Lave Radio Community Question - Arx for Emotes?

Hi Folks,

After the surprising discussion on last weeks show, and as most MMO also do this, we wondered if Fdev put in some basic emotes in for free (Wave, thumbs up, v for victory, etc), would people be willing to pay ARX for the ability to do extra emotes?

What emote would you be willing to spend ARXs on? Eg the Red Dwarf 'Rimmer' Salute (single and double), the 07 Salute, etc

Cheers
Colin

That sleepy pete video was a laugh and all that had was crouch, I imagine those types of content would be infinately better to watch with an array of emotes at hand

So, although i would never buy emotes personally, i do see the worth in them

Star trek - live long and prosper hand gesture?

And yes it probably would be a good idea to have some arx related emotes, just as long as they dont get too silly.

I was greeted the other day by a CMDR who stopped, did a quick crouch (which I, of course, returned), then stood up and continued on their way.

Made me think we could have a resurgence of Georgian-era style greetings of bow and curtsy - regardless of gender, whoever initiates the greeting does a bow (looking down and up) and those receiving it do the curtsy (quick crouch) 😁

I'm with Colin, I was totally against this until someone mentioned the Rimmer Salute and agreed I'd pay ARX for that.

I wouldnt pay ARX for a basic set of point, wave, bow, salute emotes though. But an expanded set of sci-fi salutes? Definitely.
  • Monks Nanoo-Nanoo salute
  • Live long and prosper
And there's probaby dozens of others. I dont think you can copyright a salute.......

I’d probably buy a few essential emotes (double Rimmer), o7 etc, but I can’t see myself buying dance moves or anything else transitory.
If it brings cash into the game which is pumped back into development of new features or keeps the servers running, that can only be a good thing

Emote packs are something I associate with lock boxes and the more pandering / cashgrab side of MMOs. Not really a fan of them, and they never seem to have any utility beyond spamming.

How about some of these?

Close-combat-hand-signals-1.jpg

Would I pay for them ... not sure, maybe.

Hi Folks,

After the surprising discussion on last weeks show, and as most MMO also do this, we wondered if Fdev put in some basic emotes in for free (Wave, thumbs up, v for victory, etc), would people be willing to pay ARX for the ability to do extra emotes?

What emote would you be willing to spend ARXs on? Eg the Red Dwarf 'Rimmer' Salute (single and double), the 07 Salute, etc

Cheers
Colin
No. All emotes should be included in the base game.

Frontier have shown so far, they are very careful when it comes to microtransactions, and if you don't mind me being honest, I think it's offensive you even suggest it. You're either saying you consider it possibly OK (which it's not) or you think Frontier might think it's possibly OK.

Top Bottom