Language selection

Dear Frontier,

I really don't want to around about little things, but seriously, please let us decide ingame which language we want the game to be..
I live in Austria, my XBox is set to german since friendly Microsoft won't allow me to set it to english while staying in the austrian XBL store. All I ask now is, please.. PLEASE don't make the game unplayable to me, since I just don't freaking know what's what in german, cause I ALWAYS played it in english, right from the beginning!

I know you can do it, and i was a bit surprised to see it's german all of a sudden now, without a patch and it being english yesterday after the full release patch was applied!
I don't think I'm the only one who would have to start from scratch (okay.. at least kinda), when every little thing is in a different language, than I'm used to!

Why german? Why not another English speaking country?
It's set to german/Austria.. because i live there.. and there's no option to set it to english/Austria, which would be nice, but who knows why, Microsoft decided against it so far, ignoring all votes on xbox.uservoice.com crying for unlocked language regions..

Je comprends pas, tu as le jeu en allemand ?
Je suis francais et le jeu est en anglais, pas en francais.

I do not understand, you have the game in German?
I'm french and the game is in English, not French.

Im german and i don't want the german translation anymore, cause im now familiar with the eng. version.

i mean come on

Frame Shift Wake Scanner or

FRAMESHIFT SOGWOLKENSCANNER

Im german and i don't want the german translation anymore, cause im now familiar with the eng. version.

i mean come on

Frame Shift Wake Scanner or

FRAMESHIFT SOGWOLKENSCANNER

EXACTLY! (and not only this, it's like everything sounds stupid in german even "Sternenhafen" sounds pretty dumb compared to "Starport"; not even mentioning "Düppel" yet xD)

So.. considering kinda all others.. WHY THE IS MY GAME IN GERMAN LANGUAGE?
If you guys don't believe me (which seems to be the case), ill take a photo of my home screen with elite showing the commodities page or anything in german!
I already made a GameDVR recording, but I'm pretty sure, most would say it's pc recorded, so better take a photo then..

EDIT: there you go: (finally)
image.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah "düppelwerfer" is really great xD

Sternenhafen reminds me of some old scifi novells/books.

I believe you. Have you tried to make a ticket at frontier support ?

No i didn't, thought of it being standard now when posting the thread!
But since noone else seems to be.. affected by this, I might cry for help at frontier support (it's really stupidly awkward like this).

EXACTLY! (and not only this, it's like everything sounds stupid in german even "Sternenhafen" sounds pretty dumb compared to "Starport"; not even mentioning "Düppel" yet xD)

So.. considering kinda all others.. WHY THE IS MY GAME IN GERMAN LANGUAGE?
If you guys don't believe me (which seems to be the case), ill take a photo of my home screen with elite showing the commodities page or anything in german!
I already made a GameDVR recording, but I'm pretty sure, most would say it's pc recorded, so better take a photo then..

EDIT: there you go: (finally)
View attachment 66933

What the heck did you doing to get it on german?! I want it on german too and have it only on english. Is this a fake or is it real? If so, where is the hidden switch to get german text???

Last edited:
Just in case anyones interested:

Hard resetting the console also changed the game to german for another commander!
Might wanna try holding the "power"-button for 10 seconds continuously and booting the console again afterwards..

Still hope there will be a solution to get it in english for people who prefer the game in english!

What's your XB gamertag? Please record a movie with gamedvr there and post the video here. Please also include the options dialog settings of the game into the video to prove it is realy the xbox version.

I just got this message from the support about the language issue:

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Frontier Support.

We were hoping that full language support was going to be available for Elite: Dangerous on release of the game, but sadly, we did not feel that it met a standard high enough to be published yet. This has now become a priority for us to resolve as soon as possible - so apologies for this.

However, some users have reported that after having updated the Xbox One Dashboard preview, they are able to see Elite: Dangerous in other languages - although this is not intended behaviour!

Thank you for your patience while we continue working on this functionality.

Best regards

Last edited:
Top Bottom