ANNOUNCEMENT Life on a Fleet Carrier - Competition!

I may try this, but the installation of the Beta is huge on my PC, and I don't have enough disk space... so until I can remedy that... I would agree that one should probably wait until those who 'should' be able to play in Beta without bugs nagging them, can partake.

This would be a lot better if we had a bridge on the Carrier.
What would you do there, besides sitting in a chair hmm?
I'd think there is a bridge, but until you have a leg to stand on, it would kind of not make sense having one.

Life on a carrier ok I'll try:

"Voice log of Captain iNNovium of the FC TimeSink:

The first thing that hits you about life on a carrier, is that you can't walk around or even leave the landing bay. I'm told that the carrier is spacious, has enough room to store minerals, equipment, and ships but I wouldn't know - I've never seen it. Maybe I don't have access because I'm just... the Captain. Come to think of it, I've also never flown it either, so what am I really? Maybe a glorified NAV officer haha.

Every waking moment of your life is spent either inside a landing bay or in management windows. From time to time we jump across the vast expanse of space, while the engine's roar like a diseased cow being murdered. I suppose those engineers have found a way to use them to improve our jump range. I wonder if the cattle have a better view than I do sometimes.

Every area of the ship is locked down, they won't even let me go to the bathroom, or see the bridge. I'm trapped here sitting behind a terminal while those DEBT COLLECTORS hover around my carrier like vultures; waiting for me to miss some payments so they can swoop in to pick my ship apart. They're like the voices in my head, incessantly demanding more of my blood, sweat, and tears for something I already paid for and I... I think I'm starting to go insane.

What's this, another message?

"weekly reminder your accumulated maintenance fees total 450 million credits"

GOD F*CKING D*MNIT I told you fools I use my carrier for exploration and I refuse to mine diamonds, what in the ever-living f*ck did I pay 5 billion for if you're gonna keep pestering me week after week for more!

"I'D RATHER CRASH THIS FLYING BANKRUPTCY SIMULATOR INTO THE SUN, before I let you take it away you pieces of sh*t." - I scream out loud, yet I don't think anyone can hear me. I'd often curse at those NPC b*stards who board my carrier without spending a single credit, never buying an ounce of fuel or donating a single scrap of tritium.

Incoming Message: "Your fleet carrier will be decommissioned in 1 week unless fees are paid in full."

Son of a B*TCH this was a huge mistake... I just wanted to explore the galaxy... I thought it would be fun and not another job. I thought I could jump faster than my upgraded Sidewinder but I have only 1 jump left before I'm out of tritium again aaaaaaahhhhhHHHHHHHH! That's it, I just... I can't f*cking take it anymore...

Computer, set a direct intercept course for Betelgeuse. (computer: "warning current trajectory intersects stellar phenomena"). hushhhhhhhh, don't worry, daddy won't let them take you...

Disable safety protocols and Initiate Jump Sequence authorization yammicks_obsidian_d2ea (computer: "safety protocols disabled, course set, launch countdown initiated")

look what you made me do... (places shotgun in mouth) DECOMMISSION THIS YOU GREEDY MOTHER FUUUUUUUUUUU (shotgun fires).

end of voice log."

> 500 words exactly

Last edited:
I may try this, but the installation of the Beta is huge on my PC, and I don't have enough disk space... so until I can remedy that... I would agree that one should probably wait until those who 'should' be able to play in Beta without bugs nagging them, can partake.
You can participate without being in the beta. Just be creative and use your imagination. Not everyone will be making videos.

I'm sitting in Flimley's FC right now drinking all his beer and making a mess in his new SRV. \o/
Fantabulous and Big Maec are hogging landing pads. Apparently there is an Orca full of Aisling Smurf Dolls in the hanger.

Report beta bugs, that's what it's for, that is all. oZ

i am Still Confused as how to submit our log. It says "Official entries must be submitted to community@frontier.co.uk"
"Competition Terms and Conditions:
Official entries must be submitted to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject: 'Life On A Fleet Carrier Competition'.
This subject must also contain the entry type (Written, Video, or Other). Example: 'Life On A Fleet Carrier Competition - Video'
Valid entries must remain under 500 words or 5 minutes long where applicable. Entries where there parameters don't apply must be submitted as one material (e.g. one digital image).
All entries must be submitted by May 26 at 00:00 UTC."

Written could be the body of your email. Video or other media could be attachments.

Life on a carrier ok I'll try:

"Voice log of Captain iNNovium of the FC TimeSink:

The first thing that hits you about life on a carrier, is that you can't walk around or even leave the landing bay. I'm told that the carrier is spacious, has enough room to store minerals, equipment, and ships but I wouldn't know - I've never seen it. Maybe I don't have access because I'm just... the Captain. Come to think of it, I've also never flown it either, so what am I really? Maybe a glorified NAV officer haha.

Every waking moment of your life is spent either inside a landing bay or in management windows. From time to time we jump across the vast expanse of space, while the engine's roar like a diseased cow being murdered. I suppose those engineers have found a way to use them to improve our jump range. I wonder if the cattle have a better view than I do sometimes.

Every area of the ship is locked down, they won't even let me go to the bathroom, or see the bridge. I'm trapped here sitting behind a terminal while those DEBT COLLECTORS hover around my carrier like vultures; waiting for me to miss some payments so they can swoop in to pick my ship apart. They're like the voices in my head, incessantly demanding more of my blood, sweat, and tears for something I already paid for and I... I think I'm starting to go insane.

What's this, another message?

"weekly reminder your accumulated maintenance fees total 450 million credits"

GOD F*CKING D*MNIT I told you fools I use my carrier for exploration and I refuse to mine diamonds, what in the ever-living f*ck did I pay 5 billion for if you're gonna keep pestering me week after week for more!

"I'D RATHER CRASH THIS FLYING BANKRUPTCY SIMULATOR INTO THE SUN, before I let you take it away you pieces of sh*t." - I scream out loud, yet I don't think anyone can hear me. I'd often curse at those NPC b*stards who board my carrier without spending a single credit, never buying an ounce of fuel or donating a single scrap of tritium.

Incoming Message: "Your fleet carrier will be decommissioned in 1 week unless fees are paid in full."

Son of a B*TCH this was a huge mistake... I just wanted to explore the galaxy... I thought it would be fun and not another job. I thought I could jump faster than my upgraded Sidewinder but I have only 1 jump left before I'm out of tritium again aaaaaaahhhhhHHHHHHHH! That's it, I just... I can't f*cking take it anymore...

Computer, set a direct intercept course for Betelgeuse. (computer: "warning current trajectory intersects stellar phenomena"). hushhhhhhhh, don't worry, daddy won't let them take you...

Disable safety protocols and Initiate Jump Sequence authorization yammicks_obsidian_d2ea (computer: "safety protocols disabled, course set, launch countdown initiated")

look what you made me do... (places shotgun in mouth) DECOMMISSION THIS YOU GREEDY MOTHER FUUUUUUUUUUU (shotgun fires).

end of voice log."
LOL! If I was judging, this might win, but I doubt it will rate with Frontier judges.

We're only accepting entries via the email listed in the post :)

Can we submit Youtube links for video submissions? And should they remain unlisted until the end of the competition, or can they be made public first?

I do believe a MechanicMan video is overdue, and this is a great way to get one going! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom