Community Event / Creation LAVE RADIO - A podcast about Elite Dangerous

I'll admit that is one of the concerns I have that about Odyssey. I worried that the Space Side of the game will be neglected for at least six months while Odyssey 'Beds In', so we're stuck with Powerplay as it, C&P as is and CQC as is. However, as long as Odyssey has fixed a lot of issues with multi-crew, it will be worth it for me.

The biggest question for me really is one of the games direction: did FD feel the game was at a decent point and in reasonable enough shape to bolt on a whole new layer? If so I really have to wonder exactly how FD view engineer balance, Powerplay, CQC etc, because if FD have left them as is, they are repeating past behaviors and not updating what they introduce.

I'll admit that is one of the concerns I have that about Odyssey. I worried that the Space Side of the game will be neglected for at least six months while Odyssey 'Beds In', so we're stuck with Powerplay as it, C&P as is and CQC as is. However, as long as Odyssey has fixed a lot of issues with multi-crew, it will be worth it for me.

From running observations of elite over the years, all the positives and negatives seem entirely stuck on whether they choose to allocate development resources to any topic. Ive definitely gotten lost taking some of the issues personally over time, but ultimately, when frontier rubber stamp a change, on best cases they can release a server fix in 2 days, and code change in 2 weeks. Its just a matter of whether they decide to raise their hands to get the work done.

So maybe the interesting concept is how they go about deciding what to work on next. The lack of allowance for more iterations could also explain everything. Or at least doesn't make it far enough to hit the expectations for advanced players anyway. Maybe their metrics indicate that the vast majority of new players don't make it to the deep end of the pool.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Everyone. Here's the last Lave Radio Episode of the year!

I'll be streaming over the Christmas period between 11:30 to 00:30 most nights, so your quire welcome to join in (Don't worry I have plenty of rebuys)

Just finished the show. Agree with the point that if smaller ships are more useful that could count against credit invalidation. Also, really not looking forward to crime and punishment applying itself. The current philosophy thats applied to space at the moment is completely unenjoyable. Just a pest with no value. I hope the fundamental ideas will evolve for odysee as for me its turned off many missions types in space just by being enabled.

Lave Radio Episode 323: In Game in the Membrane is now available for download!!!
Welcome to 3307 and we get all optimistic about what's up coming this year!

Cmdr Eid LeWeise
LaveStation_00001.png

I had a brief break from the game because i was running out things to do and the white knights came back to the forums.. but heard some positive news about the footfall tags so came back and thanks for another great episode.

• It never solidified to me that console odysee has had a literal years delay on it. Dare you to point that out in dd :)
  • Great frozen no song.
  • Another bad thing about subscriptions is the "returning player" idea has a barrier that's very hard to overcome. Also once you've quit you've gone. Because its mandatory, it suddenly becomes a valid check to how much content you've received for your money, and no sub game in history has delivered game content to match your $ had you spent the same amount on other games. Nothing at all is positive in hindsight of a extended subscription experience. Good point that frontier are motived to work on the advanced game features. Maybe we should do kickstarters for bug fix packages.

Anyway, after a few weeks disconnected, its easy to come back to odysee with a possibly realistic expectation, basically its horizons 2, an fps version of the srv, with engineering and a mission board, new awesome planets, and finally fps rp mission boards for space missions. But fundamentally a carbon copy of horizons with the actors swapped out.

If you find it interesting and appropriate, would be great to get your guys opinions on.. what exactly would it take to get people like yourselves playing the same fps content over and over again. What's going to make your hand reach out and take another copy of the same mission to do again for the 1000th time like we do in space. I've been playing uncharted again with my toddler (probably not the best idea) but it made clear that at the very least, pressing a button with the intention of putting a projectile in someones head is pretty meaningless without a narrative to push forward every next part. Are they going to have to resort to credits like with every other patch? Can they just do that again?

Anyways, thanks again for another great show. /like

328 had me in stitches again. Thanks.

Elite is the only game i'm playing and listening to the podcast too. Other games i just listen to the podcasts now, i think it could be common the other way around actually.

Were you serious about wanting people to fly around in the lave paint jobs? Can i get them at all? From having spent a fair amount on skins, its bugged me forever that the best skins in the game can't be bought for money (and im not in the uk). Would be happy to make a donation to charity for them or similar. In all seriousness if you could consider doing a virtual ticket for the next lavecon just for the skins that would be amazing.

Also i had to look up the challenger joke. Really you guys were naming and shaming people for wearing ** ** yet got serious at shan for that? I don't get it..

I too took a short break and have been catching up with LR from mid Dec onwards, glad to hear you got over your Covid. A few notes.

1. The adverts just get funnier and funnier, love the Lawyer series especially. All the voice acting is superb.
2. Episode 327 How Much is that Spaceship...seems to be missing from the Lave Radio page. The actual link to play the audio I mean, page loads fine and all other links on other archive pages work so doubtful its cookies, have now found the YT link above so will listen there.
3. Can we hear more from PsyKit? :) A good balance I thought with a different enough POV for it to be added to the mix.

I agree with some of you most of the time, and usually at least one of you all of the time, but not yet all of you all of the time....and thats a good thing, means varied viewpoints.

I still got 327 and this weeks to go, no spoilers please :)

The Lavian skins are only available if you make it to Lavecon. I can ask the Lavecon organisers and the fdev if they'd be happy and /or possible to make them available with a charity auction but don't hold your breath to be honest.
328 had me in stitches again. Thanks.

Elite is the only game i'm playing and listening to the podcast too. Other games i just listen to the podcasts now, i think it could be common the other way around actually.

Were you serious about wanting people to fly around in the lave paint jobs? Can i get them at all? From having spent a fair amount on skins, its bugged me forever that the best skins in the game can't be bought for money (and im not in the uk). Would be happy to make a donation to charity for them or similar. In all seriousness if you could consider doing a virtual ticket for the next lavecon just for the skins that would be amazing.

Also i had to look up the challenger joke. Really you guys were naming and shaming people for wearing ** ** yet got serious at shan for that? I don't get it..

The Lavian skins are only available if you make it to Lavecon. I can ask the Lavecon organisers and the fdev if they'd be happy and /or possible to make them available with a charity auction but don't hold your breath to be honest.

Oh yeah no worries. Only if its easy. Before i started listening to lave radio i always noticed those skins being the recolor of the cobra ignition skins.. i quite like those and they never made them for any other ship :( Also i just made it to the end of the podcast and my face wen't bright red, you're not supposed to read out my junk.. will make a point to type better in this thread :) Thanks for the show as always.

Top Bottom