News Lifetime Expansion Pass Holders - Update!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
To make a point, that in reality complaining lepers are just trying to get more than promised.

Then you are making a point the actual customers who bought the LEP shouldn't be making, and I'm not sure that anyone actually is.

It is confusing, partly because it was so long ago now, partly because it wasn't entirely obvious to those that bought it what was actually being sold. The description was very much open-ended and ambiguous, and that forms part of the frustration.

The LEP entitles the customer to all future premium updates at no extra cost, nothing else. By way of an apology for the delay at the end of last year LEPers were given some free cosmetics, which I believe are not exclusive. The Horizons pre-order stuff (and Horizons Beta access) were included in the LEP because of the timing of the orders. I had the choice between paying for just the Horizons beta pack, Just Horizons or the Lifetime Expansion Pass. For all three options I was entitled to a £10 discount because I already owned the base game, I don't remember the exact details but the base game was included in all three options but already owning the base game (which I bought for £39.99 in January 2015) made a difference, possibly that was what got me the Cobra MkIV or the Gold AspX, I don't remember.

It certainly would be nice if someone from FDev could helpfully contribute by clarifying this stuff.

On the other hand, paid for expansions that were already paid for actually materializing would be rather nice for those who already paid for them.

To be fair, it is a strange age in which we live where people buy things that don't actually exist yet and with no guarantee beyond good intentions that they ever will.

Last edited:
On the other hand, paid for expansions that were already paid for actually materializing would be rather nice for those who already paid for them.

To be fair, it is a strange age in which we live where people buy things that don't actually exist yet and with no guarantee beyond good intentions that they ever will.
Which is why I tend not to...
Signed: Old fart with a memory of the past (y)

I honestly can't believe what i'm reading from some of you. It's a con, i haven't had a freebie for months now etc. LEP owners, me included don't have to pay for anything ok? Basically any addon is free, be it now or in a year. We get thrown a bone occasionally, sometimes useful sometimes not, either way we get thrown something. While I agree with a number of posts here about new content taking a while to roll out, the point being when any new content finally arrives in the shape of a new chapter, LEP owners won't be paying for it. I'm happy with that. I feel my initial £90 investment is safe. I just wish FD sorted bugs out with a bit more zeal than they do.

As a non LEPer who bought both ED, Horizons and other stuff full-price back then, I hereby wish to humbly express my sincere gratitude to those who paid the game for me. Wish I had taken the kairós to get me a Lifetime Entitlement Pass too, but as it stands, second class citizen it is for me.

O7,
🙃

I've got my LEP as part of my DDF Kickstarter pledge. I think when they were originally offered, they were planning that there would be a lot more updates than there actually turned out to be (for whatever reason). I'm quite patient about the LEP because the main reason I put the money in was to show support for the game during the kickstarter and to make a contribution to the development process via thew DDF. After all game development takes time.

Personally, I'm more annoyed that what ever the rewards were to be part of the DDF were never realised (we were allowed to guide what happen between the Empire and Federation in the Pleiades). It's the only regret I do have with Elite: Dangerous is upping my pledge from Alpha to DDF shortly before FDev seemed to abandon it.

c'est la vie

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
see? comparing horizons value to lep is one such attempt to beg for benefits you are not entitled to.

You will get your value by not paying future updates. Be thankful fd gave you paintjobs for free in addition to it instead.

Can you quote the part where I beg for anything please? I'm just disappointed that after 5 years (!) of development I'm still worse off compared to if I bought the game as separate products.

Try reading with understanding next time? Like this gentleman here:

Spot on.

Personally I've had A LOT of trust in Frontier back in a day and was convinced they can deliver.

Not much of that trust is left currently though...

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
You are not worse off, you still have lifetime free updates. Many vocal lepers use the fact that fdevs are taking a lot of time as an excuse to entitle yourself of other things not in the original deal. That is akin to begging to me.

Again, where did I say I'm entitled to anything extra? That's just your interpretation of my words and it's entirely incorrect.

At this point in time - I am worse off. I paid a 100 quid for something that currently costs 40. I don't know if the 2020 release will happen. I don't know what other expansions are planned after that. Considering the above and three fact it's been 5 years and Elite is what it is - I feel disappointed.

That's all.

Its funny after horizons release , we never heard or seen Braben and Brooks again in updates where they would awnser questions.
In particular when horizons was ment to be a 1 year season (Q1 engineers , Q2 guardian, Q3 multicrew and december a big surprise), and engineers got delayed 3 months , the guardian update took another 6 months , multicrew another 9 months and the big surprise for december.

then they stopped the season model in 2016 Early beta testing for backers and LEP holders was canceld after negative feedback on the engineers and CGs that burned out people ..
Then beta testing was open to every one "Backers will still get to Beta test 1 week early before open beta is released" that was realy short lived as there hasnt been a backer exclusive period of testing.

In short 2/3rds of what the backers and LEP holders bought in to at that stage has been removed or canceld in 2016.
We can conclude that frontier wants to kill this game as soon as posible by freezing content and wait for every one to give up.

We can conclude that frontier wants to kill this game as soon as posible by freezing content and wait for every one to give up.

Freezing Content?
You mean apart from the 2020 update (which LEP owners get for free) and the ongoing (if smaller than the previous) 3-4 month updates and Interstellar Initiatives?

EDIT :
You mean apart from the 2020 update (which LEP owners get for no extra cost) and the ongoing (if smaller than the previous) 3-4 month updates and Interstellar Initiatives?

#What_have_the_devs_ever_done_for_us?

Last edited:
Not "we", only "you".

Also, the quoted text is the most silly statement I've read on the forums this year so far :D

Well, you might ask him whether it is true or not that he joined us in September 2017 and was new to the game and the forums then (by his own account). Given the time span involved, I sincerely doubt he is either a backer or a LEP holder until proven otherwise. Complaining just for the sake of complaining? Maybe, but you can rightfully complain only about things that affect you at all. YMMV.

#angryghost

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Maybe, but you can rightfully complain only about things that affect you at all. YMMV.

I disagree. For example, while I dont have a LEP, if FD would come out tomorrow and say:"Haha lol, from now on we wont release DLC anymore but 'premium content packages' which are not included in the LEP." I will most certainly complain about that on general principle.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom