ANNOUNCEMENT Life on a Fleet Carrier - Competition!

I'd love to win this as I've just worn out my third HOTAS, but I just can't bring myself to care about the game enough. I see the unnecessary UI improvements (insta-refuel/rearm etc. without entering Station Services) are still there, which will just wear out my buttons even quicker.

Can't be bothered to by a new HOTAS with the game as it is and I'm not even sure the New Era (Next Era, are they calling now?) is going to be enough to tempt me back at this point.

Certainly won't be buying another Thrustmaster, whatever happens. They just don't last.

I'd love to win this as I've just worn out my third HOTAS, but I just can't bring myself to care about the game enough. I see the unnecessary UI improvements (insta-refuel/rearm etc. without entering Station Services) are still there, which will just wear out my buttons even quicker.

Can't be bothered to by a new HOTAS with the game as it is and I'm not even sure the New Era (Next Era, are they calling now?) is going to be enough to tempt me back at this point.

Certainly won't be buying another Thrustmaster, whatever happens. They just don't last.

My Warthog has thousands of hours on it and still going strong.

So a personal log... a captains log... but from the perspective of being a FC Captain or a visiting commander?
Written in Log format?
Not a 500 word short story?

So a personal log... a captains log... but from the perspective of being a FC Captain or a visiting commander?
Written in Log format?
Not a 500 word short story?

You can write a story.

You can just make up some story if that's what your heart desires! If you want to use a Fleet Carrier in-game and don't have the 5bn, you can wait for the blowout period of the beta where they'll be going for 1,000,000 credits only towards the end.

On the same note, fitting any sort of story into 500 words or less can be troublesome. More over if you get carried away with details and still want to maintain a cohesive flow.

I'm sitting in Flimley's FC right now drinking all his beer and making a mess in his new SRV. \o/
Fantabulous and Big Maec are hogging landing pads. Apparently there is an Orca full of Aisling Smurf Dolls in the hanger.
Oh no! not the midnight black one?
if your still there gully you’ll be deep in thargoid territory by now.
Flimley

in pictures...

Tennessee_Valley_Authority_Douglas_Dam_French_Broad_River_Sevier_County_TN_man_with_jackhammer_1942.gif

I'd be highly interested in hearing the stories of players who actually enjoy the fc feature. Especially the mission part since you specifically can't take missions from a fleet carrier.

I'm pretty sure nobody likes it and for all kinds of conflicting reasons that they will never agree on.

The winning story will probably win by default... Since all the rest will be sarcastic entrants. The reviewing will be harsh.

I really understand that sentiment. There is plenty of differing opinions on either side of the argument for or against fleet carriers. My entry was made from the point of view of an imperial Duke who because there was no other reason, was forced to book passage on a fleet carrier.

The role-play aspects aside, I believe that some good can come of fleet carriers. There is already work being done to make the galaxy a slightly smaller place by providing rest stops for weary explorers.

I also enjoy the fact that we players have been asked to be creative and since a lot of us have plenty of time on our hands, why not take a few Hours, and write a short story or make a short video.
Not everything has to be negative.

View attachment 173056

Greetings Commanders!

