Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the updates Alec.

I'll be there on friday evening with my brother again and plan to go off to the pub for one of their excellent meals!

Thanks for the updates Alec.

I'll be there on friday evening with my brother again and plan to go off to the pub for one of their excellent meals!

Is that the pub if you go out the front, turn right and walk about 5mins down the road? I haven't got food plans for Friday night yet so "excellent meals" has me intrigued.

Mmm, I am currently in Mallorca on holiday at the moment, however this event is just down the road from me in RL.
Might book a ticket for saturday upon my return to Corby Orbital. Never been to anything like this, do you have to dress up in a hand made flightsuit or anything?
And are us PS CMDR’s second class citizens in RL as on the game? :)

Mmm, I am currently in Mallorca on holiday at the moment, however this event is just down the road from me in RL.
Might book a ticket for saturday upon my return to Corby Orbital. Never been to anything like this, do you have to dress up in a hand made flightsuit or anything?
And are us PS CMDR’s second class citizens in RL as on the game? :)

Absolutely no need to dress up. A few people do but mostly it's just ordinary folk who love this game sharing a few beers, talking about their passion, trying things like VR or Artemis or board games (if that's a thing you like), meeting and chatting with the dev's (who are all very friendly and happy to talk) and just generally having a very relaxed and fun time. And no, there are NO second class citizens at Lavecon.

Absolutely no need to dress up. A few people do but mostly it's just ordinary folk who love this game sharing a few beers, talking about their passion, trying things like VR or Artemis or board games (if that's a thing you like), meeting and chatting with the dev's (who are all very friendly and happy to talk) and just generally having a very relaxed and fun time. And no, there are NO second class citizens at Lavecon.

Cheers Alec,

Aye, sounds good. Will try and make it so when I get back home. Probably get a ticket for Saturday. Beer sounds good, getting a go on VR sounds better! I would buy a VR headset immediatly if it was available on PS.

By the way, where is this thread on the forum?! I looked for a bit to see if i had a reply but gave up, had to wait until a reply came through on subscribed to threads via email.

If I go, I will have to try not to constantly swoon at all the “Names” such as yourself!

Off to the beach now, thanks again.

o7

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Cheers Alec,

Aye, sounds good. Will try and make it so when I get back home. Probably get a ticket for Saturday. Beer sounds good, getting a go on VR sounds better! I would buy a VR headset immediatly if it was available on PS.

By the way, where is this thread on the forum?! I looked for a bit to see if i had a reply but gave up, had to wait until a reply came through on subscribed to threads via email.

If I go, I will have to try not to constantly swoon at all the “Names” such as yourself!

o7

Forum > Elite Dangerous > Worlds of Elite > Community Events, Media & Creations

The thread location is always displayed above it, top of the page.

Cheers Alec,

o7

Enjoy the beach and look forward to meeting you there. I'm guessing you'll be the one with the tan and I'll be the one wearing the forum avatar T-shirt in the OP, or else one of these two alternatives:

unknown.png

560.jpg

I've just had the nod from Karen to do a presentation on HOTAS mounting solutions - not sure when exactly this will squeeze into the timetable yet.
There are a few commercial solutions out there and some really creative homebrew community creations, and I'll be highlighting as many of these as I can - suggestions welcome.

Many people play with their HOTAS on top of a desk, but this can lead to strain injuries. It is important to mount your HOTAS properly for comfortable play. There will be many similarly bad HOTAS double entendres in the presentation. See you there!

Will the FDev Panel and Q&A be livestreamed for those that are unable to attend, and if so on which streamer sites/channel(s)?
LaveCon Schedule said:
2 to 3.30pm Frontier Developments Panel and Q&A (Main)
Adam Woods (Frontier Developments Exec Producer) will be leading a panel with Chris Gregory, Adam Bourke-Waite, Sandro Sammarco and Mark Allen to update you and answer your questions.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Will the FDev Panel and Q&A be livestreamed for those that are unable to attend, and if so on which streamer sites/channel(s)?

It usually is. I've been to 3 Laveceons in a row now and they've been live streaming it every time.

Also - the hype is real!!! :D Can't wait now!

Top Bottom