthie. I did assume you thought the ieagle was 'better' than the V3.

However I would still contest the premise that rotations = agility, which I would say they most certainly do not, agility IMO is the ability to actually move around fast and change vectors at speed as desired. Which the ieagle most certainly cannot come close the V3.

And which back on topic to OP the Scout has agility in spades :D

Top Bottom