Community Event / Creation LAVE RADIO - A podcast about Elite Dangerous

Just finished listening to the first pod-cast after a few interruptions.
Great work guys, I can't wait to hear more.

I'm loving Lave Radio and looking forward to the next episode.

One little request/suggestion. Could you maybe put anything you might consider a spoiler at the end of the radio show? A nice clear "From hereon be spoilers" would help us folks who like surprises.

I'm loving Lave Radio and looking forward to the next episode.

One little request/suggestion. Could you maybe put anything you might consider a spoiler at the end of the radio show? A nice clear "From hereon be spoilers" would help us folks who like surprises.

What kind of things do you consider to be spoilers?

Say you put subtitles for podcasts, so that I could translate them for the Russian-speaking audience?

I am looking into dictation translation of each section using Dragon Premium. Each person on the cast will have a profile and the software then transcribes their comments. Any additional help or conversion with this once I've done it will be up to your good self...;)

I might be able to help automate some of the transcription if you like, just PM me if you like ;)

Any help is appreciated. If you have other ideas that might be easier I would love to hear them. As you might imagine, my time on all things Elite Dangerous is quite stretched...;)

I am looking into dictation translation of each section using Dragon Premium. Each person on the cast will have a profile and the software then transcribes their comments.

Hmm ... In my opinion, to use voice recognition software is not good:
First, the authors of the podcast should be written in the preparation of the script (or at least, I imagine - to record the first time is very, very difficult and you need to write down on paper in advance everything that should be recorded on audio)
Second, because I do not know English, then see how well the program recognizes the audio I can not either. And if after this text translated into another language, you can get is not what it was in the beginning.

Any additional help or conversion with this once I've done it will be up to your good self...;)
I would appreciate any help, and I will act very, very good =)

Great podcast, keep up the good work! I'll move this to the fan creations forum and sticky it so it is easy to find for others. I'll also give it a shout out on the facebook page. ;)

Time to check if I approved a Stiffy Everwood now :eek:

Not had a chance to listen yet, but here's a simple bit of code you might want to use to embed the mp3 so it can be played in the browser:

Code:
<object data="http://www.google.com/reader/ui/3523697345-audio-player.swf" height="27" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="380"><param name="src" value="http://www.google.com/reader/ui/3523697345-audio-player.swf">
<param name="FlashVars" value="audioUrl=MP3_URL_GOES_HERE">
<audio src="MP3_URL_GOES_HERE" controls="controls" preload="none" style="width:380px;"></audio></object>

This is from my own geeky podcast, Roguelike Radio - you can see how it works on there. It uses flash with HTML5 as a back-up, so it should work on any device.

What kind of things do you consider to be spoilers?

Now! That would be telling... sorry *unapologetic grin*

I'm sure you'd recognise things that people might want to discover during gameplay, like whether we will see that generational ship and which system it would appear. Also the results of zero G hockey games and suchlike. Telling people to stop listening if they don't want to know is easier than telling them to stop listening for a minute.

First, the authors of the podcast should be written in the preparation of the script (or at least, I imagine - to record the first time is very, very difficult and you need to write down on paper in advance everything that should be recorded on audio).

Actually that way round is an awful lot more difficult that what we've planned and done. I doubt very much we will be writing down everything we record first as this would disturb the flow of the conversation. Dragon is pretty good at getting feeds from people and its not too difficult afterwards to listen to the recording and correct the type for punctuation, mispellings and grammar. I do this regularly with my research, so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I am looking into dictation translation of each section using Dragon Premium. Each person on the cast will have a profile and the software then transcribes their comments. Any additional help or conversion with this once I've done it will be up to your good self...;)
Any help is appreciated. If you have other ideas that might be easier I would love to hear them. As you might imagine, my time on all things Elite Dangerous is quite stretched...;)

I was thinking along similar lines, once the transcription is available in text then I was considering using an XSLT on the data as XML, so that it can be translated using online services. My job involves a fair bit of data munging so if I can do anything to get it in a nicer format for you, just let me know ;)

I really enjoyed that, thank you gentlemen!
I wasn't really sure before listening how you'd fill a podcast about Elite, but it was actually a very interesting discussion. I'll be tuning in (for want of a better term...) for all of them. Great round up.

Actually that way round is an awful lot more difficult that what we've planned and done. I doubt very much we will be writing down everything we record first as this would disturb the flow of the conversation. Dragon is pretty good at getting feeds from people and its not too difficult afterwards to listen to the recording and correct the type for punctuation, mispellings and grammar. I do this regularly with my research, so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Sorry, but I can not understand.:eek::eek::eek:
You want me to use Dragon for that to get the text of the podcast itself, or you can do it for release, which is already out, and in the future will put the subtitles? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom