News Lifetime Expansion Pass Holders - Update!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Another good question it would be helpful for Fdev to clarify. The way the addons were piled into Horizons suggests so, or alternatively it may simply be a lack of forward planning. I think any future DLC may well require elements of Horizons (passenger cabins, guardian stuff etc) but the single current DLC will just be made cheap enough that it overcomes the issue of compatibility.

otoh base building can be in space as well as on planet surfaces, and a player doesn't need to be able to land on airless worlds to be able to land on atmospheric ones or to walk around the ship & space stations.

I would have thought we would know this level of detail of the roadmap by now tbh, is the LEP an obstacle to this either way?

It might be that you can't get up full stop, or do anything on foot or join a non Legs crew. Time will tell.

Clearly those who restarted the thread a couple of times thought they had something worth saying.

Well... I just wanted to know if there's anything new on this after being away from the forums and the game for some time.

And from time to time the whole LEP thing comes up inside and then it's kind of "remembrance day" and time to ask, after about half a year after the last postings and the "Hey we're sorry, here's a few paintjobs and bobbleheads..." "excusion"...

I think it was Riverside, who delivered the closest description of my feelings about the whole LEP thingy, at least it's very similar and familiar...

IF Frontier were to do it all again (and it's not unfeasible to think that Frontier could end Elite Dangerous and release Elite Dangerous 2) they would do a few things differently. They wouldn't use crowd-funding again, I'm fairly certain they've stated as such. They won't offer lifetime expansion passes again, they lost a lot of money with that and I don't think they'd pander to the community as much.

But of course, that's merely my opinion.

I agree 100%. I am sure the majority of the Kickstarters and initial purchasers were Elite players of old, so were expecting ED to stay true to its origins. It has not exactly panned out that way, at all. Of course, Frontier said at the outset that they're making the game they want to play, so we're just along for the ride.

I like the game; it's phenomenal in VR and is the only game I really play nowadays but there are aspects of it I am not fond of which have been there since before Horizons (ranking in the Empire or Federation should be mutually exclusive, ships should have crewing requirements that have to be paid) but Horizons itself for me hasn't been too bad (except for the pew-pew focus, and the introduction of Thargoids way too early IMO).
Of course it's subjective and all that anyway, but yeah... A bit of the game comes across as gameplay progression for the sake of it and something to do instead of as immersion and survival within the given context of the sci-fi galaxy, at least to me.

I still like the game, of course. I'm just more selective with how I care to engage it than some, I suppose.

Cheers.

Well... I just wanted to know if there's anything new on this after being away from the forums and the game for some time.
Nothing new. The 2020 update is included in the LEP and so you don't have to pay for that one.

I know that now… But as I stated before, that's roundabout up to one and a half year until that update arrives… if there are no further delays… who knows…
FD, you know… :sneaky:

Oh and just for the record : I was the one who necro'd this thread...

So my posting was meant as a direct answer to amigacooke, hence the quote of his lines.

IF Frontier were to do it all again (and it's not unfeasible to think that Frontier could end Elite Dangerous and release Elite Dangerous 2) they would do a few things differently. They wouldn't use crowd-funding again, I'm fairly certain they've stated as such. They won't offer lifetime expansion passes again, they lost a lot of money with that and I don't think they'd pander to the community as much.

But of course, that's merely my opinion.
No they haven't. At least not yet. But I agree with the rest.
They did lose a lot of money, all the people with LEP's would have bought the paid expansions.

They did lose a lot of money, all the people with LEP's would have bought the paid expansions.
They did buy the paid expansions. Until such time as Frontier sees fit to sell roughly 3 more full priced premium expansions, they've made that much more from me than expansions they've made. Either way, so far it's worked out quite well in their favor indeed, at least on my behalf.

The Horizons announcement LEP was like 180 USD in addition to the 60 USD or so I paid for Elite: Dangerous.

Last edited:
They are justified and they are ancient but they don't drive an ice cream van. :D
That reminds me of something... :LOL:

yxGuVzh.jpg

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Clearly I am going to have to explain this again.

If I knew then what I know now (the protracted delay without new information) I would not have chosen to buy the LEP instead of the Horizons expansion.

No, your explanation is just lacking, and we have to show you why again.

This is what you bought: https://web.archive.org/web/20150902125322oe/https://www.frontierstore.net/games/elite-dangerous-cat/elite-dangerous-horizons-lifetime-expansion-pass.html

This didnt include any specific timeline or information description at all for any of its future elements, or a promise to provide such timelines or info, except the vanilla base game and Horizons (known at the time of your purchase).

Everything else is just actual wishfull thinking on your part I am afraid. I sympathize with your interest in having more info now (who wouldn´t), but that is not what we bought.

In addition to that, since then there has also been actually new information about upcoming LEP content, been shared several times, that you have presumably chosen to ignore.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom