ANNOUNCEMENT Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal

There were about to release the FC in December, but did not finally and focussed on bugs instead. This was only very few weeks before release date. So the FC must be pretty close to ready for release, but on standby for now.

There were about to release the FC in December, but did not finally and focussed on bugs instead. This was only very few weeks before release date. So the FC must be pretty close to ready for release, but on standby for now.
Indeed, and it was December 2018, so over a year ago...

So given a delay of over a year, and seemingly more work yet applied to them - "the first half of this year's updates will be focused almost exclusively on Fleet Carriers" - Surely this implies something significant going wrong somewhere?

Not sure what your point is (I think we're agreeing)? To clarify FCs were supposed to be released end of 2018, but a couple of months before they were pulled (like ice planet surfaces)... And of course we're still waiting...

Oh, so it was cancelled twice then... Well, didn't remember that. I had a game break from end 2018 to almost end 2019, that would explain how I missed that.

Oh, so it was cancelled twice then... Well, didn't remember that. I had a game break from end 2018 to almost end 2019, that would explain how I missed that.
Yes... I believe that's where we are now... :)

Initially it was also implied FCs were tied into Squadrons, of course with the hope Squadrons would have fairly defined roles, so with the addition of FCs, would offer more involved and interesting gameplay/mechanics for their designated role. eg: Powerplay Squadrons would get gameplay specific to Powerplay, and their FCs would provide/offer mechanics around Powerplay. Or a Xeno Squadron would get gameplay (eg: missions) regarding Thargoid progress etc.

But alas, that seemed to be backed away from, with now FCs appearing simplified, as well as over 12 months overdue... For me it's just more signs of the problematic management/design/development processes that seem to have plagued the game...

"the first half of this year's updates will be focused almost exclusively on Fleet Carriers "
So that thing when just a couple of months away from its released had its carpet pulled... and now over a year later, it's still being worked on? Hmmm...
If you have an issue with FDev's communications and development changes then take it up with them.

Quoting me and whining at me will only get laughter from me 🤣

Last edited:
If you have an issue with FDev's communications and development changes then take it up with them.
Huh? You seem to be confused? I've been stating the chain of events surrounding FCs and stating my opinion on it?
Quoting me and whining at me will only get laughter from me 🤣
Huh? You seem to be confused? I quoted Stephen Benedetti's (Community Mananger) comment as regards the implied large ongoing effort still being put into FCs. Hope I haven't spoiled your chuckle? :)

It was on this stream.

Paige (who has since announced that she is leaving - Conspiracy !!?!) and Will.

Top Bottom