News Lifetime Expansion Pass Holders - Update!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
They can make good on the LEP in two ways, they can supply the product (their stated, if protracted intention) or offer to reimburse the customers not happy to accept the changed timescale. No hard feelings, the plan changed & it just didn't work out.

Instead the only info we have is a result of customers chasing up progress, and the majority of the bitterness is in the mind of other customers. I have spoken to FDev in person about this, they were extremely conciliatory and apologetic. They don't see it as a lottery ticket at all.

Since you got Horizons on your LEP, there is no way you can justify getting a refund. Unless of course you also hand back Horizons and take a cut on your refund for all the time that you were able to enjoy Horizons.

Again, where did I say I'm entitled to anything extra? That's just your interpretation of my words and it's entirely incorrect.

At this point in time - I am worse off. I paid a 100 quid for something that currently costs 40. I don't know if the 2020 release will happen. I don't know what other expansions are planned after that. Considering the above and three fact it's been 5 years and Elite is what it is - I feel disappointed.

That's all.
But you can't use the prices as they stand today as representative for the value you've received. Since you got both parts of the current Elite Dangerous sides (E:D and Horizons) at release, you would have paid the price they were going for at release. Which is 40 pounds for E:D + 30 pounds for Horizons, totalling 70 pounds. So if the next DLC costs more than 30 pounds, you've already saved money.

And can we please stop saying that LEP owners get DLC for free. We get it at no additional cost, which is not the same as free.

I disagree. For example, while I dont have a LEP, if FD would come out tomorrow and say:"Haha lol, from now on we wont release DLC anymore but 'premium content packages' which are not included in the LEP." I will most certainly complain about that on general principle.

Not in court.

O7,
🙃

snip … (which LEP owners get for free) … snip

Sorry to quote you, no personal pun intended, but...

can we all please agree on the term "which LEP owners get without further payment", or anything similar to that ?

They/we all pre-paid for further content but until today all LEP owners are short of getting expansions/DLCs in at least the value what they paid for, even those who bought it during the KS period for about 50(?) Pounds.
And especially not all those who took the 2nd opportunity later on, around the release of Horizons, paying around 150 Pounds for the LEP (depends on whether they had bought Horizons before or after getting the LEP, didn't look up the exact price tags in BP as I paid in €...)

So all of us are more or less far away from getting anything "for free" here...

My 2 cent...

Edit/P.S.: lol Ninja'd… :D I'm typing too slow...

can we all please agree on the term "which LEP owners get without further payment", or anything similar to that ?

They/we all pre-paid for further content but until today all LEP owners are short of getting expansions/DLCs in at least the value what they paid for, even those who bought it during the KS period for about 50(?) Pounds.
And especially not all those who took the 2nd opportunity later on, around the release of Horizons, paying around 150 Pounds for the LEP (depends on whether they had bought Horizons before or after getting the LEP, didn't look up the exact price tags in BP as I paid in €...)

My 2 cent...

Right Right, you're correct about the Free thing;

But the orginal point still stands, they're not putting the game into Maintenance mode until 2020

My 2 cent...

First round was IIRC 30 quid.

Since you got Horizons on your LEP, there is no way you can justify getting a refund. Unless of course you also hand back Horizons and take a cut on your refund for all the time that you were able to enjoy Horizons.

Any refund would be for the value not redeemed. I bought the LEP instead of buying the Horizons or Horizons Beta DLC. I did explain this earlier in the thread:
I had the choice between paying for just the Horizons beta pack, Just Horizons or the Lifetime Expansion Pass. For all three options I was entitled to a £10 discount because I already owned the base game, I don't remember the exact details but the base game was included in all three options but already owning the base game (which I bought for £39.99 in January 2015) made a difference, possibly that was what got me the Cobra MkIV or the Gold AspX, I don't remember.

It was £30 or £35 for LEP first time round, I just paid for extra stuff like the polo shirt, map, npc named after me etc. If I'd just kept with the LEP then I've still got my money's worth. Later pricing maybe not, but as I said earlier, any updates are free for LEP owners. I'm sure the content will come...eventually.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

But you can't use the prices as they stand today as representative for the value you've received. Since you got both parts of the current Elite Dangerous sides (E:D and Horizons) at release, you would have paid the price they were going for at release. Which is 40 pounds for E:D + 30 pounds for Horizons, totalling 70 pounds. So if the next DLC costs more than 30 pounds, you've already saved money.

Ah yes. I forgot they costed more at release, so you are correct. I'm somewhat less disappointed now.

Still, I hoped for more major expansion packs to be released after 5 years.

Most probably you are just upset because you have to accept the truth that many lepers try to snitch some advantages with exaggerate complaints and feel the need to call me a troll to ignore it.

They could just ask for their "God-like powers" which actually were promised...

Ah yes. I forgot they costed more at release, so you are correct. I'm somewhat less disappointed now.

Still, I hoped for more major expansion packs to be released after 5 years.
Looking forward to a few more premium expansions myself, sitting with the purchase of ED and the Horizons pre-order LEP. We'll see how it pans out. A few years on the entrails are looking a bit decomposed though. :unsure:

It was £30 or £35 for LEP first time round, I just paid for extra stuff like the polo shirt, map, npc named after me etc. If I'd just kept with the LEP then I've still got my money's worth. Later pricing maybe not, but as I said earlier, any updates are free for LEP owners. I'm sure the content will come...eventually.

I paid £100 for Elite with the LEP via Premium Beta. I got Beta and the LEP and nothing else for that. I'm not moaning about it but for some reason I've been bombarded with notifications on this tread.

I loved Elite as a kid and a teenager so was more than happy to pay £100 to inject some cash into this project and help it be all it could. That is not what has happened, they used the money to develop their business not Elite. It is absolutely bloody obvious they did that (before people wade in to deny it) and that strategy may well pay off for the health of the game in the long term (and I hope it will). But knowing what I know now I feel FDEV asking people to buy shares would have been a more honest strategy.

The LEP was unintentionally dishonest. I regret buying it and FDEV should feel bad for selling it.

Not "we", only "you".

Also, the quoted text is the most silly statement I've read on the forums this year so far :D
What only me , there are so many smoke blowers and brown ring kissers that think that frontier is doing great , a shame the ranks are no longer visible , you can realy see the brown ring smoke blowers. All have the elite rankings.

Frontier is just killing het game slowly , the rats already left the ship.
Well, you might ask him whether it is true or not that he joined us in September 2017 and was new to the game and the forums then (by his own account). Given the time span involved, I sincerely doubt he is either a backer or a LEP holder until proven otherwise. Complaining just for the sake of complaining? Maybe, but you can rightfully complain only about things that affect you at all. YMMV.

#angryghost

O7,
🙃
Or i am one of the backers that removed his old forrum acount in 2015 . And i have every right to complaine , due to the fact frontier did not deliver on the features and percs that came with the game version during alpha premium beta sales. And even removed large parts of it.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Or i am one of the backers that removed his old forrum acount in 2015 . And i have every right to complaine , due to the fact frontier did not deliver on the features and percs that came with the game version during alpha premium beta sales. And even removed large parts of it.

There's a difference between complaining or criticising constructively and making stuff up while calling people names though.

Most probably you are just upset because you have to accept the truth that many lepers try to snitch some advantages with exaggerate complaints and feel the need to call me a troll to ignore it.

No not upset at all.

My main problem with some of the LEP owners is that they are ignoring the word yet, I can sympathise with the fact that they expected their investment to have broken even by now, but until either they or the game are officially dead there is no way of knowing how good the investment was.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom