Legal Assassination Missions and NPC behavior

now that is a good explanation.
Yep, it's a bit complicated.

I just assume that 'assassinations' can't be done in public. That's frowned on even for state players. If I want head of nation X dead, I can't just have my agents walk up with orders in hand and shoot him in public. Either that's done secretly, or I make up a military operation such that his death is just part of that operation.

So I kill the target quietly, in an isolated area and whistle on my way back to the ship I even parked on their pad =D. Unless it's not covert and I need manufacturing instructions. Then some other dead people are likely going to be decorating dark corners.

Curious opinions prompt curiosity.
Opinions are just that: I believe the game gives players gameplay that is as risk-free as possible - everything that might be even mildly hazardous is hidden behind a wall (apart from the finale to the saga, having no choice in encountering one's personal Thargoids was excellent gameplay - was it 6,800 players blown up? Marvellous (yes, I was one of them)) which is fine for beginners, but in no way reflects the "dystopian" galaxy we are supposed to be playing in.

But, I do accept that the game has to cater for the risk-averse in order to retain players, which probably explains why the group I play in narrate our own game, it works pretty well.

Opinions are just that: I believe the game gives players gameplay that is as risk-free as possible - everything that might be even mildly hazardous is hidden behind a wall (apart from the finale to the saga, having no choice in encountering one's personal Thargoids was excellent gameplay - was it 6,800 players blown up? Marvellous (yes, I was one of them)) which is fine for beginners, but in no way reflects the "dystopian" galaxy we are supposed to be playing in.

But, I do accept that the game has to cater for the risk-averse in order to retain players, which probably explains why the group I play in narrate our own game, it works pretty well.
Even if I agree with all of that, it still has nothing to do with the question. You shouldn't get blown up for helping system authorities, which is why FD designed it that way.

Even if I agree with all of that, it still has nothing to do with the question. You shouldn't get blown up for helping system authorities, which is why FD designed it that way.
I wonder if the result would be the same if one has a reasonable bounty with the controlling faction? I'll give it a try soon, at worst it will only be a rebuy and a few millions bounty to pay, should be fun!

I wonder if the result would be the same if one has a reasonable bounty with the controlling faction? I'll give it a try soon, at worst it will only be a rebuy and a few millions bounty to pay, should be fun!
I suspect that if you've already got a bounty, the fine from violating the no-fire-zone will instead be added to it and that will instantly cause the station to go hostile. Good luck with the science though.

I suspect that if you've already got a bounty, the fine from violating the no-fire-zone will instead be added to it and that will instantly cause the station to go hostile. Good luck with the science though.
My feelings exactly, but a Courier (which seems to be the ship I'm living in since EDO launched) has a dirt cheap rebuy, and the bounties paid can be paid for by a couple of minutes theft...

I mean... if you just came into my workplace and started shooting someone up, wanted criminal or no, I'd get a bit trigger happy if I was armed...

I mean... if you just came into my workplace and started shooting someone up, wanted criminal or no, I'd get a bit trigger happy if I was armed...
Are you sure you wouldn't wait with 20 of your mates for vests, shields, negotiators, precision weapons and tactical support for an hour? ;)

Top Bottom