Little worries about the flexible building, sollution already ahead.

I'm getting a little bit worried about the flexible building in Planet Coaster, it seems now you can't see if you are building trough something else. What is a little bit of a problem, or it might can be one. Now i have figured this out to get this probem out of the way, so i only want to ask you guys what you all are thinking about this sollution. (I made this thread because we have not seen this yet, or if Frontier is tackling the problem already)

Greetz Jonas Françoise

The problem what we are going to deal with.

a2198d7ef7e5c725968c429613971234.jpg

The sollution to solve this problem simple but effective.

c71130b586e0e2fd378ea82ee211b62c.jpg

I actually think clipping between scenery objects is a really good thing. I remember getting pretty frustrated in RCT3 when I wanted to build something, but it wouldn't allow me to build something the way I wanted it because two objects were touching or colliding with each other.

I actually think clipping between scenery objects is a really good thing. I remember getting pretty frustrated in RCT3 when I wanted to build something, but it wouldn't allow me to build something the way I wanted it because two objects were touching or colliding with each other.
absolutely. much better than rct3.

Agreed.

If you don't want something to clip into something else, place it better :p

Solution* Not double L'ed (Thought I'd mention that since you said the word solution at least 4 times

But yes. You should be very architectural like with planning (At least those who want to be realistic with their building ^^

On-topic to realism, I hated that POV shot of the Floorless coaster because of that hill.

I agree, your solution is good, but im sure its already in the game or will surely be included, would really wonder if frontier havent thought about that! if not, frontier, please put in that feature, it will safe us a looooooot of time!! [yesnod]

Solution* Not double L'ed (Thought I'd mention that since you said the word solution at least 4 times

But yes. You should be very architectural like with planning (At least those who want to be realistic with their building ^^

On-topic to realism, I hated that POV shot of the Floorless coaster because of that hill.

I'm sorry for my english, its not that good but it will do the job. I'm from the Netherlands so i try to do the best i can.

Last edited:
I think I'd rather have objects colliding than not be able to place objects where I'd like them to be.
It looks so unrealistic when you have to only have one item fitting into one square within the grid for example. Hated this about RCT3.
I think if you're worried about detail like this, as I am, it's best just to place things better!

And give the guy a break with the spelling. I'd like to see you try spelling Dutch. [big grin][tongue]

Like others have already said too, although not allowing clipping would make things more realistic, I think letting each player choose how realistic they want to be is good. I think the trade off of allowing clipping is more beneficial.

I do like your idea of the see-through tool though, or some way see objects intersection, only if you want to! [up]

I think I'd rather have objects colliding than not be able to place objects where I'd like them to be.
It looks so unrealistic when you have to only have one item fitting into one square within the grid for example. Hated this about RCT3.
I think if you're worried about detail like this, as I am, it's best just to place things better!

And give the guy a break with the spelling. I'd like to see you try spelling Dutch. [big grin][tongue]

I totally agree, wouldn't want to be held back by some stupid collision detection when I want to build something out of more than one object.

Met mijn Nederlands is overigens ook niets mis, haha!

Yeah, it was meant to be see for people if something through another object.

(Even in het Nederlands, ik weet niet of ik het goed uitleg maar dit bedoel ik. Dat je een tool aan of uit kan zetten, om te zien of je door andere opjecten heen zit en dat op de plaatsen het bijv geel word. Zodat je een beetje diepte ziet waarin je bouwt, en dat dit een soort x-ray idee is maar dan alleen voor building objects.)

Last edited:
I'm agree with all of you. This freedom allow us to make all the things we can imagine. In my opinion, the collision between different objects is a thing from the past. Now we can make it everything. We can avoid this kind of things simply placing the objects in the right place.

Last edited:
I'm agree with all of you. This freedom allow us to make all the things we can imagine. In my opinion, the collision between different objects is a thing from the past. Now we can make it everything. We can avoid this kind of things simply placing the objects in the right place.

The problem is that you not always see it.

The building tools are actually really intuitive and you can create fantastic things in minutes. Plus there are more options to come!

Top Bottom