Little Bit Worries Bout JWE 2

After i saw the images/screenshots they have released in their website, im not gonna lie, it's kinda bit disappoint and made me worry bout this game..
So many features that we all hoped they add in the sequel not present in there (like the building style and creative option, its seem pretty much the same as its predecessor just with bit of variations on it, no real staff system and management like we have in planet franchise at all, the staff are just another skin of visitors that roaming in the park, etc..).
I think the only one that will save this game to not suffer like its predecessor are more advanced and complex AI, that i hope we will see soon enough in the gameplay reveal.

Yeah it does seem to have more of the look of a v1.5 rather than a 2 with the buildings (the custom colours look weird, particularly at a distance) and lots of seemingly small changes with no real large ones that peak their head up, aside from the marine and flying species.

We'll see what happens, but it is valid reason to be worried.

Yeah it does seem to have more of the look of a v1.5 rather than a 2 with the buildings (the custom colours look weird, particularly at a distance) and lots of seemingly small changes with no real large ones that peak their head up, aside from the marine and flying species.

We'll see what happens, but it is valid reason to be worried.
The only good news from JWE 2 so far are aerial and marine reptiles (even though it seem just simple preset paddock building like in RTJP DLC) so i hope we get 'REAL' more exciting news soon.

NB: Agreed. JWE 2 seem just more dlc than totally brand new game.

Last edited:
I thought that the rendering of the dinosaurs was beautifully done in JWE, but the game itself only held my attention for a very short time. My main issue was the paltry number of maps and the fact that space was so restricted on those, so there was very little scope for creativity or variety, which is important in a game like this I think. I five starred all of the islands fairly quickly and expected more content to be unlocked, but it never came. There was only a limited number of efficient ways of organising each island as far as I could tell, so it quickly became endless repetition of the same basic layout and rather irritating game loops (storm, escapees, disease, healing, storm, escapees...). I hope that they've introduced some kind of random map generator or map builder - that would hugely increase the longevity of the game. As I said, I thought that the foundations were good (Frontier's modelling and sound design are always top-notch).

Badly needs a procedural random map generator capable of varying the terrain height and the distribution of large bodies of water.

Nevertheless, the necessity to also adhere to strict creative licensing requirements by the film makers is also duly noted.

Hmm. I can think of 3 possibilities: (1) You can't hatch babies (creation lab only releases healthy young adults), but they can spontaneously appear in your herds. A distinction without a difference imo, but I think some people would be miffed that they can't simply make the petting zoo exibit. (2) Same basic idea but no baby models: 2 trikes go into the bushes, 3 come out. Lame. (3) What I think is most likely given the end of Fallen Kingdom and what is hinted at for Dominion: wild dinos wander into your park from beyond it's borders. Like Sorna from JWE1 but the next step up: the wild pop can grow cause more herds can wander into the area (and this could be an adjustable rate on sandboxes), new danger of wild super predators wandering in suddenly. Probably no baby dinos, but fits what the dev said here (although I'll add that #3 is not incompatable with either of the other two).

Addendum: It also occurrred to me that it would be thematic with the original book to just have more dinos randomly appear. As in "we bred 50 compies. Look. computer counts 63 Compies Oops! That's odd."

Last edited:
Hmm. I can think of 3 possibilities: (1) You can't hatch babies (creation lab only releases healthy young adults), but they can spontaneously appear in your herds. A distinction without a difference imo, but I think some people would be miffed that they can't simply make the petting zoo exibit. (2) Same basic idea but no baby models: 2 trikes go into the bushes, 3 come out. Lame. (3) What I think is most likely given the end of Fallen Kingdom and what is hinted at for Dominion: wild dinos wander into your park from beyond it's borders. Like Sorna from JWE1 but the next step up: the wild pop can grow cause more herds can wander into the area (and this could be an adjustable rate on sandboxes), new danger of wild super predators wandering in suddenly. Probably no baby dinos, but fits what the dev said here (although I'll add that #3 is not incompatable with either of the other two).

Addendum: It also occurrred to me that it would be thematic with the original book to just have more dinos randomly appear. As in "we bred 50 compies. Look. computer counts 63 Compies Oops! That's odd."
it boggles my mind that you have a twitter post, from a dev, confirming no breeding in the game, yet you still think it might be happening lol

it boggles my mind that you have a twitter post, from a dev, confirming no breeding in the game, yet you still think it might be happening lol
We have a carefully worded tweet from a Social media PR rep from a company that’s notorious for not giving straight answers about anything they aren’t ready to announce. (See “dino resizes are impossible”) Are you sure you want to make this personal over a single-player video game?

Top Bottom