General Lift (QoL) change to 'inside' button

I disembark my ship and go to concourse via the lift. I get in range of it and click (E) to interact. Before I've even entered and turned around it has already 'floated' a "HANGAR" choice before me.
All of my experiences with a lift involve choosing destination once I am inside the lift.
This simple chronological order may seem unimportant to some but it may well claw at the very innards of others.
I also think the cadence of play would be enhanced if done well.

I disembark my ship and go to concourse via the lift. I get in range of it and click (E) to interact. Before I've even entered and turned around it has already 'floated' a "HANGAR" choice before me.
All of my experiences with a lift involve choosing destination once I am inside the lift.
This simple chronological order may seem unimportant to some but it may well claw at the very innards of others.
I also think the cadence of play would be enhanced if done well.
I'd also respectfully submit that if there is only one destination the lift goes to that it could be assumed that's where we're going. (since there are taxi, frontline & our personal ship lifts)

This makes, elevators are usually multi destination, so why do we need separate elevators for Apex, Hangar and Frontline solutions...
I have not really used the Frontline Solutions, so I cannot speak on that one, but as far I can tell, Apex is launching from the same platforms are we launching from... so what is the point of having separate elevators to basically the same hangar?

So we could get a simple, 3 destiontion menu in the elevator.

Hangar - Only lit up if you have a ship in this station
Apex - Only lit up if you have an active booking
Frontline - Only lit up if you have an active contract

Yeah, these ideas are really good QoL suggestions.
Additionally, I would add the destination selector on the inside of the lift. Simple single interaction click on the appropriate button. Do away with the pop-up menu.

Flow should be:
Walk up to lift > press interact key (E) to open lift doors > walk in > face keypad/buttons > select destination with interact key (E) > lift doors close and lift goes to destination

No pop-up selection window needed; just natural, immersive flow.

Top Bottom