PvP Life support integrity?

Does it have anything to do with canopy durability (shared integrity)? I go lightweight all the way on A rated life support does it mean the canopy will become more susceptible to damage and be like "paper thin". Is there any way to make the canopy more durable?

I assume Life Support is directly related to the canopy. I reinforce the Life Support (grade D) on all of my combat ships just in case: "Misc Reinforced". This is an engineering mod you can upgrade up to grade 4 (integrity +240%) from Lori Jameson. I hope someone that knows for sure will come along and either confirm or correct this assumption.

Life support integrity is the health pool for the life support module. If your life support goes offline or is destroyed, your emergency oxygen will be released. It has nothing to do with the canopy integrity afaik. The only way to "toughen up" your canopy is with module reinforcements, and repairing it with afmu when it's still up

Life support integrity is the health pool for the life support module. If your life support goes offline or is destroyed, your emergency oxygen will be released. It has nothing to do with the canopy integrity afaik. The only way to "toughen up" your canopy is with module reinforcements, and repairing it with afmu when it's still up

That makes sense. Ever since I started adding MRP I've never lost my canopy and that was way before I started reinforcing life support.

Life support integrity is the health pool for the life support module. If your life support goes offline or is destroyed, your emergency oxygen will be released. It has nothing to do with the canopy integrity afaik.

Yes.

The only way to "toughen up" your canopy is with module reinforcements, and repairing it with afmu when it's still up

Hull resistance values help as well, except against absolute damage, of course.

The Replicated Man

T

This^^

It is also important to note that if your life support module is taken out in a fight, you can't launch any more fighters. I usually go for the armored varient that increases mass, not power draw.

This really only applies if you are using a ship with fighters lol

I though that once the canopy is broken, "killing" of the life suppor player results in certain death due to damage of a critical system

The Replicated Man

T
I though that once the canopy is broken, "killing" of the life suppor player results in certain death due to damage of a critical system

No that doesn't work that way. However, if your shields go down and an enemy takes out your power plant with railguns, you may explode before your hull reaches zero.

As far as I am aware IF your life support is taken out, your ship will revert to emergency oxygen. Same goes for a canopy breach

Top Bottom