ANNOUNCEMENT Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Hey Commanders,

Thank you for all of your feedback and questions.

Here is some information we can provide at this current time. We will have more information about the content of the September Update in the near future, closer to its launch.

I have 20 weeks of playtime. Will that get me anything or do we have to earn them as we play AFTER the update

With the introduction of Arx we will not be retroactively awarding players with Arx for any playtime prior to the September Update.

Will the current front store option remain? buy direct, no ARX points?

On the Frontier Store, you will need to purchase Arx packs before being able to use them to purchase any Game Extras/Cosmetics. You will not be able to use real-world currency to purchase Game Extras.

A minor hope is that with the release of the in-game shop (IGS?) you guys will also be adding a whole bunch of new kits, skins, bobbles and the like.

We will continue to release Game Extras as per usual.

The only question is: Can we destroy the fleet carriers?

Have we got any confirmation the carrier will be squadron based yet?

there is a lot of ambiguity over how fleet carriers might operate and be used (mobile super weapons? Mass transit? Customisable headquarters? Etc).

If the fleet carrier is going to be a respawn point, how is the rebuy screen going to be handled? Will the carrier magically be capable of spontaneously reproducing you ship at standard galactic rates or will resources have to be present for carrier to reproduce them prior? Can I have my fleet carrier allied with LYR to give everyone a discount as if I was a normal station?

If I'm hearing things right then the FCs engines are based on capital ship tech and will need enough materials to enable a jump. Grind before you go?

Looking at the snippet video released I counted 8 Large landing pads on the Carrier shown. Maybe more on another side but it does beg the question of how FCs will affect Wing dynamics. Will we still be limited to 4 ships in a wing or will all 8(+?) ships from the Carrier be able to form an actual fleet and act in unison?

Will individual CMDRs have to fork out all the costs for buying and upgrading a Carrier or can the costs be shared amongst a Fleet? How would you share the proceeds if a Carrier is sold?

We don't have any details to announce about Fleet Carriers right now but stay tuned on all our official channels for more information in the future.

On the Frontier Store, you will need to purchase Arx packs before being able to use them to purchase any Game Extras/Cosmetics. You will not be able to use real-world currency to purchase Game Extras.
So it's probably going to be the old scheme where for anything you want you need to buy an excess of imaginary funbucks and the excess won't be good for anything on its own.

Please prove me wrong and be good about it by not punishing buying small amounts and have sufficiently small packages that at least minimise waste. Thank you.

So it's probably going to be the old scheme where for anything you want you need to buy an excess of imaginary funbucks and the excess won't be good for anything on its own.

Please prove me wrong and be good about it by not punishing buying small amounts and have sufficiently small packages that at least minimise waste. Thank you.
Exactly my worry with such setups. At least make ARX purchaseable in lots of, say 1000, and then things cost nice "round division" numbers like 100, 200, 250, 500. The counter-example would be things costing 330 and 450, leaving 220 left over (buy 1000 ARX, then one each of these items), and nothing costing that or less.

Hey Commanders,

Here is some information we can provide at this current time. We will have more information about the content of the September Update in the near future, closer to its launch.

With the introduction of Arx we will not be retroactively awarding players with Arx for any playtime prior to the September Update.

We don't have any details to announce about Fleet Carriers right now but stay tuned on all our official channels for more information in the future.

Do you have any more information regarding how you earn Arx? What activities earn it? Is it like reverse notoriety in that the longer you simply play the more your Arx charges up, or do specific actions give you Arx?

From the Arx FAQ thread.

I just hope FD think it through though, because past updates have not been exactly....smooth. Frontloading info on this might be a good way to highlight issues before they manifest problems requiring a week long wait for a point update.

Hey Commanders,

Nintendo's eShop let's you purchase the exact amount of credits needed to purchase an item. Is there any reason frontier couldn't do that?

Nintendo's eShop let's you purchase the exact amount of credits needed to purchase an item. Is there any reason frontier couldn't do that?
Exactly. One Arx should be purchasable not multiples as a pack.

I got caught out by this scam when I went to the Amsterdam Tournament a few years ago. I could only buy food/drink in the stadium with their own credits. Credits could only be bought in multiples of 10 Euros. I bought 2 drinks and lost about 2 Euros because there was nothing else I could buy for that amount.

DON'T DO THIS, FRONTIER!

DON'T DO THIS, FRONTIER!

This is a self-solving problem - the feedback loop will lead to a situation both parties are eventually happy with.

If FDev's ARX sales are too lumpy, or out of step with the lumpiness of the stuff they can buy, people just won't buy them and profit will suffer. If they are not lumpy enough or they give out too many ARX for in-game achievements profit will fall.

So when the feature goes live & you are not happy with how it's been applied just don't buy them and if enough people share that view (regardless of what they may state publicly) FDev will be motivated to tweak it.

I like self-solving problems.

Top Bottom