Leaving Frontier, A New Adventure, and the Best Community Ever

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'll join the chorus of CMDRs doffing their flight caps, doing a little wing wave and flashing my lights in your general direction. I met you at EGX 2014 over a beer, when you told me you felt you had a dream job. Years later, and you are moving to new challenges clearly still with a love for what you do, and who you have worked for all these years.

I wish you the very best for whatever you do in the future, and thanks for all the great streams.

Now play Spot The Ed. :D

uyxDQE2h.jpg

o7 CMDR,

Nomadski

Ed
Thank you for all you have done within the Community for the past 4 years. You have been the face of ED in my opinion and regardless of the undoubted quality of your colleagues you will still be missed.
Glad i got to shake your hand at fantasticon 2017 (I think), an honour.

best of luck in all you do, 07 commander.

Oh balls.

I hate it when the people that make the games really come alive move on. I'm glad I got to meet you in person, although I doubt you would be able to put the face to the account. All the best in your next endeavour.

Saool.

Last edited:
I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you have done over the years Ed. Glad the Swedish biscuits made it onto your stream. May I wish you all the best for the future. o7 - see you in the black! Fi and Amber

Hello everyone,

It’s with my head held high, and a heart absolutely crammed full of love, that I have to tell you that January will be my last month at Frontier Developments. The last four years have been incredible, and now it’s time for me to embark on a new adventure!

I’ll still be working in the games industry, and I’ll still be in Community Management, so hopefully you’ll see me around!

I’m not exaggerating when I tell you that it’s been the best four years of my life, and I have you lot (yeah that’s you reading this) to thank for it. It took me a while to find my career calling in life, but when I found the Frontier community, and Community Management, I realised that this was exactly where I wanted to be.

The Frontier communities are astonishing. You’ve changed lives by raising hundreds of thousands of pounds for charity, and saved lives simply by forming strong groups and friendships. I’ve journeyed across the stars with people I would now call close friends or family, and been overwhelmed by your support, kindness and passion. I’ve loved videogames all my life, but through working with you, the Frontier community I’ve seen the true positive potential that games, and strong communities in general, can have on the world. Sincerely, thank you.

Sometimes I have to take a moment to sit back and think how lucky I’ve been to work with some of the most talented people on the planet. Because of the nature of my job I’ve interacted with every area of the business here at Frontier, and I’m still blown away every day by the tenacity, dedication, creativity, ingenuity and drive displayed by those who work here. It’s inspiring. I can’t wait to be part of Frontier’s communities and experience and play the games from a completely different perspective.

It’ll come as no surprise to tell you that I worked most closely with the Community Team. Brett, Zac (still counts), Bo, Paige, Will, Paul, Chanté and Steggs are the best. They’re a shining example of how Community Management should be done within the industry, and if I can take with me even an ounce of what we achieved at Frontier somewhere else, then I will be proud of the work I’ve done. With these CMs looking after you, representing you and engaging with you, you’re in the safest possible hands. Thank you team. I’ve loved working with you all so much.

It would take me far too long to talk through all of my highlights from my time at Frontier, as the list would be near endless, but I hope I’ve left enough of a trail all over the YouTube channels, Twitter and Twitch for you to work out that most of those highlights are available for all the world to see!

You can follow me on Twitter @edwardclewis, or also on Twitch at twitch.tv/edwardclewis – I can’t promise you’ll see me on the latter very much, but who knows, we may be able to squeeze a bisquiz/biscuit review in every now and then (here’s hoping). I’m still around, you know where to find me, and I’m always up for having a chat… no matter the subject.

In short, I loved it. Thank you all.

All of the best ones are still here *pauses for a second, points at heart, and then at head*... they always will be...

Yours gratefully and sincerely,

Ed

You know you came along when I had become homicidally enraged with Braben and Brookes and on all accounts you absorbed much of my own frustration with regards Braben's betrayal of my kick starter payment. Whilst over the years I began to become disappointed with you toeing the company line I think its fair to say you did a stellar job and I watched you forge a position within the company that is gonna be hard to follow.

There are few people I have respect for at Frontier given my experiences but you are one of them. Best of luck with your future Ed. Perhaps we will have that beer together one of these days.

Take care commander! o7

Well I somehow missed this news entirely until I watched the latest stream on youtube just now. :(

I'm genuinely sad to see you go Ed, for as long as I've been playing Elite Dangerous you've been the there. It's going to feel strange with you gone. Michael leaving was sad, Sandro slipped out quietly and that felt odd too, but I think you leaving is going to be the hardest to take.

Good luck Ed, take care.

Right on Ed! Thx for everything and good luck!

If it doesn't work out, you can always come back. Not that it isn't going to work out, but you know, if.
It's going to be great I'm sure, so, just in case...

*flips table*

Last edited:
Just caught this news (yes, I live under a mushroom...)

Oh Flibble sticks !!!

Sad to see you moving on Ed, all the best in your future endeavours.

Hopefully we will see you in the black... somewhere...sometime.

I like to wish you the very best for your future you will be surly missed. Your enthusiasm always shone through like a bright star.

On the day after Expo 2016 I met you while walking to the train station. I said "Morning Ed" even though you were off duty in your own time. You took the time and stopped to talk to me. Don't ever change Ed, top person.

Wow just Wow

I cant quite believe it, youve been the forfront and face of frontier for so long now i cant imagine them without you.

I dont know where your journey is taking you next but i can say this, for frontier this is a massive loss.

Im very sad at the news and can only wish you all the best.

fly safe and good bye my friend good bye.

Last edited:
Good luck for the future Ed. I've watched so many of your live streams. No game has ever gripped me like Elite has, you've been the face of the game for me. As so many have already said, you will be greatly missed, take care :)

All the very best to you Ed Lewis, It was your attitude that kept so many entertained via your Twitch Elite play streams and Frontier Development Streams. You were the face of Frontier, and done it well. Your going to be missed greatly, Thank you for your amazing attitude to all the community.

Thank you Ed, for everything you have done for the community. Take care, good luck in your new adventures.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom