I thought I'd start a forum thread for general Lavecon 2018 discussion.

First off, what is it, where is it and how can you get tickets?

Well, it's a UK based Elite community gaming event organised by some of the people behind Lave Radio et al. This will be my third year attending and I'll just say that it's an absolute highlight of my year. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Lavecon is THE Elite: Dangerous social event of the year and is always well attended by Frontier staff as well (I hasten to add it's a fan event not organised by Frontier, they just love it and turn up in droves). I can't promise anything but in past years Frontier have organised a discussion panel and usually have a few exclusives to reveal (not to mention a large amount of general silliness from Ed and co.).

The event runs from 8th to the 10th of June and takes place at the Sedgebrook Hall hotel in Northamptonshire.

Tickets are available here ..

https://www.hwsevents.co.uk/shop-1

.. although I have to say they've been selling fast. At the time of writing this the "Gold weekend tickets" (which give access to the event plus hotel accommodation and food) have sold out. Silver weekend tickets (which include event, food but not accommodation) are still available and I believe arrangements are being made for accommodation in neighbouring hotels.

Also, Karen (the event's main organiser and downright bloomin' hero) just posted the following re: camping tickets (the hotel has some fairly large grounds on which camping is being allowed) ..

Gold Camping and Platinum upgrades going on the website on Thursday at 6pm. Gold Camping ticket price per person £105. Price per pitch £5. Friday/Sunday Nights with breakfast £15 per person per night.

So ... for starters, who's going? The event is a great (and often surprising) opportunity to try and put faces to names so I always think it's nice to know who's going so you can look out for them.

Like I say, I'll be there and as usual I'll be wearing a white T-shirt bearing my forum avatar so if you see me do come and say hi! (and please excuse the moment of awkwardness while I put on my glasses and peer at your name badge to figure out who the hell you are).

fmJOTJ9.png

Oh, and to keep up to date with the latest news the best thing is probably to join the official facebook group ..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lavecon/

.. and event page ..

https://www.facebook.com/events/782439308590510/

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Bring it on! Cannot wait already :)

I have some goodies ready to be donated for the raffle prize as well, including illustrated, printed Elite Dangerous wall calendar for year 3304 and couple of Elite themed cork coasters.

Looking forward to Artemis as well. And of course to seeing all of you lovely people!

Well jealous; can't make it this year as I'm stuck in Tokyo :( Time for an EliteMeet here methinks!

Hope you all have a great time! It's a fantastic event and the organisers deserve a gold medal; they are legend! As is everybody who comes along and makes it such a great weekend.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Well jealous; can't make it this year as I'm stuck in Tokyo :( Time for an EliteMeet here methinks!

Hope you all have a great time! It's a fantastic event and the organisers deserve a gold medal; they are legend! As is everybody who comes along and makes it such a great weekend.

"Stuck in Tokyo" sounds like fun (for someone who's never been to Japan at least ;) ).

Delta Squadron will be at Lavecon in force and it will be our 3rd year in attendance.

Oh god ... seriously!?!?! :rolleyes:

[haha]

Nah ... only joking, will some of you be heading down to the nearby pub on Friday evening or was that just a one-off for last year? Not sure I'm going to the ambassadors dinner this year so I might be at a loose end on Friday night.

I'll be there with DELTA SQUADRON from Friday night so join us if you want, I do think that the pub will be calling all of us down there.

Nice t-shirts ;)

I bought a 'working class' ticket for Sunday (will possibly buy ticket for Saturday if I don't have to work that day).

89Jlhw5.png

If we show off t-shirts.. this is mine. I just ordered it for the event :p

EVbtimS.png

I believe at least 5 other TWH members are going.

Cya there people :)

Last edited:
Oh god ... seriously!?!?! :rolleyes:

[haha]

Nah ... only joking, will some of you be heading down to the nearby pub on Friday evening or was that just a one-off for last year? Not sure I'm going to the ambassadors dinner this year so I might be at a loose end on Friday night.

Yep, pub Friday night. Feel free to joinus :)

I will be bringing the "Awesome Command Chair Mk3" to the VR room!

J2GuGNh.jpg

Full build diary here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/D2EFcgF8pG9DbvCY2
It's looking likely that it will be with the Vive headset, as the Pimax 8K is unlikely to be ready in time :(
However the chair will be there in all its power-assisted glory.

I'm also starting work on a similar chair frame which I intend to auction off for Special Effect.

Last edited:
I will be bringing the "Awesome Command Chair Mk3" to the VR room!

Full build diary here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/D2EFcgF8pG9DbvCY2
It's looking likely that it will be with the Vive headset, as the Pimax 8K is unlikely to be ready in time :(
However the chair will be there in all its power-assisted glory.

I'm also starting work on a similar chair frame which I intend to auction off for Special Effect.

Awesome! I see it's on casters ... does someone grab the back and move you around while you play? :p

Top Bottom