Live Forum Q&A - Audio!

Will there be speakers for own music to place in the park and maybe onride speakers for darkrides and coasters?That would be awesome to see in PlanetCoaster!![big grin]

Thanks for awesome work guys! The audio is so great in this game and contributes a lot...

Just small question and a lot of nostalgy:
- Is it possible to have the sound "coca-cola" by the guest when he buys a drink like in first RCT? A long time ago, when we zoom on a guest that buy a drink, we clearly hear ;-) the guest telling "coca-cola"...

And as almost everyone asks: will we be able to use our custom music and have sound/music triggered by a ride at a specific point?

Hello, and thanks for your good work.

A question for Matthew. When we are closer to release, will you do a Sarrantonio Survey Spin showcase video for Planet Coaster, moving around a good park in FPS mode? [big grin]

Last edited:
Hi guys! Love the audio in this game so far :) These are my 2 questions (sorry if they have already been answered)

1. Will every ride have music to it and will you be able to change the song playing?
2. Will we have custom music in the future?

hi mat and john,

1. i have been wondering if we will have the oppertuniy to have custom music in the game.
2. will we be able to put speaker somewhere?
3. will there be a mixmaster thing just like in rct 3, in wich you can sync your audio with effect and stuff.
4. will there be a possibility to get triggered audio?

thanks a bunch! this game is awesome! cant wait to get my hands no phase 2 :D

First off, you guys have done an amazing job. I love to just pull back from the park when I'm building at night and listen to the crickets, it's the little touches like that that make it an experience.

My question: The sound effects on the coasters are a bit forced. The B&M style track sounds like it's falling apart when it rounds a corner with any speed. Are the sound bytes going the be adjusted for coasters?

Many are asking to add their own music/sound to the game, and that would be great. What would also be nice if we could replace existing sounds with either a silent sound file (MP3 or OGG), or with our own choice of sound/music. The devs of City of Heroes (R.I.P.) allowed that and it was a godsend for muting some sounds that were really grating on players (e.g., a constant hum near a certain building). Players could just drop their own sound file into the directory (/sounds/equipment/lowhum.ogg) and it would replace the default. So, could that be feasible for P.C.?

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Alright guys,

Thanks for joining us! Sorry we're a couple of minutes late. Mat and Jon are super excited to be here and will be trawling through and answering your questions as of now but keep the questions and replies coming in and have a good time. :)

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hi everybody!

So I have a question for you dear Dev Team!

Do you intend to add small boxes a sound effect?

Let me explain,
For example small short term sounds like: the strange laugh, door creaking noises, animal sounds, etc ... to create dark ride with horror type of atmospheres, halloween or else!

Thank you in advance and kept your wonderful work! You sell the dream guys![up]

Jashby

Frontier
Frontier
What music do you all at Frontier like to listen to? And which genre/type of music do you like to make?

Hey everyone!

Glad to be here and talk a bit about the tech side of some of the audio in the game :)

At lot of the time I can't listen to music, because I'm working on the game, but while I'm programming I generally listen to either pop-punk and rock, ambient stuff (like Tycho or Emancipator). I also listen to a lot of game soundtracks (yesterday I was listening to the Civ IV one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A I love that track so much!)

What was the inspiration behind King Coaster's laugh? It cracks me up whenever I hear it. Will he get more sound effects as the game progresses?

Last edited:
Welcome guys! First, the audio sounds amazing. Second, will there be parades or firework shows that show off your wonderfully amazing audio?

Top Bottom