Landing gear button mode "hold"

I guess you're on a different platform to me (PC) or a different controller, cos I just press 'L' and get the verbal conformation of deployed or retracted.

So I guess the question is what Platform and/or what Controller are you referring to?

Guys this is a request to the Devs to expand on an existing feature, the cargo scoop "hold" option works just fine, never spontaneously releases and doesn't impinge on anyone else's play style.
I'm aware of the ability to rebind keys but I have no wish to do so, the only time I touch my keyboard is to alt-tab and it shall remain that way.
Is this a first world warthog problem? Most definitely, but as most posts in this sub-forum are first world problems I don't see the relevance.

Guys this is a request to the Devs to expand on an existing feature, the cargo scoop "hold" option works just fine, never spontaneously releases and doesn't impinge on anyone else's play style.
I'm aware of the ability to rebind keys but I have no wish to do so, the only time I touch my keyboard is to alt-tab and it shall remain that way.
Is this a first world warthog problem? Most definitely, but as most posts in this sub-forum are first world problems I don't see the relevance.

You are entitled to make your suggestion, no problem with that. In a light-hearted manner though I refer you to the following jokey thread in the Off-Topic section:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/422156-The-And-You-Think-You-e-Got-Problems-Thread

... only teasing, so don't have a cow. :)

Last edited:
No cow had.
That thread could turn into a winner, This morning I found a butter knife, in the subdivider specifically set aside for forks! (Vic Reeves)

I can so relate to that.

Just thinking out loud.....
Does 'on' and 'off' register like keypresses (or maybe turned into keypresses if needed)
Could then map landing gear to 'on' landing gear alternative to 'off'. Does that not give the effect you are looking for?
(not near my computer so assuming landing gear has the ability for primary and secondary like most other things)

Just thinking out loud.....
Does 'on' and 'off' register like keypresses (or maybe turned into keypresses if needed)
Could then map landing gear to 'on' landing gear alternative to 'off'. Does that not give the effect you are looking for?
(not near my computer so assuming landing gear has the ability for primary and secondary like most other things)

That would indeed give the required effect, unfortunately the "off" side of the toggle has no keypress register, at least not one detected by the game options.
Perhaps there is one that could be manually added to the config.xml though.

Nice thought Cmdr, will look into it.

EDIT: Tried copying the cargo scoops "<ToggleOn Value="0" />" into the landing gear with no luck...well it couldn't be that easy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Still effectively double flicking and losing an input option in the process.
Would be great if the single throw toggles worked with this idea...problem solved.
A double throw can work exactly the same. it's a single flick for up, single flick for down.
Given all the input options, the three modes and shift, I can't believe two inputs connected to the same bind would be missed.

Do you know when you get allowed to comment on off-topic threads? Only I can think of something spectacularly amusing* to say on it, but haven't done the rank grind enough to be let loose in there ;)

(* Your mileage and perception of what constitutes "spectacularly amusing" may vary considerably, e&oe.)

Just like you get for the cargo scoop in the control options.
Double flicking a toggle switch for gear up/down just isn't right.[hotas]

This is a cart-before-the-horse situation.

Safety-wise, this would be a SEVERE issue for anyone with KBM or a basic HOTAS.

This is only a situational issue, and it appears to be an issue with your switch.

Replacing it with a toggle (lighted on/off toggle would make it 10x better) would solve the issue.

So in short, don't change the code, change the $1.25 switch. >.>

This is only a situational issue, and it appears to be an issue with your switch.

Replacing it with a toggle (lighted on/off toggle would make it 10x better) would solve the issue.

Do you mean a momentary switch? If it's illuminated every other press you'd have an issue with synchronisation.

As mentioned before this is an "option" and not forced on anyone, it already exists in-game for the cargo scoop(choose 'toggle' or 'hold').
My switch functions as it should and is identical to the switch I use for the CS, both are single throw(on/off) toggles.

From what I've figured out this request has been made several times as far back as 2014 so I don't like my chances on getting it added any time soon.

I haven't ventured too far down the rabbit hole yet but it looks like it may be possible to map the toggles 'off' position to a keyboard stroke using the Warthog's TARGET software.
The control binds only allow one input for keyboard and one for controller but the above solution would emulate the 'hold' option nicely...IF I can make it work.

Bumping this as I'm running into it as well. Telling people to replace their switches is a fairly short-sighted response, especially since some of us might use the throttle with other games that DO have better support for bistable switches rather than momentary ones (say, DCS, a highly likely game that people would be using the warthog stick with). Any setting in game that affects a two-state feature should be able to be switched between TOGGLE and HOLD.

Top Bottom