ANNOUNCEMENT Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal

Thanks @Paige Harvey !
Nice changes coming.
Particularly excited for the in-game shop and the ability to earn Arx as I play.

A minor concern though, some systems that limit the amount of in game credits you can earn per week tend to turn it into a grind, where you're looking at 2 or more weeks of effort for a single cosmetic. This is very off-putting for me; so I'm hoping that won't be the case here.

A minor hope is that with the release of the in-game shop (IGS?) you guys will also be adding a whole bunch of new kits, skins, bobbles and the like. :)crosses fingers

It's absolutely mind-boggling how an experienced community management team can post such a disastrous post. Don't you guys read what you post first?
So the core of the community, hardcore lategamers with thousends of hours invested in this game get nothing, again. We will be able to buy copy-pasted ship skins and will finally get a year late fleet carriers (which most likely will be useless as they will change destination on server ticks as normal megaships).

If not for Elite monopoly in space sim genre most of us would dump this game long ago. Never have Frontier needed competition more then now.
Sickening.

Best thing about this is the implicit confirmation of the leak's veracity:

"Don't expect much between now and then. The focus is on keeping Elite making money on the mean time"

I swear you people ...
Frontier themselves said so in pretty much those words when they announced the bulk of the team were working on the 2020 update and that in the meantime they would be focusing on (much) smaller updates. It's hardly news.

So its essentially a pre-pay system. Cash up front.

I'd like to see the current front store mechanic remain and ARX points be an addition, but not the only option.
Correct. And while I realize that this update will allow for in game Arx points as rewards, this does still feel "cash-grabby" for precisely that reason. I only want to spend X amount of money, but now you're going to have to spend 10(X) up front. Ultimately, you will have spent the money anyways probably...but maybe not? And most definitely not all up front like that.

It's absolutely mind-boggling how an experienced community management team can post such a disastrous post. Don't you guys read what you post first?
So the core of the community, hardcore lategamers with thousends of hours invested in this game get nothing, again. We will be able to buy copy-pasted ship skins and will finally get a year late fleet carriers (which most likely will be useless as they will change destination on server ticks as normal megaships).

If not for Elite monopoly in space sim genre most of us would dump this game long ago. Never have Frontier needed competition more then now.
Sickening.
C'mon - off the fence - what do you really think 🤔

Fleet Carriers coming in December 😄👍
Paint skins improved and purchasable with earned currency whilst playing the game 👍

Ok that’s my good, now the bad!

No word on the big update, nothing, nada, zilch! Still complete silence after asking us to wait 18 months. What exactly are we waiting for?? Some information, anything really!
All the veteran players who have left in droves and uninstalled this game doubtful see anything worth coming back for.
Maybe say something about weather or not Powerplay will he looked at (open only for eg), fixing cheating, instancing, combat logging etc! Be open with the community.
I can deal with things not being fixed, what drives me nuts is the fact FDEV tell us nothing, a little communication would go a long way!

Looking forward to fleet carriers however 👍😄

Sickening.
Well they told us all that the first 2 updates would be aimed at newcomers... Remember?

...but good to get it off your chest :)

So its essentially a pre-pay system. Cash up front.

I'd like to see the current front store mechanic remain and ARX points be an addition, but not the only option.
As long as we can buy exactly the amount of Arx we need for a purchase nothing changes but having to buy Arx before buying the cosmetic. I fear though that it will come in packages and that there will be leftover. I absolutely loathe that and was a reason for me to not buy anything anymore in other games.

Top Bottom