ANNOUNCEMENT Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal

It's absolutely mind-boggling how an experienced community management team can post such a disastrous post. Don't you guys read what you post first?
So the core of the community, hardcore lategamers with thousends of hours invested in this game get nothing, again. We will be able to buy copy-pasted ship skins and will finally get a year late fleet carriers (which most likely will be useless as they will change destination on server ticks as normal megaships).

If not for Elite monopoly in space sim genre most of us would dump this game long ago. Never have Frontier needed competition more then now.
Sickening.

You think they should have cracked their knuckles and coded some stuff up instead? Weird post on that front...

(PS carriers supposedly won't be tied to the tick. You'll have to grind a resource though ;))

Last edited:
Siobhan
[IMG alt="Siobhan"]https://d2aefvhu2f0gi9.cloudfront.net/data/avatars/m/70/70384.jpg?1553527112[/IMG]
40 minutes ago
Fleet carriers will ruin the game for the solo commander.

How so Siobhan? we know nothing about them! Squadrons and Wing content has always
been open to solo commanders anyway.
A lot of Solo commanders have been ruining this game for the Powerplay community from the start tbh! Hard to condemn them
Though when the developer makes an play mode system so easy to exploit from the start!

As long as we can buy exactly the amount of Arx we need for a purchase nothing changes but having to buy Arx before buying the cosmetic. I fear though that it will come in packages and that there will be leftover. I absolutely loathe that and was a reason for me to not buy anything anymore in other games.

If i can buy exact ARX amounts, im fine with it.
If its locked bundle amounts, Then i'd like the front store direct buy option to remain as an option.

i have a tough time believing you considering the history you have with delays and disappointment.. i will believe carriers are coming to the game when it actually happens

Knowing Frontier already, I bet the ARX points earned through gameplay will come at a miserable pace (they already stated they will be earned "weekly", so how many weeks should we wait for each one?). It will be just another grindy nightmare. FD is simply giving us these breadcrumbs so we dont complain about the usurious pricing the stupid ARX points will have. Are you guys really this naive?

EDIT: Oh, and I place my bets on carriers coming in 2020. I wouldn't throw hate at this like I am doing now, but this feature has been announced and hyped already too many times. What the fac is this teaser? I was hoping carriers would,at least, have a special type of docking, to add some variety, but here we are, one year late and still rehashing the same old features in the game.

Last edited:
It's absolutely mind-boggling how an experienced community management team can post such a disastrous post. Don't you guys read what you post first?
What's absolutely mind-boggling is that you think you have the right to tell them how to do their job.

So the core of the community, hardcore lategamers with thousends of hours invested in this game get nothing, again.
Yes. Get over it. They told us what the focus is, the new player experience. Why are you so entitled?

We will be able to buy copy-pasted ship skins and will finally get a year late fleet carriers (which most likely will be useless as they will change destination on server ticks as normal megaships).
Will they? Can you quote that bit? (genuine question, no sarcasm).

If not for Elite monopoly in space sim genre most of us would dump this game long ago. Never have Frontier needed competition more then now.
Sickening.
You're free to uninstall it, request an account closure and move on like a normal adult.
Otherwise, this is you:
3529k1.jpg

Really, so tired of the sense of entitlement.

Last edited:
So new players are getting instructions on how to interact with megaships. Which as a stand alone module is good information but the entire megaship interaction leads to illegal activities which leads into an entirely new aspect of the game that can be a pain for a new commander to figure out, the crime and punishment system. As the risk/reward for megaship interaction is not really worth it I was not entirely sure why this tutorial was blended into the new player experience. Is the megaship rewards getting changed in the future to make the illegal activity a valuable game play option to pick up over the often more profitable and safer options currently in game?

Looks rubbish tbf. 5 years in and they're pushing the livery rubbish because it makes them cash. I'm tempted to open a book 1/3 fleet carriers don't come out in 2019.

Also wasting resources on a training vid when it's not that hard to pick up. How about some new gameplay features?? Also if you do pls don't make them a repetitive grind

If you're introducing a major new feature in 2020 that's likely to attract a whole host of players who haven't played the game then a tutorial is a must because one of the biggest problems for people picking the game up later on in its development is that they can't get to grips with it. Steam reviews and Reddit especially were fairly well litterer with these complaints.

This has to be the most dissapointing update I've seen you guys do the big announcement is the announcement from last year is happening and a cash shop?.....

Wow this is a new level of terrible marketing

Eh?

So the core of the community, hardcore lategamers with thousends of hours invested in this game get nothing, again. We will be able to buy copy-pasted ship skins and will finally get a year late fleet carriers (which most likely will be useless as they will change destination on server ticks as normal megaships).

Sickening.

Oh Frontier, you see what you did when you tried to make a great space sim - you created a nasty unfair monopoly where by all other companies not making a better version of a similar themed game cannot be blamed, But you can! You silly billies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom