News Lifetime Expansion Pass Holders - Update!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Most probably you are just upset because you have to accept the truth that many lepers try to snitch some advantages with exaggerate complaints and feel the need to call me a troll to ignore it.
They could just ask for their "God-like powers" which actually were promised...

Ah yes. I forgot they costed more at release, so you are correct. I'm somewhat less disappointed now.

Still, I hoped for more major expansion packs to be released after 5 years.
Looking forward to a few more premium expansions myself, sitting with the purchase of ED and the Horizons pre-order LEP. We'll see how it pans out. A few years on the entrails are looking a bit decomposed though. :unsure:

It was £30 or £35 for LEP first time round, I just paid for extra stuff like the polo shirt, map, npc named after me etc. If I'd just kept with the LEP then I've still got my money's worth. Later pricing maybe not, but as I said earlier, any updates are free for LEP owners. I'm sure the content will come...eventually.
I paid £100 for Elite with the LEP via Premium Beta. I got Beta and the LEP and nothing else for that. I'm not moaning about it but for some reason I've been bombarded with notifications on this tread.

I loved Elite as a kid and a teenager so was more than happy to pay £100 to inject some cash into this project and help it be all it could. That is not what has happened, they used the money to develop their business not Elite. It is absolutely bloody obvious they did that (before people wade in to deny it) and that strategy may well pay off for the health of the game in the long term (and I hope it will). But knowing what I know now I feel FDEV asking people to buy shares would have been a more honest strategy.

The LEP was unintentionally dishonest. I regret buying it and FDEV should feel bad for selling it.

Not "we", only "you".

Also, the quoted text is the most silly statement I've read on the forums this year so far :D
What only me , there are so many smoke blowers and brown ring kissers that think that frontier is doing great , a shame the ranks are no longer visible , you can realy see the brown ring smoke blowers. All have the elite rankings.

Frontier is just killing het game slowly , the rats already left the ship.
Well, you might ask him whether it is true or not that he joined us in September 2017 and was new to the game and the forums then (by his own account). Given the time span involved, I sincerely doubt he is either a backer or a LEP holder until proven otherwise. Complaining just for the sake of complaining? Maybe, but you can rightfully complain only about things that affect you at all. YMMV.

#angryghost

O7,
🙃
Or i am one of the backers that removed his old forrum acount in 2015 . And i have every right to complaine , due to the fact frontier did not deliver on the features and percs that came with the game version during alpha premium beta sales. And even removed large parts of it.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Or i am one of the backers that removed his old forrum acount in 2015 . And i have every right to complaine , due to the fact frontier did not deliver on the features and percs that came with the game version during alpha premium beta sales. And even removed large parts of it.
There's a difference between complaining or criticising constructively and making stuff up while calling people names though.

Most probably you are just upset because you have to accept the truth that many lepers try to snitch some advantages with exaggerate complaints and feel the need to call me a troll to ignore it.
No not upset at all.

My main problem with some of the LEP owners is that they are ignoring the word yet, I can sympathise with the fact that they expected their investment to have broken even by now, but until either they or the game are officially dead there is no way of knowing how good the investment was.

What only me , there are so many smoke blowers and brown ring kissers that think that frontier is doing great , a shame the ranks are no longer visible , you can realy see the brown ring smoke blowers. All have the elite rankings.
Shame that you will have to come up with some other way of judging peoples attitudes than the number of posts they wrote, the other scoring system the green blocks was just likes and is effectively still here.

#angryghost confirmed. You didn't invest anything before 2017. Entitled? Wonder why you are still here at all.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
No not upset at all.

My main problem with some of the LEP owners is that they are ignoring the word yet, I can sympathise with the fact that they expected their investment to have broken even by now, but until either they or the game are officially dead there is no way of knowing how good the investment was.
Yes, and do not forget to consider the inflation rate of the economy for several years, and also the investments in computer equipment and the electricity bills and ...

:)

I bought Horizons months after it was released, and the day after I finally bought it, it went on sale for 20% or 30% less.
Roll the dice, take your chances.
I have an absolute gift, nay, a real talent at purchasing video games a few days or weeks before they go on sale. I paid full price for Ark Survival Explorers edition. The following week it went on sale for something like 40% off. I purchased Surviving Mars a few weeks ago on XBox. Not only has it now gone on sale but it’s now included in XBox Pass, which I have. I know there are some people that get upset when that happens and they kick off about it, but, as you say, you roll the dice and take your chances. :)

I chuckle when people use the word investment when they buy a videogame.
Yeah, it's a financial term that some people use too loosely. (Not just on video games.) If there's no possibility of return on it, then it's not an investment.
For example: if I had bought FDEV shares back then, that would have been an investment. (A decent one, to boot.) The lifetime expansion pass was a purchase.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
They can make good on the LEP in two ways, they can supply the product (their stated, if protracted intention) or offer to reimburse the customers not happy to accept the changed timescale. No hard feelings, the plan changed & it just didn't work out.
What LEP changed timescale?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom