List of Earth-like worlds, v3

Hi Marx, just a heads-up, if you're about to do an update: the planets in my post #3144 from November 2 aren't in the list yet; I posted it just before your last update and they must have fallen through the cracks.

Hi Marx, just a heads-up, if you're about to do an update: the planets in my post #3144 from November 2 aren't in the list yet; I posted it just before your last update and they must have fallen through the cracks.
Oh, looks like I looked through your updated screenshots, then promptly forgot about the new entries before them. Sorry! They'll be in the next batch.

Edit: Looking at the spreadsheets that are linked in the OP it seems that if a system has more than one star anyplace in the system then the answer for "One primary star?" is false, can someone please confirm if this is correct or not.

The link in your original post that is suppose to take you to a post to figure out how to determine star types does not work.

I have a spreadsheet with 107 ELW's, but to finish this and post it I need to add the star types.

I found an answer for the above question, but now I have a different one. Referring to the below picture; does this system have one primary star or two primary stars since A and B are in a binary relationship? I need to know how to answer for the column on the spreadsheet marked "One primary star?".

Nhs1nqn.png

Last edited:
Just added some new ELWs to the public spreadsheet. Thanks for the work you do. o7

EDIT : idahosurge question above leads me to doubt accuracy of my answers in the "One Primary" column. May need editing, cos I see the ambiguity.

Last edited:
Edit: Looking at the spreadsheets that are linked in the OP it seems that if a system has more than one star anyplace in the system then the answer for "One primary star?" is false, can someone please confirm if this is correct or not.

I found an answer for the above question, but now I have a different one. Referring to the below picture; does this system have one primary star or two primary stars since A and B are in a binary relationship? I need to know how to answer for the column on the spreadsheet marked "One primary star?".

Nhs1nqn.png
Sorry, I forgot to reply to your previous post. I fixed the link since.
Anyway, primary stars are the ones that don't orbit another star as their parent body. Their names are [system name] A, B, C and so on, and bodies are named according to the star(s) they orbit, like AB 2. If there's only one primary star in the system, then it just gets the system name, and bodies in the system are named [system name] 1, 2, 3... In this case, the One Primary column is true.
It used to be whether there is one star in the system only, but it had to be changed because there are cases when there's only one primary star, but other stars orbit it as secondaries. For example, many code H systems have a black hole, with dwarf stars around it - and ELMs around them.

Sorry, I forgot to reply to your previous post. I fixed the link since.
Anyway, primary stars are the ones that don't orbit another star as their parent body. Their names are [system name] A, B, C and so on, and bodies are named according to the star(s) they orbit, like AB 2. If there's only one primary star in the system, then it just gets the system name, and bodies in the system are named [system name] 1, 2, 3... In this case, the One Primary column is true.
It used to be whether there is one star in the system only, but it had to be changed because there are cases when there's only one primary star, but other stars orbit it as secondaries. For example, many code H systems have a black hole, with dwarf stars around it - and ELMs around them.

Thanks!

I am wondering why there are links to two different spreadsheets in the OP. One has over 17,000 entries and the other one that I just added my discoveries to is much smaller.

Do the entries in the smaller spreadsheet eventually get added to the larger one?

Yes. Once I finish going over them and fixing them to the same format as used by the list.
There are also other subsheets, not just the Data: check the bottom bar.

I've made a EDJP file of the ELW's from my latest trip. Do I need to do anything else, when I've marked "upload to EDJP" as enabled?

I've been very disorganised for a while but I have collected a couple of highlights from last year. I'm afraid I haven't included any from my trip to The Void. The first is my only ELW in a mass code E system and was found on my way from Sgr A* to Colonia, the binary pair I found on my way to Star One from Colonia.

So far this year, I have only found one untagged ELW, in Eafots, but I haven't checked yet if I got the tag when turned in. I still remember to take the screenshots on site but I've been bad at sorting them out afterwards.

System namePlanet IDDist. from Sol (ly)First discovered byContributed bySystem star(s) typeRinged EL?MoonsScreenshot URL
Boewnst LS-T e3-4519917333Edelgard von RheinEdelgard von RheinB9 VABnonone Source: https://imgur.com/a/49ULsk8
Byua Thoi PQ-G c10-1B 131275Edelgard von RheinEdelgard von RheinK6 VA, M1 VAnonone Source: https://imgur.com/a/7KVJCUY
Byua Thoi PQ-G c10-1B 231275Edelgard von RheinEdelgard von RheinK6 VA, M1 VAnonone Source: https://imgur.com/a/7KVJCUY

I've made a EDJP file of the ELW's from my latest trip. Do I need to do anything else, when I've marked "upload to EDJP" as enabled?
Yes, you do: please make a sheet of them (there's an "Output List to Clipboard / File" part) and post it here.

Yes, you do: please make a sheet of them (there's an "Output List to Clipboard / File" part) and post it here.
That might take a while, making a sheet of them... I tried to paste from clipboard, both here and in Google sheets, and it doesn't show correctly... all the data from one system gets inserted into the first cell of the sheet, one line/cell per system... And when I try to paste it directly here, it doesn't get pasted the way it should, it comes out as pure text, not in a sheet... Does this mean that I have to enter each and every one of the cells one by one? I can try to do that, but it'll take some time: there are 159 ELW's on my list...

If pasting doesn't quite work, then you could just output it to a .csv file and send it over. Just make sure that the screenshots are correct, and I can take care of the rest.

That might take a while, making a sheet of them... I tried to paste from clipboard, both here and in Google sheets, and it doesn't show correctly... all the data from one system gets inserted into the first cell of the sheet, one line/cell per system... And when I try to paste it directly here, it doesn't get pasted the way it should, it comes out as pure text, not in a sheet... Does this mean that I have to enter each and every one of the cells one by one? I can try to do that, but it'll take some time: there are 159 ELW's on my list...
If they're copied directly from EDJP, they should be tab-delimited and so should paste correctly in Google Sheets (in fact, I can't find a way to make each line go into a single cell when tab-delimited). That said, you can try manually splitting the lines in Google Sheets once pasted - make sure cells are highlighted and select (in the menu) "Data" -> "Split Text To Columns" and see if that does the job.

Top Bottom