Let's play: design a scenery item for an animal

How it works:

1. You say you want to participate, and choose a difficulty level (easy, medium, hard)
2. I give you an animal, which may or may not be in the game, and you design a concept for up to 3 items
3. If you can draw the concept in paint it would be great.

The potential items:
1. Generic item, an item which would fit any zoo (a sign...)
2. Themed item - item themed to a culture that compliments the animal
3. Centerpiece item - an item designed to put the animal front and center in the zoo's main gate

1. Generic - a plastic elephant head sign, flexicolour
2. Themed - an elephant statue made of woven acaia sticks, of a mother cuddling a cub with her trunk.
3. Centerpiece - an elephant fountain spewing water from its trunk, standing on its hindlegs.

I think this could be a fun artistic challenge and give Frontier ideas for scenery.

Try to base the scenery on real life animal looks, region and behaviors.

The head would be the motiv of our generic sign, looking just like this in the artstyle ofthe headsigns (giraffe, jaguar, rhino, dhole, etc)
1627507535220.png

A mezoamerican mural depicting it fitting into the southamerica theme in the game

And a stature of the animal in this pose
1627507789862.png

I hope this was how it was intended

The head would be the motiv of our generic sign, looking just like this in the artstyle ofthe headsigns (giraffe, jaguar, rhino, dhole, etc)
View attachment 252992
A mezoamerican mural depicting it fitting into the southamerica theme in the game

And a stature of the animal in this pose
View attachment 252994

I hope this was how it was intended
That's great! Exactly what I intended. I did think you'd incorporate their ability to run on water

That could have been a fun statue, but i think their faceshape is to iconic and just a sitting lizard statue is more universal then a running on the hindlegs

Last edited:
Let's go with the Caracal
Let's see...

Generic item
While they're about as generic as generic items go, like with the basilisk I think a simple head sign would work best for the Caracal. After all, their head and ears are their most distinctive feature. I'd go with a hissing pose like in the stock image below.

caracal-caracal-caracal-with-hissing-mouth-open-X5R85G.jpg

Themed item
The Caracal has a very wide distribution across Africa and adjacent regions of Asia, and therefore there are a whole variety of culturally inspired themes it could be applicable to. However, given the lack of in-game animals the theme is otherwise applicable to, I'd choose for the Caracal to be integrated into the North African theme. In particular, a stone Caracal statue in a sphinx-like style similar to the one we got for the Fennec Fox.

UaYTFhd.jpg

Centrepiece item
Obviously, the only way to properly honour the Caracal would be with a huge Big Floppa billboard To represent one of the Caracal's most well known behaviours, a metal statue depicting a Caracal mid-leap propped up with thin bars.

4563036646_b559a9dd1c_b.jpg

Let's see...

Generic item
While they're about as generic as generic items go, like with the basilisk I think a simple head sign would work best for the Caracal. After all, their head and ears are their most distinctive feature. I'd go with a hissing pose like in the stock image below.

caracal-caracal-caracal-with-hissing-mouth-open-X5R85G.jpg

Themed item
The Caracal has a very wide distribution across Africa and adjacent regions of Asia, and therefore there are a whole variety of culturally inspired themes it could be applicable to. However, given the lack of in-game animals the theme is otherwise applicable to, I'd choose for the Caracal to be integrated into the North African theme. In particular, a stone Caracal statue in a sphinx-like style similar to the one we got for the Fennec Fox.

UaYTFhd.jpg

Centrepiece item
Obviously, the only way to properly honour the Caracal would be with a huge Big Floppa billboard To represent one of the Caracal's most well known behaviours, a metal statue depicting a Caracal mid-leap propped up with thin bars.

4563036646_b559a9dd1c_b.jpg
I support the big floppa billboard. I love the use of their iconic jump.

A crocodile, huh.
Always thought they would suit to be a bench. Like this, it would fit into themed category.

View attachment 253060

As a centerpiece, I suggest saltie statue, with the pose of popping out of the water.View attachment 253061
Great job! I wish they'd add the jumpibg out of water animations for them with a special enrichment.

I'm sure the Mosasaurus in JWE2 will have it, so why not the salties?

Top Bottom