Want the chance to win a X52 Pro HOTAS control system and ARX packs? Make sure to enter our "Life on a Fleet Carrier" competition!
With the beta now currently underway, we want to see your personal logs of life aboard these giant vessels. We want to see what life is like either as a commander at the helm of a Fleet Carrier, or as a guest embarking on missions from your new mobile base of operations. All mediums are welcome, including written reports, videos, songs or even something entirely different!
The competition will be split into three categories with one winner and two runners up from each:
  • Written logs
  • Video logs
  • Other
The top entries from each will receive a 25,500 ARX Pack with second and third place each receiving 8,400 ARX Packs. In addition - the community team's favourite entry across all categories will win a HOTAS controller to explore the galaxy with!
We can't wait to see what you create!
Competition Terms and Conditions:
  • Official entries must be submitted to community@frontier.co.uk with the subject: 'Life On A Fleet Carrier Competition'.
  • This subject must also contain the entry type (Written, Video, or Other). Example: 'Life On A Fleet Carrier Competition - Video'
  • Valid entries must remain under 500 words or 5 minutes long where applicable. Entries where there parameters don't apply must be submitted as one material (e.g. one digital image).
  • All entries must be submitted by May 26 at 00:00 UTC.
  • Frontier have the right to remove any entry at their sole discretion.
  • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.
  • Winners will be contacted by the Frontier Community Team via email.
  • Winners have 7 days to respond and claim their prize; if no response has been received after 7 days, another winner will be selected.
  • Frontier employees and relatives are excluded from participating in the event.
  • Frontier reserve the right to exchange any prize for a prize of similar value.
  • Frontier have the final say on the winner and prizes of the event.
Good luck on your mission, Commanders!
What if my main entry was in image form accompanied by writing? Would that be Written or Other?

Life on a carrier ok I'll try:

"Voice log of Captain iNNovium of the FC TimeSink:

The first thing that hits you about life on a carrier, is that you can't walk around or even leave the landing bay. I'm told that the carrier is spacious, has enough room to store minerals, equipment, and ships but I wouldn't know - I've never seen it. Maybe I don't have access because I'm just... the Captain. Come to think of it, I've also never flown it either, so what am I really? Maybe a glorified NAV officer haha.

Every waking moment of your life is spent either inside a landing bay or in management windows. From time to time we jump across the vast expanse of space, while the engine's roar like a diseased cow being murdered. I suppose those engineers have found a way to use them to improve our jump range. I wonder if the cattle have a better view than I do sometimes.

Every area of the ship is locked down, they won't even let me go to the bathroom, or see the bridge. I'm trapped here sitting behind a terminal while those DEBT COLLECTORS hover around my carrier like vultures; waiting for me to miss some payments so they can swoop in to pick my ship apart. They're like the voices in my head, incessantly demanding more of my blood, sweat, and tears for something I already paid for and I... I think I'm starting to go insane.

What's this, another message?

"weekly reminder your accumulated maintenance fees total 450 million credits"

GOD F*CKING D*MNIT I told you fools I use my carrier for exploration and I refuse to mine diamonds, what in the ever-living f*ck did I pay 5 billion for if you're gonna keep pestering me week after week for more!

"I'D RATHER CRASH THIS FLYING BANKRUPTCY SIMULATOR INTO THE SUN, before I let you take it away you pieces of sh*t." - I scream out loud, yet I don't think anyone can hear me. I'd often curse at those NPC b*stards who board my carrier without spending a single credit, never buying an ounce of fuel or donating a single scrap of tritium.

Incoming Message: "Your fleet carrier will be decommissioned in 1 week unless fees are paid in full."

Son of a B*TCH this was a huge mistake... I just wanted to explore the galaxy... I thought it would be fun and not another job. I thought I could jump faster than my upgraded Sidewinder but I have only 1 jump left before I'm out of tritium again aaaaaaahhhhhHHHHHHHH! That's it, I just... I can't f*cking take it anymore...

Computer, set a direct intercept course for Betelgeuse. (computer: "warning current trajectory intersects stellar phenomena"). hushhhhhhhh, don't worry, daddy won't let them take you...

Disable safety protocols and Initiate Jump Sequence authorization yammicks_obsidian_d2ea (computer: "safety protocols disabled, course set, launch countdown initiated")

look what you made me do... (places shotgun in mouth) DECOMMISSION THIS YOU GREEDY MOTHER FUUUUUUUUUUU (shotgun fires).

end of voice log."

Rather crude...
But i guess that's what happens when you buy something without reading the terms of the sale contract.
I hoped that people of 3306 would be more literate, but well... apparently not

I am looking forward to seeing everyone's entries after the competition ends. I hope there are some good stories.

Top Bottom