List your three most used ships, and tell us a bit about them.

AspX - used for almost everything.
Type-9 - used for trading CGs. Last flown ~10 months ago.
Python - rusting away. Last flown ~2 years ago.

1. Corvette. Every-tasker. Does everything with a bloodless efficiency that makes any task easy. Except jumping, of course.

2. DBX. Bubble taxi. Need to get somewhere? Costs pennies to transfer and jumps nearly 60ly. Useful.

3. Python. Getting-up-to-hijinks-mobile. Gotta do something sketchy? The python is armed, fast (with G5 dd anyway), and can land at security-lacking outposts.

What I'm finding these days is that the ship I used for ages -- my cutter -- is collecting dust. I just have no use for it anymore. Cargo? Boring; don't do it. Passenger runs? The 'vette has one more slot. Combat? Nope. Tedious to fight in; sit and let the turrets plink away? Lame! Cutty McShootstick is basically relegated to mining on the rare occasion I can stand mining. Parked in Delkar and hasn't seen the black in weeks.

1 - Dolphin. The Asp X is a great ship but I started using the Dolphin instead for a lot of what I used the Asp to do, after finding it faster and more fun to fly. Dirt cheap to rebuy, less jump range but not by a lot after engineering, still around 42-45 ly depending on loadout. I use it for sightseeing missions, data missions and planetary scans as well as general exploring and landing on planets for mineral hunting, where one of the class 4 slots is handy for two SRVs. The other class 4 slot normally has a fuel scoop. I still use the Asp for longer trips, otherwise the Dolphin is my first choice.

2 - FDL. Again a lot of fun to fly, although I am rubbish at actual combat I take it out sometimes just for the pleasure of using it.

3 - Python. Just too useful not to have one. Biggest ship that can land on a medium pad, decent range and speed, great for bulk passengers, cargo trips and mining. Also found it a good choice for rescue missions inside burning stations.

1. Asp Explorer - Relentless Argus. My exploration/runabout-ship of choice until I take my Exploraconda into full use later, this has been with me since early 2015 and was the ship I used to go to Sagittarius A* (visitor #30 to the galaxy's center). Much used and much loved.
2. Imperial Cutter - Foul Fool Fowl - trading ship, used for many CGs and some passenger runs.
3. Anaconda - Dramatic Protagonist - my combat ship, used for PvE combat. Good all-rounder, but its combat role is superseded by my recently acquired Federal Corvette, which I haven't used enough to make it one of my top 3 most used ships.

I like to RP such as I can so I always have to have at least 1 cabin, at least 8t of cargo space and an SRV.
As such I'm quite handicapped and don't last long in PvP.

Viper IV - I have a couple hot multi's and a pair of tiny railguns. Class A cabin. 8t of assorted illegals. 4A Shield. ADS. KWS. Gold paintjob that makes everyone want to kill me. I use it for target practice and black market scouting. It's cheap so I try to stand up for myself once in a while.

Courier - A pair of hot multi's and a med railgun. Outfitted pretty much the same as the Viper. Gold paintjob but it's imperial so it's okay. Same thing as the Viper but better at killing things. I think the Viper looks better though.

*sigh*
Python - No shield. Nekked except for secret weapon (shhh). ADS. Econo cabin. Runs cold. Best engines I could geneer. Black^3 paintjob. Once I find a good smuggling route with the Viper or Courier I exploit it with the Python. I feel dirty for using it though because it's too good.

I have to say the Orca is really impressing me as an exploration vehicle and I've been in it for quite some time on my way to the Bubble Nebula.

Last edited:
I used to have 10 ships, ranging from small to big ones. Recent approach changes I incorporated reduced my fleet to just 3 ships. So now those 3 ships are my most used.

Zorgon-Petersen Adder "Haruna"

373988x2117.jpg

Stock paintjob since there's not even one that suit my taste. This ship was my first after "Freewinder". "Haruna" is a 2nd unit as original Adder I sold to fund bigger ship. But I always recalled her, so when I had earned my first Cr100M exploration paycheck I bought Anaconda (my then goal) and Adder - nostalgia purchase. With this ship you can't do much - few modules are limiting your choices but it's perfect personal shuttle. Also looks like one. I'm not fond of right side seat and it's the only major gripe I have with this ship. I also play with tweaked FOV so I have wider field on my screen and it feels really good. I have engineered her a bit, G5 FSD for max range, lightweight here and there. I'm using her for engineering material exchange, when I need something I hop into the Adder and fly to the nearest trader. With my supplies running low I'll have her for mat gathering.

Faulcon deLacy Python "Swarożyc"

<read: Svarozyts>

315588x7293.jpg

White-red paintjob. This was bit unexpected and not totally planned purchase. After getting Anaconda I found lack of missions to load her up. Trade was not so profitable as I expected. Adder felt too small and I didn't wanted to go back to AspX. Somewhere I found that Python has a high praise. So I just bought it. And loved from the first flight. The more I used that ship, the more I liked it. Feels like a perfect one. Looks good, handles well, left side seat, nice cockpit view and looks (even with extended FOV), great capacity for trading, lots of internals for other activities. And M-pad sized so outposts capable. Little engineering, mostly G5 FSD. For me Python is a ED's Millenium Falcon.

Gutamaya Imperial Cutter "Takao"

446312x4998.jpg

Tho stock in photo, currently galvanized malachite paintjob - haven't uploaded and updated it yet. This is my prime target ship, the one I was aiming for from the very first day of my CMDRs career. Knowing it would take me long time to get her (due to massive credit requirement and rank lock) it was more a wish dream than real goal. But changes incorporated in one of previous patches made rank acquisition fast - took me 3 or 4 days to get from zero to hero. I earned some credits on the way + some short exploration trip and I could afford a Cutter. Somewhat ahead of schedule but there she is. It's big, it's slow turning with massive drag and I got shivers every time I pass the slot (already lost one due to stuck)... But how she looks. Pure sexyness. Interiors are luxurious - compared to DBX, Python or literally anything else I owned, bright and as they should be. Exterior - my private jet. Sleek lines, nice curves and fine paint on top. Primarily used as a bulk cargo delivery mission / bulk trader, mostly medicine deliveries. Recently under extensive engineering for max range. Upgraded FSD, sensors, power plant, thrusters. Pushed slightly beyond 40 LYs min range. Hesitating about gathering materials for one more - life support mod - to squeeze out another light year of minimal. Fully loaded for exploration, with AFMU, rover, fuel scoop and shields right now she is 40-43 LYs capable. With LS mod I could push her to 41/44LYs. I plan on visiting Colonia and I want to achieve that in the most luxurious way I can. While other ships could do 50-60LYs jumps I plan on doing exploration on the way so 40LYs feels accurate.

No surprises here:

1. AspX. Flying from A to B, material gathering, rescue missions, general jack-of-all-trades when I'm moving around.
2. Chieftain. Lovely medium combat ship. Fun to fly, packs a real punch, almost perfect hardpoint placement and module layout, can perform most combat roles.
3. T-9. Does everything cargo, mainly at CGs. Got one after the module upgrade for the higher capacity but am considering moving back to the Cutter due to handling.

55208x1330.jpg

1. ASP Explorer "Evil Santa" - I hate flying it, but I cannot deny it's useful. It's my bubble taxi, skimmer/power grid neutraliser, SRV carrier.

63429x1140.jpg

2. Vulture "Blackbeard" - my primary combat ship. It does what it says on the tin - very combat capable - both in PvE and PvP.

I use only those two lately.

Last edited:
1. Asp Explorer: For its jump range. First as a multi role ship, later as bubble taxi and farming mats.
2. Anaconda: Multi-role ship due to jump range, fire power, cargo space.
3. Federal Assault ship: Pure combat ship, PvP capable (I think).

I would love to use the Clipper more, but Anaconda is just better at everything besides speed (which doesn't matter so much) and looks.

Asp Explorer - Third ship owned after the starting Sidewinder and a Cobra MkIII, played most of 2017 in the Asp once I got it. It's my explorer vessel, it's my Canonn Research vessel, it has the longest range in my fleet and it's cute. I got my first (and so far only) Elite rank in this ship. I just love it.

DbLGluEWsAAsC0_.jpg:large

Python - Only got this late last year I think. It is, of course, my all rounder. It's mainly been used for engineering, both unlocking engineers themselves (mining, passenger missions, dragging rare cigars around, you know the score) and also gathering materials. It therefore has lots of modules in storage that get swapped out depending what I want to do with it.

DQ7MXEqXkAA0wN6.jpg:large

Fer-De-Lance - A fairly recent aquisition. I'm not much of a fighter, but I wanted to get my combat rank up to Dangerous to unlock Lori Jameson, I had some credits saved up and I always liked the look of the FDL (you'll notice I like ship-kits too, take my money Frontier - TAKE IT!). I have to say... it's a great ship. It's really fun. I only do PvE, but it's all engineered up (thanks to the Python gathering the mats) it has a decent jump range for an FDL (20-something LY IIRC), scoops fuel quicker and cooler than any of my other ships and has four burst lasers and a huge plasma accelerator to play with.

DcypQOeXUAABGLf.jpg:large

1. DBX - My first love. Took it to Sag A* with a 35 LY jump. Now my main bubble taxi with about 60 LY range. Love this ship.

2. Fer-De-Lance - My main combat ship. When all I want to do is pew pew and not collect mats, this is the best ship. 4 MCs and a huge beam laser all engineered makes this ship so fun to fight with.

3. Cutter - Everything else. Mining, trading, mat collecting, mission boarding, etc... I'm used to her flight controls and she's just so dang pretty. The bask effect is real.

Honorable mention - Beluga. When I need credits, you'll find me in this ship running passengers.

* Anaconda built for long jumprange and exploration and as a great bubble taxi, replaced my Asp Explorer.

* Federal Corvette built for combat, replaced my Anaconda as my goto ship for combat. when Corvette feels to big, I uses my Vulture

* Imperial Cutter as my preferred hauler. Now I could use a type 9, after it got boosted.

Honorably mentions are my DBS and DBX ships that used to be my goto ships for almost anything before I got bigger ships, and what I loved about these was their jumprange....

1. Cutter - Spent 80% of my time in it since I got it. Loved it so much I bought a second one for PvP. This has been my go-to ship for any major combat situation other than Clipper, FDL and Chief. If you want my PvP Cutter build, here it is (Its current weapons anyway, I change them up from time to time)

https://eddp.co/u/LVunqSun
Kills 'Vettes, 'Condas, and its brethren (other Cutters) like no one's business. This is built to go after big ships.

2. Chieftain - I think most of you know why as well.

3. Python- It can do anything and do it well. It's just that good.

From most used to least:

Corvette - Armed trader, bounty hunter, and pirate assignation. Best killer I own.

Python - Armed trader, bounty hunter, and general runabout.

Orca - Sight-seeing boat for when I need some mats and/or credits.

I also have a FDL, Cutter, and AspX but they spend most of their time sitting and collecting dust.

Hauler McTaxi

My Bubble transfer ship. Fast, cheap in rebuy and transfer costs

Corvette McPredator

My PvE Haz Res / Wing Assassination ship. Bi-Weaves, double thermal vent efficient fixed beams, anti scb rails, healing turrets, fighter bay, interdictor
My NPC-Murderboat of choice

Cutter Golden Arches

c5-Prismatic cargo Cutter with full armament (2 healing turrets, 2 anti-scb hammers, 3 multicannons & 752 tons cargo space - yes I fly a cutter with DC - deal with it :p) to kill those pesky NPC interdictions
To use at cargo CGs or sometimes in the Pleiades for Operation IDA

Asp Explorer Erebus, painted Star Trek white (Apollo paintjob). Does what it says on the box: explore. I've probably spent more time in that thing than all the rest put together.

Python Pytheas, painted vibrant green. Mission-runner and BGS worker. When you're in a Python with over 180 t capacity and fully Allied with all factions, there's no such thing as "mission unavailable".

Type-10 Investigator, chrome paintjob. My pocket-battleship built for CZ and RES survivability and the only ship I own that comes with a fighter bay. With 128 t cargo space, it's also my laughs-at-danger-while-flying-into-Anarchy-space armed trader. I'm hoping to make it my can-take-on-anything-in-a-USS science and rescue ship, so it can live up to it's name.

1. FDL-- El Cuchiilo Blanco-- Fully G5'd death machine
2. Vette- Celeri Morte- Diito
3. Courier- Honey badger-- same as above-- but wicked fast ( 800+ boost)

Maybe I do to much combat ?

Dolphin - Exploration and Research ship. Countless trips out to alien sites, billions of credits made.

Orca - Search and Rescue ship. Thousands of smoked refugees hauled from burning stations, hundreds of tons of fuel transferred, countless escape pods returned.

Beluga - Combat Explorer. Thousands of light years traveled, hundreds of millions in bounties claimed.

What else would you like to know?

Top Bottom