Link for squadrons and BGS thread in Focused feedback forum. Plase,follow-BGS may change completely

Honestly, I doubt they will...

What so far has been announced is some fleet comms, and the ability to acquire a fleet carrier. That's really about it. They even said "we don't know yet whether or how we'll tie this to BGS and minor factions", i.e. after thought.

Some speculation on the FFF threads have gone as far as ask for a BGS reset.

None of this is going to happen. I think the closest you'll get to BGS/minor faction integration is that you can name your squadron the same as a minor faction, but no actual link exists.

So, "fake" faction pledge. I reckon that's all the BGS impact we'll see.

I agree. There used to be talk about having an ability to pledge to a Minor Faction, but the most that ever amounted to was the CZ stuff.

Whatever we get, it will likely be just fluff on the surface.

I agree. There used to be talk about having an ability to pledge to a Minor Faction, but the most that ever amounted to was the CZ stuff.

Whatever we get, it will likely be just fluff on the surface.
Yeah. I suspect that while we might be able to label our squadrons with the same name as a player faction, there will be no connection between the squadron and the faction.

.... in which case careful control of who is allowed to create a Squadron named the same as a player Faction will be required - otherwise it'll be a troll-fest.

Surely that wouldn't be allowed right (not by rules, but by design)? I know there's no talk of Fleet Carriers yet, but take Canonn with the Gnosis... it's "not-faction faction" is not named the same as the actual Faction. Whether the Fleet Carriers work like Megaships or not, it's the only sane way (that I can see) to actually deal with that.

Last edited:
From a thread sumarising the livestream:

• Squadron names can be reserved for existing player groups, to prevent name-sniping

So that is one concern covered.

Canonn
The Canonn
Canonn Science
Cannon
Canonn Interstellar Research Group

I could go on for a whole page. How is Cmdr Thrust supposed to be able to spot the fakes, especially when they will have several real squadrons due to the membership limits?

There isn't really an answer without unacceptable credit walls and/or admin time dealing with arbitration

In terms of Squadrons affecting the BGS - I suppose Fleet Carriers could be used as staging posts for systems with only M landing pads. Another issue is UA bombers using carriers to ease bombing missions - though I guess others could use them for MA bombing, so I'm not sure who that would help most.

Given the number of players talking about getting trophy FCs I think the main problem will be finding parking space.

Top Bottom