List of Earth-like worlds, v3

Welcome to the list, Harzim! It was nice to read some accompanying text to your discoveries. Good luck on your next expedition!
I've filled out the missing distances and star types, but let me post a reminder to everyone: don't forget that if there isn't a beta running, it might take me weeks till I can get to Sol and get the distances.

Moving on, I have some good news: I've finally filled out all the missing star types from the list. (Except the handful of systems for which the galaxy map search still does not work.) So the "by star class" and "by luminosity" sheets are complete now. As an interesting find, there are two ELW-s that both co-orbit an M star and a T dwarf.

Also, I've begun adding some new stuff, the first of which is a listing of how many ELW-s have been found in nebula sectors so far. Thanks to drkaii for the list! I've also started to include procedural nebulae on this, as it turns out that there are quite a few Earth-likes around those. This part is still WIP, as I'll only add the procedural ones that have at least one ELW around them. If you've found one that's on the list, but not the nebula list, let me know please! Also, a reminder to explorers: don't forget that procedural nebulae are much more likely to have systems inside the nebula itself, so they are worth visiting. You can get some spectacular views inside - for example, FLYIEDGAI TL-C D13-8 has the nebula covering most of the sky there. While we can't land on Earth-like worlds yet and see how their night skies look, we should soon be able to land on the airless worlds around them. I recall someone from Frontier saying that in their opinion, seeing a "nebula-rise" from the surface is a most impressive sight.

Lastly, something for the record. I came across another already-discovered Earth-like:
Planet name: COL 70 SECTOR ZC-W C17-8 A 1
Screenshots: http://i.imgur.com/OMWJdN5.jpg
Distance from Sol: 984 ly
Exact type of star(s) the planet is orbiting: K8 VA
First discovered by: CMDR HDBAM

Welcome to the list, Harzim! It was nice to read some accompanying text to your discoveries. Good luck on your next expedition!
I've filled out the missing distances and star types, but let me post a reminder to everyone: don't forget that if there isn't a beta running, it might take me weeks till I can get to Sol and get the distances.

Moving on, I have some good news: I've finally filled out all the missing star types from the list. (Except the handful of systems for which the galaxy map search still does not work.) So the "by star class" and "by luminosity" sheets are complete now. As an interesting find, there are two ELW-s that both co-orbit an M star and a T dwarf.

Also, I've begun adding some new stuff, the first of which is a listing of how many ELW-s have been found in nebula sectors so far. Thanks to drkaii for the list! I've also started to include procedural nebulae on this, as it turns out that there are quite a few Earth-likes around those. This part is still WIP, as I'll only add the procedural ones that have at least one ELW around them. If you've found one that's on the list, but not the nebula list, let me know please! Also, a reminder to explorers: don't forget that procedural nebulae are much more likely to have systems inside the nebula itself, so they are worth visiting. You can get some spectacular views inside - for example, FLYIEDGAI TL-C D13-8 has the nebula covering most of the sky there. While we can't land on Earth-like worlds yet and see how their night skies look, we should soon be able to land on the airless worlds around them. I recall someone from Frontier saying that in their opinion, seeing a "nebula-rise" from the surface is a most impressive sight.

Lastly, something for the record. I came across another already-discovered Earth-like:
In my experience inseide almost every nebulae there's a n earth like. I will look back to what I've posted so far, many are inside nebulae or in nebulae sector (a seagull one, a thor's helmet one, a rosetta one, a skull and crossbone one I rember till now) I have few others yet to post, in the bleae aescs, in the trifid, in the omega. I scanned those six months ago, I don't know if they'll have my tag. Soon I'll return and complete posting all ELW. I don't expect to find anymore on this trip, I've left the neutron field.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

In my experience inseide almost every nebulae there's a n earth like. I will look back to what I've posted so far, many are inside nebulae or in nebulae sector (a seagull one, a thor's helmet one, a rosetta one, a skull and crossbone one I rember till now) I have few others yet to post, in the bleae aescs, in the trifid, in the omega. I scanned those six months ago, I don't know if they'll have my tag. Soon I'll return and complete posting all ELW. I don't expect to find anymore on this trip, I've left the neutron field.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

sry for triple post,silly connection at the moment

Last edited:
Byoo Airg KT-O d7-249 B 5
Neutron Star, L7 V (orbits this star)
19.615 ly from Sol

oTPZaav.jpg

lLgyuox.jpg

Now that is a rare find: An ELW orbiting a Class L Brown-Dwarf as the outermost planet (1272 ls from the star). I've found quite a lot of ELW during this expedition but this seems to be worth reporting while still on my way. It even seems to have no polar caps. Goldilocks??!

Nice find! Earth-likes orbiting brown dwarves (and not co-orbiting more than one star) are quite rare. In my opinion, this one is a good illustration of how complex the habitable zones can be in multiple-star systems. In this case, we have a neutron star and a brown dwarf orbiting each other, and an Earth-like world that's in orbit of the dwarf but inside the habitable zone of the neutron star. (Although I'm not sure if that should even be a thing, but in Elite, it is.)
Looking forward to the other worlds then!

triple post, double ELW. These were close for pure luck. 11K from Home, on the verge to powering shields.

BLAU AIHM DM-K D9-281, 8
15,280.71LY from Sol
F4 VI
wVUFatG.jpg

BLAU AIHM MN-R D5-147, 4
14,974.37LY from Sol
A8 VB
r84Fztm.jpg

Just got back today with these 2, I've found 3 ELW's so far out of just over 1500 systems visited.

I didn't check when I found them, but I am currently just over 100 LY from SOL, so the distance may be off some.

OUTORDY JI-B D13-12
3,656.03LY from SOL
F6 VB

Screenshot_0001a.jpg

OUTOTT HC-M D7-6
5,157.68LY from Sol
F4 VB K4 VA
Screenshot_00011a.jpg

The 1st ELW I found was posted in the original thread & I have only added it here to show the three ELW's I have found so far.

PROOE DRYEIA AD-E C1-0
1,449.39LY from SOL
G9 VAB
Screenshot_00012a.jpg

Last edited:
Oh hey, welcome back! It has been a while.
Actually, your first two distances were nearly spot on. The third one was already on the list anyway. Good luck finding some more when you next venture out then!

Thanks, yes it has! I've been so busy doing work on & selling our home, so ED has taken a back seat :(

I am directly above SOL so the calc shouldn't have been too far off, I will keep an eye on that next time I find another ELW for accuracy.

I didn't see this one in the database. forgive me if I missed it :)
Distance from SOL = 758.14 LY
Planet name = Col 70 sector KJ-G D11-34 3
Star Type = G
Submitted by Tootiny
1st discovered by Snakeyesx
Screenshot # 1 View attachment 77670

screenshot # 2View attachment 77671

God I hope this post works
edit to re-add screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_0006.jpg
    Screenshot_0006.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Yep, it did work. However, I don't really understand one line here: "Submitted by Tootiny"? Is that your Commander name, or did someone else send this discovery your way?
In any case, it's on the list as well. Thanks for submitting it!

It's my commander name. I found another one but I'm withholding it till i get back to port (virgin system)

Distance from Sol 920 Ly
Planet name Col 70 sector AH-K D9-8 A2
Star type G
submitted by commander Tootiny
1st discovered by Ratfishgimp
screenshot:
edit to add screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_0002.jpg
    Screenshot_0002.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 278
Last edited: