Lavecon 2017, what will we get?

Lavecon is this weekend. They usually show something new about ED. I think it'll be the extended trailer of the Thargoid base. It was shown to the press at E3.

Update: video of the Frontier Q&A Panel @ Lavecon 2017

Images of the stream and Features & changes confirmed for 2.4.

Summary

• New inbox message filters. When you do a mission you get a thread and see the details inside.
  • Search and Rescue missions
  • Salvageable wreckage will be given to a Search & Rescue Agent who will deal with all salvage items and escape pods. These items won't be tradable on the commodities market. That will allow you to be a search and rescue craft as a career at the start of 2.4.
  • End of the Bounty clearing Sidewinder death. They'll use the rebuy of the most expensive ship in committing the crimes.
  • Pilots Federation bounties for player kills, valid everywhere except anarchies.
  • Repair Limpets to repair your own ship and other people's ships.
  • Limpet synthesis to manufacture limpets.
  • Thargoid only weapons, modules and devices.
  • Mentioned the word 'thargons' at 10:21. These are unpiloted, remote-controlled battle drones that are released by Thargoid Warships as reinforcements.
  • Karma system is under "active" development (crime & punishment). Pilot Federation bounty for player killing tracks every system except for anarchy. This is in addition to normal bounties.
  • Karma system actively being designed to track things like combat logging.
  • Rebuy for player killers will use the rebuy for the ship most used when killing, not the one they are currently in (no more suicidewinders).
  • Rebuy and fines can be payed by selling stored ships wherever they are.

End of the Bounty clearing Sidewinder death. They'll use the rebuy of the most expensive ship in committing the crimes.

Pilots Federation bounties for PK, valid everywhere except anarchies.

Hull Limpets, plus limpet synthesis.

Thargoid only weps and modules.

- Karma system under "active" development now.

- Reason that exploration CG's can't (currently) be for specific targets (or target types) is that a discovery scan is (currently) a "one time transaction" so, for people who have already scanned the designated CG target, the game doesn't currently have a way of registering a second scan of the same target.

You pay the rebuy cost + the bounty. SO if you were to die in your most expensive ship, the insurance cost of that ship would be calculated and added to your bounty if you died in a sidewinder instead.

Last edited:

_trent_

Volunteer Moderator
What do we want? More content, better netcode and shiny, hard as nails Thargoids.
When do we want it? Soon. (TM)

Last edited:
What do we want? More content, better netcode and shiny, hard as nails Thargoids.
When do we want it? Soon. (TM)

Elite has an infinite amount of content. We just need it fleshed out more.

Anyways I think it will be the video shown to reporters during E3. Could be some screenshots and info as well. Doubt we will learn much about anything beyond 2.4 though.

Last edited:

_trent_

Volunteer Moderator
Elite has an infinite amount of content. We just need it fleshed out more.

Fleshed out? Forget the chanting, it's time for the placards.

5129125061_110dd0a6ba.jpg

In all seriousness, fleshing out what's there plus new content, particularly in terms of the stellar forge would be just lovely. :)

You'll have me all Saturday. :D I'm looking forward to trying out my "Mistress of The Minions" T-Shirt. :D

Now you've got me really wishing I could justify flying all the way from Australia to go to Lavecon.....

I hope everyone enjoys it and I look forward to whatever reveals we get.

Probably not much, they will probably want to keep their card close to the chest until the gamecon, closer to the likely 2.4 release.

Last edited:

verminstar

Banned
Last week I would have attempted some sorta sarcastic answer to this that would amuse me more tha who it was aimed at...but recent events have made me sit upright and take notice.

The words "never say never" will be of small comfort to many this evening, but the timing...thats the thing with how FD build the hype. Community is on a high note right now and right on the weekend...coincidence?

Ill keep an open mind and keep watching...part of me thinks the usual promises, maybe some cgi clips showing off nothing like what players actually see. But just a part...open mind staying very middle of the road on this. Hope it doesnt get worse and prepare for it anyway as opposed to hope fer the best, or something like that.

I have a very skeptical nature but Id like to think I can still be surprised after so long not being so ^

I have a very skeptical nature but Id like to think I can still be surprised after so long not being so ^

My skepticism sadly took over all feelings of hope years ago...after countless let downs over a decade of gaming disasters, the shiny ray of optimism has been replaced with tarnished despair.

abandon-all-hope-ye-who-enter-here.jpg

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.

Justice the founder of my fabric mov'd:
To rear me was the task of power divine,
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.

Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.

Such characters in colour dim I mark'd
Over a portal's lofty arch inscrib'd:
Whereat I thus: Master, these words import.

Last edited:
So is there a live thread anywhere here or Reddit where we can see what happens?

Is there a schedule where we can expect FD to show us stuff?

Actually found the programme here: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/32673d_85a17bf917574d60a253284d481a31b0.pdf

2-3 today (just as F1 qualifying is on...)

2 to 3pm Frontier Developments Paneland Q&A ( Main ) Sandro Sammarco(Lead designer)
Adam Woods (Producer)
Dav Stott (Lead Server Developer)Mark Allen (Senior Programmer)Steve Kirby (Lead Designer) will beupdating you on all things Frontier andanswering your questions.

Is there actually going to be more info from Frontier?
If there is a live stream, I'll stay up for it.

Last edited:
2-3 today (just as F1 qualifying is on...)

2 to 3pm Frontier Developments Paneland Q&A ( Main ) Sandro Sammarco(Lead designer)
Adam Woods (Producer)
Dav Stott (Lead Server Developer)Mark Allen (Senior Programmer)Steve Kirby (Lead Designer) will beupdating you on all things Frontier andanswering your questions.

Do we get a live stream for this?

Top Bottom