News Lifetime Expansion Pass Holders - Update!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
One of the perks the LEP holders bought in to was BETA testing for ALL future updates and not to mention all Kickstarter, alpha and premium Beta backers.
That one went out of the window realy quick .
since i think engineers that was open to every one and Lep pas holders got 1 week early acces it hasnt been seen again. Just a few random beta tests open to all.

This is a bit of consumer isue as it was one of the features of the LEP, as it now stands they try to avoid every thing with some paintjobs and bubble heads no one would buy in the first place.

This is a bit of consumer isue as it was one of the features of the LEP, as it now stands they try to avoid every thing with some paintjobs and bubble heads no one would buy in the first place.

Those paintjobs are pretty nice, I agree on the bobbleheads though. The apology that went with it meant more to me than the free stuff.

The only perk I am aware of for LEP was the ability to sit at the front on Frontier Expo 17. Ed is only small so those in the cheap seats could hear but not always see what was happening.

Beyond that, I think that the LEP ship has sailed. I would guess that a high, and getting higher, install base of Commanders do not have the LEP and as such mean that Frontier can no longer provide something specifically for them.

It couldn't be a bespoke ship or ship component as that would be deemed pay-to-win. (even if the ship was pants)
It couldn't (officially) be a free update DLC as Frontier has already stated that their roll-out of subsequent updates has changed since when they originally advertised LEP.
(They could do it via purchase and then credit voucher to the email address 'off-the-books' of the LEP commanders but if it was correctly handled and word got out then it would generate a large amount of Non-LEP owning salt. This could potentially hit the share price and therefore wouldn't be sanctioned as an offering.)
It couldn't be anything except cosmetic. Acceptable to non LEP but not acceptable to some of the louder LEP owners. I think that LEP owners (like PS4 Commanders wanting the Cobra MkIV) have to face facts that nothing is coming.

Beyond that, I think that the LEP ship has sailed. I would guess that a high, and getting higher, install base of Commanders do not have the LEP and as such mean that Frontier can no longer provide something specifically for them.
Frontier don't have to provide anything specifically for LEP holders, just not charge us when the next paid release comes along (and access to the beta of course).

Hmm, I wonder. Are Frontier more concerned by those having the occasional moan about the LEP or those suggesting they're running an unregulated gambling site? Hmm :)

Last edited:
Frontier don't have to provide anything special for LEP holders, just not charge us when the next paid release comes along (and access to the beta of course).

Hmm, I wonder. Are Frontier more concerned by those having the occasional moan about the LEP or those suggeting they're running an unregulated gambling site? Hmm :)

It should be banned in Belgium - LOL

Not everybody paid full price for the LEP. I optioned it during the Kickstarter campaign and as such only paid about 40 pounds extra for the LEP. So in my case I already got my moneys worth with the Horizons and Beyond updates. YMMV.

And by the way, the only thing the LEP promised was that all future updates for Elite Dangerous would be given to you free of charge, nowhere did it state when updates would be released. Updates take time to make, so badgering the developers because you feel you are entitled to new updates NOW is very disingenuous.
1. Beyond was not paid. You only for Horizons as part of your LEP.

2. People, stop saying "free for LEP"! It's not FREE. We paid for it in advance. If anything, it's part of what we paid for, but it's NOT FREE.

I wouldnt like frontier to be my car dealer , when you buy a car with a complete maintenance and servicing contract, and after a few years they decide to replace your brake fluid but bleeding and testing of the brakes is no longer part of you servicing contract . things could get ugly not to mention a big disapointment when you try to stop at a primary school road crossing.

again with this lepers thing.

You got a cobra mkiv that other players cannot have, free horizons, free paintjobs, you will get free 2020 new era, stop this childish i want moar ice cream mommy farce.

Cobra Mk4 wasn't to do with the LEP, it was for anyone who bought the game before horizons came out.

Horizons wasn't free, it was part of the price of the LEP.

The paint jobs were Frontier literally saying sorry for not fullfilling it as they had hoped to (stuff happens in game dev) and I'm unsure if any LEP holders were very interested in some paint jobs - unless you are talking about "black friday" ones, which again, were not the LEP, it was just a promotion anyone could get in on at the time.

2020 stuff aint free either, it's been (over) paid for in the price of the LEP (I'm assuming the over 100 pouinds LEP)

At the moment, some people have paid 120 pounds, for an expansion which was about 30/40 pounds. I think it's understandable they ask what else they are getting, to say it isn't seems a little unreasonable.

I also think some people have what the LEP is, confused. It doesn't grant anything unique, it gives LEP holders nothing anyone else couldn't get - it simply means they have pre-ordered everything the game ever releases - just in one go, a long time ago.

I'm also not entirely sure that insulting people with insinuations they are childish is going to get you much of a reasoned debate or response, however, I tried my best.

Indeed they are, however, from the communications thus far, this appears to now be a free thing, meaning that the value of the LEP went down by some unspecified amount.

So if FD delivered what they planned to do, and you get all of it with your LEP, you would still be unhappy if other people got part of it for free? I hope I got that wrong. :p

"Darn, I got everything I wanted for the price I wanted to pay, but apparantly some kids can enjoy it too!"

Asking "What do I get for my money?" is one thing, but if some would genuinely only find enjoyment in knowing others have to pay additionally for something (and maybe be unable to afford it at all) seems... depressing.

who cares, lepers got enough and still complain

Ok, I can see the fruitfullness of this conversation crystalising before my eyes.
Have a good one.

So if FD delivered what they planned to do, and you get all of it with your LEP, you would still be unhappy if other people got part of it for free? I hope I got that wrong. :p

If FD delivered everything else in the roadmap LEP purchasers were sold in good faith, for free, then that means paying that money was pointless - they could have just bought horizons and saved 80 pounds.

I'm unsure how you could think people might not be annoyed they paid for something that was actually free.

Of course, someone with a LEP may still be happy people got free stuff - but they paid money for something that was supposed to have a value, if that value is then removed, surely you could understand someone being somewhat annoyed about that?

If FD delivered everything else in the roadmap LEP purchasers were sold in good faith, for free, then that means paying that money was pointless - they could have just bought horizons and saved 80 pounds.

I'm unsure how you could think people might not be annoyed they paid for something that was actually free.

Of course, someone with a LEP may still be happy people got free stuff - but they paid money for something that was supposed to have a value, if that value is then removed, surely you could understand someone being somewhat annoyed about that?

I can understand it, but I find it incredibly petty. Do you also get upset when you hear someone booked a flight on your plane for less than you paid? Being annoyed, after getting what you wanted for the price you were willing to pay, only because other people got a lucky break is just... so depressing.

I can understand it, but I find it incredibly petty. Do you also get upset when you hear someone booked a flight on your plane for less than you paid? Being annoyed, after getting what you wanted for the price you were willing to pay, only because other people got a lucky break is just... so depressing.
Regardless of what others have paid, I haven't got what I paid for (yet), atmospheric planet landing, flying in gas giant atmosphere, ship damage models, walking around ships and stations, macOS client, etc.

Regardless of what others have paid, I haven't got what I paid for (yet), atmospheric planet landing, flying in gas giant atmosphere, ship damage models, walking around ships and stations, macOS client, etc.

Oh absolutely, and in that sense I totally get people wanting that stuff. Especially given the way things were marketed during the KS (so first wave LEP). But if you got all that, would you care if some of those things were given for free to everyone?

I bought Horizons months after it was released, and the day after I finally bought it, it went on sale for 20% or 30% less.
Roll the dice, take your chances.

The issue with the LEP unredeemed value is not the early adopter tax. Although FDev could use that tactic to consume the remaining value it would come across as cynical after this long.

Ian Skippy, I think you clearly understand the situation & are just trying to wind people up. The thread will die down more quickly without your pot-stirring :)

The issue with the LEP unredeemed value is not the early adopter tax. Although FDev could use that tactic to consume the remaining value it would come across as cynical after this long.

Ian Skippy, I think you clearly understand the situation & are just trying to wind people up. The thread will die down more quickly without your pot-stirring :)
I know what it's about, it's about utility.
The complainers perceive that their value for money has not been met, and that comms from FD are down.
The Comms issue is standard for this company.
The utility is an individual assessment. If there had been 3 paid updates by now, there would still be people complaining.

You do seem to forget as well as the LEP's being disappointed to date that FDev themselves are not happy with the way LEP program has panned out, which is why they offered the additional stuff (snowflakes etc..) as a sweetner/placeholder.

I hope they (FDev) do make good on peoples perception of the LEP program as it would go a long way to restoring the aggrieved LEPers confidence/faith in their ability to deliver, communication would be a good start. I don't believe for one minute FDev are thinking along the lines of "well they (LEPers) bought into the gamble and they lost out, tough on them" at least I hope not.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom