News Lifetime Expansion Pass Holders - Update!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The issue I have with the people who say they haven't received what they paid for with the LEP is that so often they don't use the word 'yet'.
The game has not reached the end of its life and we know that there is at least one paid update due so it is far to soon for to claim that you have been short changed.

It was a lifetime pass not a 4 year pass.

Oh absolutely, and in that sense I totally get people wanting that stuff. Especially given the way things were marketed during the KS (so first wave LEP). But if you got all that, would you care if some of those things were given for free to everyone?
But it's not likely to happen is it? Frontier have already indicated that the 2020 vision (;)) will require payment, so the question is null and void. It's one of the few things we do know about the next DLC.

But it's not likely to happen is it? Frontier have already indicated that the 2020 vision (;)) will require payment, so the question is null and void.

The issue a LEP'er raised was that carriers might be a free update before 2020, rather than part of the paid expansion, and that the 'executive large ships' were originally given as an example of a possible paid-for expansion. I personally couldn't care less (hey, the sooner stuff gets here the cheaper, the better it is for most!) but apparantly some do mind.

The issue a LEP'er raised was that carriers might be a free update before 2020, rather than part of the paid expansion
I believe Frontier have indicated that the carriers will not be put into paid content, so there shouldn't be any doubt :)
When the carriers were supposed to be a part of Beyond I had no problem with no extra charge for them, so I have no problem now. Others may have other views.

Last edited:
again with this lepers thing.

You got a cobra mkiv that other players cannot have, free horizons, free paintjobs, you will get free 2020 new era, stop this childish i want moar ice cream mommy farce.
These things aren't free. They're paid for in advance. And so far at any rate, it would have been much more cost effective to not get the LEP – Horizons LEPs would need a few more "premium" expansions worth yet to make them cost effective. The paint jobs on the other hand were free, as they're a sort of bonus apology from Frontier for taking so long with the content that was actually paid for. The Cobra Mk IV was included with pre-orders of Horizons, not an LEP exclusive.

I bought Horizons months after it was released, and the day after I finally bought it, it went on sale for 20% or 30% less.
Roll the dice, take your chances.
Keep in mind that Horizons ("Elite Dangerous: Horizons") initially included Elite: Dangerous with its purchase, or had a 10 GBP or 15 USD discount to buy it as an add-on to an already existing Elite: Dangerous account instead. They did change over Horizons to being an expansion DLC season later though which didn't include Elite: Dangerous, and dropped the price then. I stopped really keeping track of the price after that, but it seems reasonable that it would have dropped more later on as well.

Last edited:
Assuming I live long enough to enjoy them (and if in the off chance I don't, it's kind of a moot point as far as I am concerned anyway), I'm fine with Frontier taking longer to release for sale more feature rich and complete expansions than seasons of ongoing updates, as seems to have been indicated.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the market is like for the game now with it getting on a few more years in age since the release of the last (and coincidentally, first) paid for expansion.

YMMV o7

Last edited:
You got a cobra mkiv that other players cannot have, free horizons, free paintjobs, you will get free 2020 new era, stop this childish i want moar ice cream mommy farce.
A ship many won't touch to begin with, Horizon wasn't free - we paid for it, about 6 times the price of it, the gleam paint jobs are not to everyone's taste and the bobble heads were tacky AF. And no, the 2020 is not free either - WE PAID FOR IT!!!

A ship many won't touch to begin with, Horizon wasn't free - we paid for it, about 6 times the price of it, the gleam paint jobs are not to everyone's taste and the bobble heads were tacky AF. And no, the 2020 is not free either - WE PAID FOR IT!!!

i think what he means (in a rather unpolite way) is that you got scammed and should get over it already. hth :)

I believe Frontier have indicated that the carriers will not be put into paid content, so there shouldn't be any doubt :)
When the carriers were supposed to be a part of Beyond I had no problem with no extra charge for them, so I have no problem now. Others may have other views.
Frontier also indicated a much faster pace of content rollout, yet here we are, still waiting.
So I wouldn't be surprised if the tack it on to paid content because why not?!

Scammed is a strong word for this, but let's call it "very underwhelming compensation in exchange for what was promised".

just for dramatic effect ;-)

of course i can't say it's a scam, but indeed it looks like a very bad investment for now. unless there is a strong change in tendency i will get all the content leppers will have at a fraction of the cost.

(i count stuff going on sale on this. granted, leppers will enjoy it a few months sooner than me ... and be so kind to iron out all the bugs for me!)

Your reply shows that lepers like you will never be satisfied until their pay to win dream comes true.
It has nothing to do with pay to win. It has to do with "Deliver what was paid for".

Here is an analogy for you:
A restaurant opens, and you are given the option:
- Buy a meal now, pay $20
or
- buy the menu, pay $100, you get one meal now, and any subsequent meal we release on the menu at a later stage.

So you pay the $100, thinking this restaurant has potential, and you come checking back every day. You are hungry, but the menu items you paid for just aren't being cooked. Every time you ask, you get no answer. You got a Thank you card for Xmas and some table decor, but that's it.

Did you eat? Are you still hungry?
Wouldn't you wish you just have bought the meal for $20 at the time and spend the $80 somewhere else?

It has nothing to do with winning. It is about "I paid for something that was promised and not delivered".

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
It has nothing to do with pay to win. It has to do with "Deliver what was paid for".

or
- buy the menu, pay $100, you get one meal now, and any subsequent meal we release on the menu at a later stage.

So you pay the $100, thinking this restaurant has potential, and you come checking back every day. You are hungry, but the menu items you paid for just aren't being cooked. Every time you ask, you get no answer. You got a Thank you card for Xmas and some table decor, but that's it.

Wouldn't you wish you just have bought the meal for $20 at the time and spend the $80 somewhere else?

It has nothing to do with winning. It is about "I paid for something that was promised and not delivered".

Accurate. Let's not forget it's been 5 years since the release already AND that we haven't got a slightest clue how much more content we're going to get.

I'm in the £100 boat (Premium Beta 2). And after 5 years all I got is a product worth £40: Base Game + (Horizons+Beyond).

That's a 60 quid hole in my wallet so far...

Gosh there's a lot of activity in here! We should move this discussion to Dangerous...

I've spent 7 weeks or so eating the three courses of ED I've had so far (Alpha to launch - launch to Horizons - Horizons to now). Been happy with it, so money may not be the only yardstick to use.

:D S

or

then why the argument "a ship that many wont touch to begin with"?

lep is about receiving updates for free, that was promised and delivered with horizons. And will be delivered with the new era onwards. Your arguments are all to leverage more benefits, a bit like a beggar asking for a discount in your aforementioned reataurant.
You will get your value by not paying future updates. Be thankful fd gave you paintjobs for free in addition to it instead.
[/QUOTE]
1. It's an obsolete ship. Why would I want to fly around in that MK4 thing if I can have better ships? I want combat? Conda or Corvette. Any day. Passenger? Got Beluga and an Orca at my disposal. Exploration? AspX or Anaconda again. So really, what purpose does that ship has, where I'd say "Wow! I'm so lucky to have that ship at my disposal that I can't do without"? It doesn't fill any niche that isn't better covered by other ships.

2. And you are not getting any "updates for free". We already paid for it, 5 times the value of any expansion pack. "Free" would be the 6th expansion pack.

Yes cobra mkiv is not a better than other ships pay to win asset. Rightfully.
Still it is great for what it was designed. Be grateful.

People who did not pay lep have to pay for the upcoming big update and had to pay for black paintjobs and horizons. You leper don`t. It`s that easy really, be grateful.

Why do you keep talking about the Cobra MkIV? It was a Horizons pre-order perk not an LEP specific thing. Same with the black friday paint pack & the gold AspX.

People who didn't buy an LEP will choose whether to pay for the next update, people who bought an LEP already paid.

It sure would be nice if FDev would clarify this stuff.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom