News Lifetime Expansion Pass Holders - Update!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
What only me , there are so many smoke blowers and brown ring kissers that think that frontier is doing great , a shame the ranks are no longer visible , you can realy see the brown ring smoke blowers. All have the elite rankings.

Shame that you will have to come up with some other way of judging peoples attitudes than the number of posts they wrote, the other scoring system the green blocks was just likes and is effectively still here.

Or i am one of the backers that removed his old forrum acount in 2015 . And i have every right to complaine , due to the fact frontier did not deliver on the features and percs that came with the game version during alpha premium beta sales. And even removed large parts of it.

#angryghost confirmed. You didn't invest anything before 2017. Entitled? Wonder why you are still here at all.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
No not upset at all.

My main problem with some of the LEP owners is that they are ignoring the word yet, I can sympathise with the fact that they expected their investment to have broken even by now, but until either they or the game are officially dead there is no way of knowing how good the investment was.
Yes, and do not forget to consider the inflation rate of the economy for several years, and also the investments in computer equipment and the electricity bills and ...

:)

I bought Horizons months after it was released, and the day after I finally bought it, it went on sale for 20% or 30% less.
Roll the dice, take your chances.

I have an absolute gift, nay, a real talent at purchasing video games a few days or weeks before they go on sale. I paid full price for Ark Survival Explorers edition. The following week it went on sale for something like 40% off. I purchased Surviving Mars a few weeks ago on XBox. Not only has it now gone on sale but it’s now included in XBox Pass, which I have. I know there are some people that get upset when that happens and they kick off about it, but, as you say, you roll the dice and take your chances. :)

I chuckle when people use the word investment when they buy a videogame.
Yeah, it's a financial term that some people use too loosely. (Not just on video games.) If there's no possibility of return on it, then it's not an investment.
For example: if I had bought FDEV shares back then, that would have been an investment. (A decent one, to boot.) The lifetime expansion pass was a purchase.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
They can make good on the LEP in two ways, they can supply the product (their stated, if protracted intention) or offer to reimburse the customers not happy to accept the changed timescale. No hard feelings, the plan changed & it just didn't work out.

What LEP changed timescale?

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Read the OP maybe? There was an intention to supply something by the end of 2018 that didn't happen.

On the one hand your post mentioned a very general "making good on the LEP" but now you seem to be only specifically referring to some discrete "premium content" that was announced by Zac long after the LEP sales had been discontinued.

I can understand anyone being naturally disappointed with regards to having to wait for those elements of premium content, but I hope you realize no one paid a single dollar for that particular promise made by Zac in 2017. What you paid for was a LEP sold sometime in the period 2012-2015 that very explicitly didnt include a specific timeline at all for any of its elements (including Zac´s).

As mentioned I can understand you may feel dissappointed and it is up to FDEV to decide how to treat that, including refunding you if they so deem apporpriate, but in order to "make good on the LEP" as per the conditions and description when you purchased it they do not really need to. Especially if the new era recently announced is actually delivered.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a financial term that some people use too loosely. (Not just on video games.) If there's no possibility of return on it, then it's not an investment.
For example: if I had bought FDEV shares back then, that would have been an investment. (A decent one, to boot.) The lifetime expansion pass was a purchase.

It's more than a financial term, though that is the most common context in recent years:

investment
/ɪnˈvɛs(t)m(ə)nt/
noun
noun: investment; plural noun: investments
  1. 1.
    the action or process of investing money for profit.
    "a debate over private investment in road-building"
    synonyms:investing, speculation; More
    expenditure, outlay, funding, backing, financing, underwriting;
    buying shares
    "you can lose money pretty fast by bad investment"
    stake, share, portion, interest, money/capital invested;
    informalante
    "an investment of £305,000"
    • a thing that is worth buying because it may be profitable or useful in the future.
      "freezers really are a good investment for the elderly"
      synonyms:venture, speculation, risk, gamble; More
      asset, buy, acquisition, holding, possession;
      bargain;
      informalflutter, punt
      "I'm satisfied that it's a good investment"
    • an act of devoting time, effort, or energy to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result.
      "the time spent in attending the seminar is an investment in our professional futures"
      synonyms:sacrifice, surrender, foregoing, loss, relinquishment, forfeiture
      "a substantial investment of time and energy"
  2. 2.
    archaic
    the surrounding of a place by a hostile force in order to besiege or blockade it.

On the one hand your post mentioned a very general "making good on the LEP" but now you seem to be only specifically referring to some discrete "premium content" that was announced by Zac long after the LEP sales had been discontinued.

I can understand anyone being naturally disappointed with regards to having to wait for those elements of premium content, but I hope you realize no one paid a single dollar for that particular promise made by Zac in 2017. What you paid for was a LEP sold sometime in the period 2012-2015 that very explicitly didnt include a specific timeline at all for any of its elements (including Zac´s).

As mentioned I can understand you may feel dissappointed and it is up to FDEV to decide how to treat that, including refunding you if they so deem apporpriate, but in order to "make good on the LEP" as per the conditions and description when you purchased it they do not really need to. Especially if the new era recently announced is actually delivered.

Sure would be nice for FDev to clarify thing kind of thing, wouldn't it? We are 700 posts and six months into this thread, read the last line of the OP & then click on the dev post link for this thread.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Sure would be nice for FDev to clarify thing kind of thing, wouldn't it? We are 700 posts and six months into this thread, read the last line of the OP & then click on the dev post link for this thread.

This thread has diverged in a multitude of different subtopics, some more relevants to the OP than others imho. As per your particular one, to which I responded, I hope that at least you are now better informed to avoid the confusion you were stepping into.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's sad we still discuss the same topics after all those years. Maybe we wouldn't if the last years of development were less disappointing.
Actually the thread has died and been resurrected 3 times in 6 months, many arguments have more traction.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom